• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another law abiding citizen arrested for breach and interference...

customcreationllc

Did the cinema really prohibit firearms?
Most of the time the there is no sign or it is so small an not on all the doors.

I hope everything goes Hwang's way and the police get in trouble.
That is total BS you cannot search everyone at will like that.
I'm actually surprised only one person had a gun on them.

The phone call should have been.
"There is a man with a gun"
Can you describe it, was he threatening anyone.
Not threatening anyone, it is tucked inside his waistband.
That is legal in this state and all but 1 other states. You should feel safer that there is law biding citizens around you that can protect you.
Really where can I get the permit to do that?
very easy talk to your local police department and have a nice day.

Last edited:

rt1983

No mention of any posted signs, not have I personally ever seen one in ct theaters

customcreationllc

Like they would have caught any criminals that way anyways.
Criminals would have just ditched the gun.

Was Hwang they guy they even called in about?

Last edited:

rt1983

Rich I think he is actually on the guys side and wants to see how he fairs with the actual law on his side

Rich B

Rich I think he is actually on the guys side and wants to see how he fairs with the actual law on his side

That might be, but lets not respond with glee that a man who (from the media reports) broke no laws, now has to get dragged through the court system because the New Haven PD apparently doesn't have a clue about the laws of the state. I don't see a single thing in the media reports so far that shows an appropriate response to this incident at all.

I hear too much 'just let the courts work it out'. Tell that to people like Mr. Doutel who had corrupt police and prosecution drag him through the courts for one and a half years while denying his rights over nothing but a voicemail that they had to admit they were not even willing to prosecute on.

http://ctcarry.com/NorwalkvDoutel/NorwalkvDoutel

rt1983

That might be, but lets not respond with glee that a man who (from the media reports) broke no laws, now has to get dragged through the court system because the New Haven PD apparently doesn't have a clue about the laws of the state. I don't see a single thing in the media reports so far that shows an appropriate response to this incident at all.

I hear too much 'just let the courts work it out'. Tell that to people like Mr. Doutel who had corrupt police and prosecution drag him through the courts for one and a half years while denying his rights over nothing but a voicemail that they had to admit they were not even willing to prosecute on.

http://ctcarry.com/NorwalkvDoutel/NorwalkvDoutel

Agreed

Skinnedknuckles

In addition to the points already raised, I noted with interest that 1) he is a lawyer so it might be presumed that he was and is aware of his rights and how to protect them and 2) he kept talking on his cell while the police rousted the other patrons. I wonder if his cell phone was recording what was happening, or if the person on the other end was recording (does anyone know how to do that - might be a good thing to know). I'm also surprised there weren't a dozen interviews of the other patrons.

WFSB raised the point of not carrying where the property owner prohibited it. I saw nothing on the BowTie web site on the subject. Too bad CT didn't specify how the property owner had to convey the prohibition.

The NBC report stated that he had the gun in a holster in the small of his back, not "tucked in his waistband" (unless it was in an IWB holster giving that appearance).

rt1983

lol here's a good one, he is a WELL known immigration attorney.
Even better his office is in new haven

Last edited:

rt1983

If a police officer ever accuses me or questions me about anything, I will surely talk right away or I may be arrested for not cooperating. Right!!
And this guy is an attorney, so I am sure he doesn't know any of his rights

KennyB

That makes me wonder, what is the Connecticut Code paragraph for "noncooperation with a police officer"?

Maybe he figured, him just sitting there minding his own business that there was no requirement to comply to an unlawful order?? Well, maybe unlawful in "his" eyes anyways.......

KennyB

I don't know what these cops were thinking...

Rich, it seems the standard response for a MWAG by police is to "saturate" the area with police. I believe you know that from experience. In this case, I heard over 20 LEO's responded to this call. Meanwhile, the areas being patroled by these same officers have no police protection. All this for a legally carrying citizen. A quick search on YouTube shows this to be the case almost everywhere when a MWAG call is recieved.

Rich B

Rich, it seems the standard response for a MWAG by police is to "saturate" the area with police.

Which is a stupid response and very likely to violate civil rights...

I believe you know that from experience.

Not really.

In this case, I heard over 20 LEO's responded to this call. Meanwhile, the areas being patroled by these same officers have no police protection. All this for a legally carrying citizen. A quick search on YouTube shows this to be the case almost everywhere when a MWAG call is recieved.

Most OC incidents I have seen involve 1 or 2 officers.

KennyB

Rich I seem to remember a MUCH larger response then 1 or 2 LEO's to your incidents at Starbucks and the pool hall. Correct me if i'm wrong?