• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense shooting at Fred Meyer in Bremerton

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
ETA to wonder, how much Fair Use Quote
is TOO much?
That is at the discretion of the rights holder.

Also at the direction/request of OCDO administration.

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS:
We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

FUQ on OCDO is intended to be limited to short/partial excerpt, not a full reprint of the article.

Last edited:

Primus

FUQ from that link...

Surreptitious videotaping led to shooting at Bremerton store

Posted by John de Leon

The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says yesterday’s shooting at the East Bremerton Fred Meyer stemmed from the alleged gunman surreptitiously videotaping the victim and his girlfriend.

The victim, 35, is homeless and lives in his vehicle with his girlfriend, the Sheriff’s Office said. The couple had gone to the store yesterday and as they were walking out they noticed that a man was in a parked van and videotaping them with some sort of recording device, the Sheriff’s Office said.

The victim approached the man to ask why he was videotaping him. However, he told deputies the man in the van pulled out a gun and shot him in the neck, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Seems the OFFICIAL reports dont mention the alleged report from a witness...

So he didn't like being video taped and confronted the guy about it and got shot. It says "armed with knife", just means it could have been in his pocket. Any other details?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So he didn't like being video taped and confronted the guy about it and got shot. It says "armed with knife", just means it could have been in his pocket. Any other details?
See post #3:

"A coworker of mine stoped off at the nearby Pizza Hut just after the shooting. He asked a Pizza Delivery guy what happened. The Pizza Hut guy said that he saw two guys arguing in the parking lot. The victim pulled a knife and tried to stick the shooter, who kept backing away before he pulled out his weapon and fired."

No confirmation yet though.

delberto2

shooting still a mystery

Agreed. Too early to tell, everything is too vague to pass judgement.

If it all occurred at a gas station/gas pump, you'd have to be really lucky (or really unlucky, again, too early to tell) not to be somewhere on camera. Ninja hiding skills. :confused:

Hi all, this is an interesting story. Since the initial reports, which included alleged shooter defending himself against a knife attack, then no mention of knife in subsequent reports, then the "victim" and his girlfriend become victim and his companion, etc. Lots of changes in the breaking story, which happens, and then nothing except a follow-up story about the alleged shooter making bail. Most stories would include the name of the victim, what police found on the video camera the alleged shooter was using to film the victim, what the parking lot video showed, as Alsherry mentioned. Makes me wonder if this story has been squashed by local authorities for some reason.

Dave_pro2a

then the "victim" and his girlfriend become victim and his companion

Maybe they are just trying to avoid saying something like "Pimp and his hoe."

So much FUD, in the LEO and Media's attempt to put an anti-gun spin on this incident.

delberto2

Update story on Bremerton Fred Meyer shooting in Nov. 3013

Hi everyone, here's a link to the Kitsap Sun for an update on the Fred Meyer shooting.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2014/...meyer-shooting/?partner=popular#axzz2wXGF3W5p

It's still a mystery on who the "victim" was, his girlfriend, and what was going on at the time. No new word on the knife wielded by the "victim," though the alleged shooter had a passport and "thousands of dollars" on him at the time of the arrest in the Fred Meyer parking lot. I'll post updates as they come in.

Geerolla

The Kitsap Sun requires a subscription? Are they trying to go out of business?

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

WA.44CalGal

Fred Meyer Shooting

I found this site looking for further information on Robert O.
I am a former employee of FM and know the wife of the shooter.
The story from several co-workers (still not confirmed 100%):
The homeless man and his wife were shopping in the store and the wife (Mrs. O) noticed they were acting strange.
She suspected shoplifting and approached them. Apparently the man pulled a knife (unknown whether he advanced toward her or acted in a threatening manner) but the knife was shown.
Mrs. O backed off at this point, concerned for her safety and called her husband.

* A sidenote about Mr O. : He is an experienced shooter and from what's been revealed, rumor-wise, has an incredibly high security clearance (probably the kind that provides for him to have passports and a large amount of cash on hand just in case...)

After contacting her husband, Mr O. arrived and proceeded to videotape the couple (based on his wife's description) to verify their identities to her.
The man saw him videotaping and approached his vehicle demanding to know why.
The story changes several times from there... but in the end, Robert was arrested and the male who was shot was taken to the hospital.
Robert showed extreme restraint by merely injuring the guy. Had he wanted to, those could have been kill shots.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No reflection on anyone intended - I wasn't there.

