• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Coulter cites Gun Control to highlight TSA nonsense

Beretta92FSLady

I agree that the train left the station under Bush 43, but Obama opened the throttle. I thought he said something about not liking the Patriot Act while campaigning. Guess I was on drugs or something because Obama never lies.

I think Obama has run into the same issue all Presidents run into; they make campaign statements that are based on an outside view off the circumstances, then once they enter the White House, well, we see the results with every newly elected President v. campain "promises" or speeches.

He appears to have thought he was going to be able to do certain things that are not as easily deconstructed once they are established. A few examples: The Patriot Act, Guantamino Bay, Iraq war.

Once power is given over to the government--through The Patriot Act--historically, it seems the government tends to put up a fight when it is demanded by the public to back away from the powers given. The Patriot Act was a knee-jerk reaction that Americans are going to pay for many years by having their rights infringed upon.

All politicians have ideas of what they are going to do while in office, most of those things are not followed through with because of the social mood, politics, etc.

Last edited:

rodbender

I think Obama has run into the same issue all Presidents run into; they make campaign statements that are based on an outside view off the circumstances, then once they enter the White House, well, we see the results with every newly elected President v. campain "promises" or speeches.

He appears to have thought he was going to be able to do certain things that are not as easily deconstructed once they are established. A few examples: The Patriot Act, Guantamino Bay, Iraq war.

Once power is given over to the government--through The Patriot Act--historically, it seems the government tends to put up a fight when it is demanded by the public to back away from the powers given. The Patriot Act was a knee-jerk reaction that Americans are going to pay for many years by having their rights infringed upon.

All politicians have ideas of what they are going to do while in office, most of those things are not followed through with because of the social mood, politics, etc.

You have excuses for your guiy, but if it were a Rep., would you have an excuse....not no but , HELL NO.

Beretta92FSLady

You have excuses for your guiy, but if it were a Rep., would you have an excuse....not no but , HELL NO.

You think? There are MANY Obama-policies that I absolutely do not agree with. I am an equal opportunity disagree'r. I think some people are under the impression that I am fine with whatever Obama does...NOPE!

I would tell you what those policies are, but this is not the thread for it.

I prefer to use the bean between my ears over excusing the totality of an issue for the sake of a convenient conclusion. I may not articulate my stance well or use proper sentence structure and punctuation, but I use my brain to reason to its highest ability.

Last edited: