• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i feel ALONE

Joe GlockStar

im a permit holder in the blaine minnesota and surrounding areas. i practice the fine art of open carry daily and everywhere always. but as much as i read about people in the area OCing i have never seen anyone else doing it, and i make my rounds. even entering all the local gunshops and being an employee of the biggest shop/range (IMO) i still have yet to see anyone else ocing. i did notice tho when i went to the PERFECT TEN CARWASH on county road 10 by northtown mall, that there is a HUGE sign soon as u walk in that says "CCW permit holders welcome." which i thought was awesome and commended the manager responsible for the sign. so if there is any group of folks who are interested in doing any OC events im game. just shoot me a message on here and ide be more than happy to join in any events, dinners, trash pickups, whatever.i just want to know, am i alone? i feel like the "crazy MWAG" everywhere i go because i stick out, again because im the only one i feel like? someone please prove me wrong ide love to have some peace of mind. the local BLAINE PD even harrasses me regularly making comments such as "so your the guy we get a million calls a week about" or "So your the idiot thats pushing your kids stroller around with a gun wide out in the open" the blaine cops are very harsh and hate any type of carrying even concealed...and thats direct words from the DETECTIVES of blaine, not only the street guys. i have nothing but respect for them and plan on maybe being a LEO here one day. but i wont be like these guys.

Cody Pehrson

I feel alone also... I live in Bloomington MN and have never seen another person open carrying. kinda sad really. I have never had a problem though.

tjkruck

I was just OC in fleetfarm in blaine today to get some ammo, then had a blast at bills gun shop and range in circle pines. Is there any good place to go in bloomington. I would be happy to go to some places in that town but MOA bans all weapons so I don't really know of any other place to attend in bloomington

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

gunns

Your in Blaine, I live in Shakopee. Want to meet half way and have some coffee?

robdoar

I OC in the Andover / Coon Rapids / sometimes Blaine area daily. :) We are out there...

Think about it....

+/- 97,000 permit holders... 100,000 for math's sake.

70% are out of the metro area....

Based on survey of former students.

about 1/2 carry at all

1/2 carry daily

1/4 open carry at all

1/4 of that OC Daily.

Makes about 420 who will be OCing daily in the metro area... :)

MPWarrior653

I'm not quite around your area, but Minnesota nonetheless! I'm in St. Cloud, just got my permit in the mail today; wore my .40 fishing and it felt good! I'm thinking I'll be mainly open carrying.

tjkruck

i havent had much problem in st. cloud, ive open carried in texas roadhouse, gander mountain, fleetfarm, and a few other places i cant remember, even the mall isnt posted so i did at target and scheels, culvers on hwy 10 and caseys in waite park. got kicked out of vilos lanes tho but that place is closed now, st. cloud isnt that far from me

MPWarrior653

i havent had much problem in st. cloud, ive open carried in texas roadhouse, gander mountain, fleetfarm, and a few other places i cant remember, even the mall isnt posted so i did at target and scheels, culvers on hwy 10 and caseys in waite park. got kicked out of vilos lanes tho but that place is closed now, st. cloud isnt that far from me

Well... I'm new to this. I've Open carried once or twice on duty (I'm an MP in the Army lol), but it's a lot different when you're not in uniform. I think the short haircut and dressing respectably does a lot for me though. It's not like I go all thugged out haha. Let's do a meet some time around here, to get me into the civilian open carry scene!

Cody Pehrson

I was just OC in fleetfarm in blaine today to get some ammo, then had a blast at bills gun shop and range in circle pines. Is there any good place to go in bloomington. I would be happy to go to some places in that town but MOA bans all weapons so I don't really know of any other place to attend in bloomington

Cowboy Jacks is usually a lot of fun. Just open carried there the other day and waitress didn't even realize I was carrying till I gave her a nice tip and said... "O! you have a gun...and laughed" I then said "yup!" and thats about as much confrontation I received lol the bouncers there also conceal carry sometimes and are really nice if your not a drunk causing problems.

tjkruck

Cowboy Jacks is usually a lot of fun. Just open carried there the other day and waitress didn't even realize I was carrying till I gave her a nice tip and said... "O! you have a gun...and laughed" I then said "yup!" and thats about as much confrontation I received lol the bouncers there also conceal carry sometimes and are really nice if your not a drunk causing problems.

Be careful carrying in a bar its one thing if you go for the bar food but if you go to drink (even one) it stirs up a whole can of worms we don't need.

MPWarrior653

Be careful carrying in a bar its one thing if you go for the bar food but if you go to drink (even one) it stirs up a whole can of worms we don't need.

I don't know about your cowboy jacks down there, but up here our wings are INCREDIBLE! Well worth going there for, even without drinking haha. I don't remember what day it is, but I guess they have a bucket of wings for $5. I definitely need to get on that pretty soon here, maybe we could make it a meet n greet day even.

tjkruck

I don't know about your cowboy jacks down there, but up here our wings are INCREDIBLE! Well worth going there for, even without drinking haha. I don't remember what day it is, but I guess they have a bucket of wings for $5. I definitely need to get on that pretty soon here, maybe we could make it a meet n greet day even.

I did see that there is a cowboy jacks in st cloud. Where it is Idk. Always down for some good wings. I usually go to the ultimate for boneless wings on Thursdays

Last edited:

MPWarrior653

I did see that there is a cowboy jacks in st cloud. Where it is Idk. Always down for some good wings. I usually go to the ultimate for homeless wings on Thursdays

Can't say I've ever had the "Homeless" wings at ultimate... lol.

Jacks is mingled in with the bars downtown, right next to the press, where the old Rox used to be. I love me some wings, would really suck having to draw on somebody with your hands covered in BBQ sauce though! :lol:

tjkruck

Can't say I've ever had the "Homeless" wings at ultimate... lol.

Jacks is mingled in with the bars downtown, right next to the press, where the old Rox used to be. I love me some wings, would really suck having to draw on somebody with your hands covered in BBQ sauce though! :lol:

Damn thought I edited it before anyone saw that. Lol stupid phone auto correct always making wrong words when do they have specials.

Last edited:

MPWarrior653

Damn thought I edited it before anyone saw that. Lol stupid phone auto correct always making wrong words when do they have specials.

Just found on their website, apparently it's every Tuesday from 5-10pm until the end of the year. Bucket of 24 wings for $5.00! I vote we use that for a meet n greet once or twice! I know a couple buddies I could probably round up for that, and then it seems we're the only two from the Minnesota forum here lol.

tjkruck

Just found on their website, apparently it's every Tuesday from 5-10pm until the end of the year. Bucket of 24 wings for $5.00! I vote we use that for a meet n greet once or twice! I know a couple buddies I could probably round up for that, and then it seems we're the only two from the Minnesota forum here lol.

This Tuesday should work the wife wants to go to the mall. I will not be able to make it up there until Tuesday but we should make sure that one is firearm friendly

Last edited: