• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Body...

Beretta92FSLady

Each morning I wake, and the first thing I do is sit at the end of my bed, and drink a couple of glasses of *water* - I have done this for years.

This thread is about not only being prepared, you know - Beretta 92FS, 2X 15 rd. magazines, 'utility knife', flashlight...have I forgot something...yes!:

Pushups: 3 sets (at least, combination *knuckle, palm, finger tips*) of 15 reps (intentional, slow, motion *no knee pushups*)

Situps: 3 sets (at least) of 10 reps (slow)

Captain Gripper: 140 Lb. 4-6 sets of 10 reps (slow)

80 Lb. punching bag: (Punch until I am not irriated with some OC posts anymore, J/K)

Stretches: 15 minutes.

*Starting to run again* wk. 1 (1) mile every other day, then increase. I used to run 5+ a day (too much time in front of the computer with my courses).

So, Ladies, Gentlemen, let's have it, what do you do each day for physical activity? What do you recommend? I have been considering eventually throwing in a couple of days every now and then of rationing meals, just to see how I would feel, and to acclimate my mind to the struggles of limited food.

I know there will likely be someone who asks what this has to do with OC - NOTHING, hence, my posting in 'The Social Lounge'.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well???

she wrote...
Each morning I wake, and the first thing I do is sit at the end of my bed, and drink a couple of glasses of what - I have done this for years.

ive gotta guess,,,
saw someone on TV exctroling the virtues of,,,,
Recycling...
am i right?, am i close?, is it warm?

Outdoorsman1

Last month I tried to do a sit up....:lol:

Seriously... I eat mainly fresh fruit and fresh or steamed veggies, Chicken (no skin), Pork (no fat) and somtimes a nice medium rare steak. I drink water and Diet A&W Root Beer, Miller Lite, and no fat milk.

For excecise, I walk (a little), ride my bike (a lot), and I live on a lake so I have a small boat without a motor which I oar (row?) around the (big) lake (staying close to shore). I also have a pedal boat (good size W/ 12 Ft. Aluminim Pontoons) that I peadal around the shoreline....

And I do a lot of eye excercises by comming here on a daily basis...

Outdoorsman1

irish52084

Over the last year, I haven't trained at all and it shows. My son was born in March of last year and I haven't been able to train like I was because of my work schedule and watching both boys during the day. I'm changing shifts and positions at work over the next 6 weeks, so I'll get to train again.

Before my sons birth last year I trained 3+ days a week in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, ran 3 miles every other day and did 10-12 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag at high intensity. The heavy bag is awesome for venting any stress, something about hitting it really hard about 600 times just feels so good.

I think it's good to take care of yourself and be fit, but I prefer to train for some sort of combative training. I find it more interesting than just the typical cardio, lifting etc...

As a young man of 16 I started lifting seriously, 2x a day, 45 minutes in the morning and 90+ minutes at night. I went from about 270 lbs to a steady 190-195 in about 10 months. It was something I did for about 3 years and I enjoyed it, but always felt like it wasn't as fulfilling as the years of martial arts I had done as a youth. I kept lifting at a reduced level through college and that's when I found BJJ and boxing.

I wish I could clearly articulate how different it is to have to grapple with someone that's resisting than it is to lift heavy weights. It's something that you just can't replicate artificially and it trains all these muscles to do something foreign all the time. I think that kind of training is great for those of us who carry, because you may have to use 1 arm to fend someone off so you can get to your gun. Maybe you just need to be able to control someone so you don't have to use your weapon. I could go on and on, but this post is too long as it is.:lol:

usamarshal

8 cups of water a day....240 sit ups at 80 reps for set of 3....120 push ups at 40 perfect pushups set of 3....60 pull ups at 20 reps for set of 3...this is after 20-30 min of walking/running on treadmill.

The Wolfhound

Daily

Reach down with my foot and rub the dog's belly. He expects it and it is our ritual. Followed by stumbling into the bathroom. Excercise? you must be kidding me.

Badger Johnson

I get up and put on my biking gear, bibs, jersey, shoes w/cleats, eat oatmeal and ride for 30 min. Later in the day we go to the Health Club and do 30 on the elliptical and then swim for 20 minutes in the lap pool. We get about 4-6 days per week. Since I'm retired, I have the free time. I don't push too hard but I do a series of bursts, 130 cadence, 180-200 watts for 5 minutes on and off. At the end of a session I've lost about 2-3lbs of sweat/water.

More important than what you do is figuring out how to get out there on a consistent basis, and how to optimize the number of sessions you can get per week and still recover for the next one. Road biking, stationary biking, rowing machines, elliptical machines are all good and lower impact. I don't recommend but very light treadmill use - it's not a natural motion.

$.02

Toad

Founder's Club Member
Morning exercise routine includes 4 snooze-n-rolls (hit the button roll over repeat every 9 min).
Finally sit up stretch and pass some gas.
Make half attempted stumble-walk to turn on coffee pot trip over dog or kids toy and practice cursing.
Shower and then on to balance training by placing both legs into one pant leg, fall over and continue with cussing exercises.
Pour coffee into cup and spill some while dropping cup lid and start pain threshold training by banging head into counter while bending over to pick up lid.
Work on breathing exercises by holding breath due to pain and not wanting to practice cussing out loud.
Pass gas, due to pressure built by holding breath, and work on humor response with a chuckle.

Head out the door for another good day!

:)

Beretta92FSLady

Morning exercise routine includes 4 snooze-n-rolls (hit the button roll over repeat every 9 min).
Finally sit up stretch and pass some gas.
Make half attempted stumble-walk to turn on coffee pot trip over dog or kids toy and practice cursing.
Shower and then on to balance training by placing both legs into one pant leg, fall over and continue with cussing exercises.
Pour coffee into cup and spill some while dropping cup lid and start pain threshold training by banging head into counter while bending over to pick up lid.
Work on breathing exercises by holding breath due to pain and not wanting to practice cussing out loud.
Pass gas, due to pressure built by holding breath, and work on humor response with a chuckle.

Head out the door for another good day!

:)

That is freaking awesome:lol: