• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Banks?

ryan7068

While it may have been discussed or mentioned at some point, I havn't seen it. I am currently a Wells Fargo patron and have had no issues OCing there. I would however be interested in a bank that makes a point to welcome a firearm on their property. Obviously not necessary but I was just curious if there are any in hampton roads that have a pro-gun sign???? Thanks

GreatDaneMan

I bank with Chartway and OC into their branches as well as the locations inside farm fresh. I am always welcomed. No mention has ever been made.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Truth be told, I'm more interested in the fact that a bank is not overtly anti than whether or not it goes out of the way to welcome me and my handgun with open arms.

It's nice to know that some banks publically allow open carry, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - a sign saying "Guns Welcome"?

stay safe.

ryan7068

Truth be told, I'm more interested in the fact that a bank is not overtly anti than whether or not it goes out of the way to welcome me and my handgun with open arms.

It's nice to know that some banks publically allow open carry, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - a sign saying "Guns Welcome"?

stay safe.

Interesting thought

ocholsteroc

stay safe.

images

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Nice to see signs telling me what thery and I already knew. But that's just saying they know better than to violate the law.

Where's the confetti and the coupon for a new blender?

stay safe.

Steeler-gal

PNC OC is OK

PNC bank allows OC in their stand-alone brick-and-mortar branches as well as the grocery store branches too. I don't know if it is posted, but I know that they don't have a problem with OC.

Jay

Well you would think anything with the word "UVA" would be anti... However I have OC'd at my bank UVA Community Credit Union and I have never had any issues.

SovereignAxe

I'm not sure how many Suntrusts you guys have in Virginia, but I've never had a problem in any of them around here. All of the other ones I know of are local banks or credit unions.

hirundo82

Funny how this establishment thinks they recongnize the Constitution when they are only allowing Concealed Carry. I guess the shall not be infringed part is for concealed carriers only....

That's a bank in Chapell Hill, Texas. It's not the bank's fault their customers can't open carry on the premises.

scouser

I'm not sure how many Suntrusts you guys have in Virginia, but I've never had a problem in any of them around here. All of the other ones I know of are local banks or credit unions.

I was OC in my local Suntrust today and the only comments I heard was the female staff there saying "aww isn't he cute", so I said "well thank you, you're gonna make me blush" and they laughed "we were talking about your boy" as they pointed at Logan.