It occurs to me that if there is time to call one's spouse and then video tape the individuals, that there was time to call the local constabulary.....meanwhile withdrawing from the situation.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I don't know. It sounds like maybe this O. character was "operationally operating." He was probably using his most operational ammo, and, confident that his training would make it impossible for him to miss, grazed the "perp" in the neck. Just as a warning shot of course. Then, just because he could, he took a few more shots at the "package" as it fled, in order to fully drive his point home, as it were. Surprisingly, his upper-echelon contacts in the *[strike]redacted[/strike]* agency didn't come swooping in to clean up the mess. Maybe he hadn't paid his lodge dues lately or something.

Primus

I don't know. It sounds like maybe this O. character was "operationally operating." He was probably using his most operational ammo, and, confident that his training would make it impossible for him to miss, grazed the "perp" in the neck. Just as a warning shot of course. Then, just because he could, he took a few more shots at the "package" as it fled, in order to fully drive his point home, as it were. Surprisingly, his upper-echelon contacts in the *[strike]redacted[/strike]* agency didn't come swooping in to clean up the mess. Maybe he hadn't paid his lodge dues lately or something.

You pay those dues in blood. Unfortunately his got away so he couldn't pay anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

ta5ha18

I found this site looking for further information on Robert O.
I am a former employee of FM and know the wife of the shooter.
The story from several co-workers (still not confirmed 100%):
The homeless man and his wife were shopping in the store and the wife (Mrs. O) noticed they were acting strange.
She suspected shoplifting and approached them. Apparently the man pulled a knife (unknown whether he advanced toward her or acted in a threatening manner) but the knife was shown.
Mrs. O backed off at this point, concerned for her safety and called her husband.

* A sidenote about Mr O. : He is an experienced shooter and from what's been revealed, rumor-wise, has an incredibly high security clearance (probably the kind that provides for him to have passports and a large amount of cash on hand just in case...)

After contacting her husband, Mr O. arrived and proceeded to videotape the couple (based on his wife's description) to verify their identities to her.
The man saw him videotaping and approached his vehicle demanding to know why.
The story changes several times from there... but in the end, Robert was arrested and the male who was shot was taken to the hospital.
Robert showed extreme restraint by merely injuring the guy. Had he wanted to, those could have been kill shots.

I know the victim and his girlfriend both very well. I am so outraged by how law enforcement and other officials have handled this unfortunate incident. The victim did have a knife, but it remained in his pocket! It was of sentimental value to him. When the paramedics were cutting his clothes off they had asked him if he had anything on him that they should know about and he then informed them of his pocket knife. It wasn't pointed at Mr. O nor anyone else for that matter. Mr. O was taking pictures and video of the victim and his gf for no apparent reason. The victim has a pic of Mr. O as he was videoing them from his van on a cell phone. It wasn't until they were coming back out of the store and had noticed Mr. O moved his van to another area of the parking lot and was still filming them on his phone that the victim had then decided to confront the man. When he asked him why he was taking pictures or video of him and his GF Mr. O didn't respond, but appeared to be very unstable, nervous, and angry according to the victim. He then pulled a gun out from under a magazine he had laying on his lap and shot the victim in his neck. As the victim was running away, Mr. O got out of the van ran toward him and then got down on one knee and fired two more shots hitting him once more in the arm.
I don't care who u are, when u open fire in broad daylight in a public parking lot like that your going down hard when they arrest you! I've seen it enough times! The calm, gentle way they took Mr. O was only the first of many things that have me questioning this story. He had his passport and thousands of dollars in cash on him... was this a hit man gone wrong? There are so many unanswered questions to this! He was charged with assault and drive by shooting! He wasn't even driving! With the pictures and/or video on his cell phone, the thousands of dollars in cash, his passport on hand, and the loaded gun in his lap...does that not seem "premeditated?" Why didn't they charge him with premeditated attempted murder?

The Truth

Incredibly odd story. Is it illegal to videotape someone?

Also gonna call BS on "they could have been kill shots...if he wanted them to be..."

Bizarre.