• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why in large numbers? Why with so many video cameras rolling?

stealthyeliminator

This is why. This took place following a CATI (Come and Take It) walk in Arlington in which there were about 79ish participants who walked for, unless I'm mistaken, a couple of hours unmolested by "law enforcement." As soon as the members disperse a few are "singled out" for a little handcuffing and harassment. The police receive a call, show up, handcuff the men, then try to convince the manager of Home Depot to file a trespass notice against them. The manager refused. Who called? It is unknown to me at this time, but what I've been told suggests it was not an employee of the store.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=493586787406118&set=vb.100002644032700&type=2&theater

Primus

This is why. This took place following a CATI (Come and Take It) walk in Arlington in which there were about 79ish participants who walked for, unless I'm mistaken, a couple of hours unmolested by "law enforcement." As soon as the members disperse a few are "singled out" for a little handcuffing and harassment. The police receive a call, show up, handcuff the men, then try to convince the manager of Home Depot to file a trespass notice against them. The manager refused. Who called? It is unknown to me at this time, but what I've been told suggests it was not an employee of the store.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=493586787406118&set=vb.100002644032700&type=2&theater

OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.

stealthyeliminator

OCing rifles and baiting Police. Why do these continue to get posted? Not relevant to point of Forum. Keep it to the other forums that are dedicated to this behavior.

Practically everything in your post is incorrect, precisely why you are on my ignore list. Don't expect me to read or respond to any more of your posts.

Primus

Practically everything in your post is incorrect, precisely why you are on my ignore list. Don't expect me to read or respond to any more of your posts.

Practically? There was two assumptions. It was OCing LR... based on the fact the dude has a rifle SLUNG on his shoulder. Baiting police... based on the event was called COME AND TAKE IT. Who are they telling that to? Aliens?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
OCing rifles and baiting Police...

Texas has no practical legal option for OC'ing a modern sidearm.

If the cops can tell this is so blatantly bait, WHY ARE THEY BITING?

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Practically? There was two assumptions. It was OCing LR... based on the fact the dude has a rifle SLUNG on his shoulder. Baiting police... based on the event was called COME AND TAKE IT. Who are they telling that to? Aliens?

Your errors are egregious and indicate willful ignorance. You're just shooting blindly with no care to how your words are baseless and unjustly defaming, and I find it offensively reckless. Come and Take It is a slogan older than Texas itself. It is a huge part of Texas history, heritage and culture. To interpret it as a literal challenge to police is absolutely idiotic.

You are also incorrect that this is not relevant to the forum. The forums rules explicitly exempt this thread from the prohibition on discussion of long gun open carry.

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Primus

Your errors are egregious and indicate willful ignorance. You're just shooting blindly with no care to how your words are baseless and unjustly defaming, and I find it offensively reckless. Come and Take It is a slogan older than Texas itself. It is a huge part of Texas history, heritage and culture. To interpret it as a literal challenge to police is absolutely idiotic.

You are also incorrect that this is not relevant to the forum. The forums rules explicitly exempt this thread from the prohibition on discussion of long gun open carry.

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Stand corrected on being not appropriate. I appreciate the correction, was not aware of the exception.

So your asserting that Come and Take It was not referring to their firearms? And your asserting it was not towards the police? Your issue is you just can't accept some guys bait and then get bit. You also can't even admit it when it's right in front of you. Just say it is and move on like everyone else has and does.

Primus

Texas has no practical legal option for OC'ing a modern sidearm.

If the cops can tell this is so blatantly bait, WHY ARE THEY BITING?

At least someone else sees it as blatantly baiting. Don't know why they are biting don't work with them and didn't even watch the video.

I agree, depending on the circumstances they maybe should have just moved along. Especially since they knew they were being baited. Or maybe they didn't, I don't pretend to know.

Primus

I agree, thugs cannot be baited, it is in their nature to be criminals.

Cute.

But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
At least someone else sees it as blatantly baiting....

My apologies. I did not watch the video.

Take my "if" to mean not only if it was blatant, but if the cops could tell. And if it was blatantly obvious, then one would expect the cops to be able to tell, no?

And if not blatantly anything, there should have been no contact beyond observation until whatever it was was apparent.

WalkingWolf

Cute.

But off topic and doesn't contribute to anything in any good way. If anything makes the forum look bad when you use slander like "thugs" when referring to police. I think your irrelevant, off-topic, bashing posts, are posted about 2-1 compared to your on topic usefull posts.g

Does everyone else see this? What is the point of this thread? Is there some legal question we are discussing? Is there some case we can cite and help these guys out somehow? Does it affect any of us, like a heads up watch out for this new thing coming? It's nothing more then propogating more "us vs. them" mentality. And so the rest of this thread will be a bunch of grown dudes sounding like little kids bashing eachother, because there's nothing with substance to discuss.

It is not your place to play moderator, your status whatever that is in your mind means nothing here. I know it is tough blow, but that is just too bad. Continue and we will continue to make fun of you.

Primus

For the record, I did jsut check the Come and Take It slogan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it

Must say it's pretty cool. Started in Georgia, then used in Texas Revolution from those pesky Mexicans.

It does reinforce my assertion that it was obviously referring to the .gov taking their firearms. Anyone who tries to interpret it as just a piece of history they happen to like, is a fool. The reason it was used in the TR was referring to the Mexicans taking their cannon (arms). So it is obviously seen as a modern day slogan for our arms being taken from the .gov (police). Oh well, it's a cool slogan and I like it.

Primus

It is not your place to play moderator, your status whatever that is in your mind means nothing here. I know it is tough blow, but that is just too bad. Continue and we will continue to make fun of you.

Well when you have kids trashing the house (not everyone who has posted so far, only some) it's up to an adult to step in and say knock it off making us all look bad.

There is no blow nevermind a tough one. Your just wasting space with words that mean little by trying to bash or "make fun" of me. I'm not worth the space on this forum to be made fun of, but I'm glad you think otherwise. If by "we" you mean, you and yourself, then I guess you can keep making fun. Not many other guys stoop so low as you do. Some guys take shots (to include myself when pushed), but you just seem to like to follow around and take shots.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
For the record, I did jsut check the Come and Take It slogan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it

Must say it's pretty cool. Started in Georgia, then used in Texas Revolution from those pesky Mexicans.

It does reinforce my assertion that it was obviously referring to the .gov taking their firearms...

That was cool. It was very interesting that the cannon in question was actually provided by the Mexicans when they were allies. It doesn't appear to have been a sale, so perhaps the Mexicans still had a legitimate claim to it.

WalkingWolf

Well when you have kids trashing the house (not everyone who has posted so far, only some) it's up to an adult to step in and say knock it off making us all look bad.

There is no blow nevermind a tough one. Your just wasting space with words that mean little by trying to bash or "make fun" of me. I'm not worth the space on this forum to be made fun of, but I'm glad you think otherwise. If by "we" you mean, you and yourself, then I guess you can keep making fun. Not many other guys stoop so low as you do. Some guys take shots (to include myself when pushed), but you just seem to like to follow around and take shots.

I don't consider a wannabe a adult, especially one that is clearly a racist. That said it is still not your place who is on this site.:banana:

Primus

That was cool. It was very interesting that the cannon in question was actually provided by the Mexicans when they were allies. It doesn't appear to have been a sale, so perhaps the Mexicans still had a legitimate claim to it.

Yea I honestly didn't know that was where it came from. Even the flag they have posted on that page is pretty bad a**. I'd rock the shirt if I could find one.

I'm a big fan of history and I actually think it's cool they are using the link all over again. Your right it seems the Mexicans may have just been trying to get property back and they wouldn't let them.