• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in the Northern Neck

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went to the gunshow in Warsaw today. This is only the second show they've had and I loved it. Country people and an old fashioned style show, No Ninjas, Backshirts, gender confused door Nazis or off duty cops. Good deals on decent guns, Flat loved it!

VCDL was missing though. Kinda a shame they turned down a free table in an area that has almost no membership in.

OC'ed in Lowerys and 7-11 in Tappahanock.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't think they turned it down Peter - need volunteers to man the table + show supplies. What we need are a few people to step forward.

We have a chicken v. egg situation me thinks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don't think they turned it down Peter - need volunteers to man the table + show supplies. What we need are a few people to step forward.

We have a chicken v. egg situation me thinks.

I told the fellows at the table in Richmond that I'd handle it if no one else would. I expect that may make what hair Philip has, fall out:lol: But you're right. You won't get volunteers until you have members and you won't have members until you have a presence.

At the very least there should be some flyers at the next show.

FWIW, the NRA didn't come either.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I told the fellows at the table in Richmond that I'd handle it if no one else would. I expect that may make what hair Philip has, fall out:lol: But you're right. You won't get volunteers until you have members and you won't have members until you have a presence.

At the very least there should be some flyers at the next show.

FWIW, the NRA didn't come either.
Maybe next time we can assemble some of the Ol' Pharts (young bucks welcome too) and make our presence known.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Next date is Oct 19-20... same weekend as a show in Richmond.

I'm pretty sick of the Richmond shows. I'll make the drive again. Getting reloading supplies from Mac's is the only reason I'd go to another one and he's close enough to go pick them up.

Marco

Maybe next time we can assemble some of the Ol' Pharts (young bucks welcome too) and make our presence known.

Tell you what, if you guys head that way let me know and I'll meet you in the richmond area and tag along just for the ride.
I'll mark my calendar now but contact me the weekend before hand to remind me, with four kids I forget things unless someone is tugging at my coatails.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What is a 'Gender-confused Door Nazi'? (or what do they look like?)

Well, the one that they had at the Showplace was obviously a cop somewhere judging by her commands.
She had a patchwork face. Swear to God, it looked like someone sewed little squares of skin all over her face.
She had a manly haircut and whenever someone walked by, she'd bark "Sir...do you have a gun" If you didn't answer, it got worse..."Sir...I asked you a question, answer it" I was expecting her to yell "Freeze" any time":uhoh:

Yell. isn't the right word. She squalled like female cops do when they're trying to act tough.:eek:

My last response to her even embarrassed Proshooter. She shutup after that. She would glare at me every time I walked by though.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tell you what, if you guys head that way let me know and I'll meet you in the richmond area and tag along just for the ride.
I'll mark my calendar now but contact me the weekend before hand to remind me, with four kids I forget things unless someone is tugging at my coatails.
Works for me.

Will first have to be prodded myself though - used to try and keep a calander, but when the dates started to be hidden, I kinda slacked off. :eek:

scouser

Well, the one that they had at the Showplace was obviously a cop somewhere judging by her commands.
She had a patchwork face. Swear to God, it looked like someone sewed little squares of skin all over her face.
She had a manly haircut and whenever someone walked by, she'd bark "Sir...do you have a gun" If you didn't answer, it got worse..."Sir...I asked you a question, answer it" I was expecting her to yell "Freeze" any time":uhoh:

Yell. isn't the right word. She squalled like female cops do when they're trying to act tough.:eek:

My last response to her even embarrassed Proshooter. She shutup after that. She would glare at me every time I walked by though.

:uhoh: what did you say? PM or email me if you can't print it here :cuss: