• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama supporters

Jamesm760

So I know we have a ton of Obama supporters on here and I happen to have some friends on FB that are strong supporters of Mr. Obama. One of these supporters recently began posting pictures such as the ones below.
576137_345711815541138_1548237049_n.jpg 1798517_1397375143863227_2140768528_n.jpg 1901815_1394942140773194_2077962596_n.jpg

So finally I sent them a PM.
msg.jpg
I am currently still waiting for a response.

I will say though, I have taken this person to the range with me and they had pretty decent aim and enjoyed shooting. Although some of you guys would have probably un-friend some of these individuals, that would not solve/help the problem. Which is why I worded the message the way I did. Any one else having similar experiences??

Here is a picture of how they did at the range.
581965_10201018635125720_621979993_n.jpg

stealthyeliminator

I've had an extremely negative experience with someone on facebook. I did in fact end up un-friending them. However, I later learned that it's possible to exclude their posts from my news feed without un-friending them, so I re-friended them and did that instead. I was really just tired of seeing all the crap that they were posting, I don't think I stopped caring about them as a person. I don't talk to them, especially about politics, though. I'm not in any way qualified to judge, but IMO you are handling the situation extremely well. Kudos.

carolina guy

I've had an extremely negative experience with someone on facebook. I did in fact end up un-friending them. However, I later learned that it's possible to exclude their posts from my news feed without un-friending them, so I re-friended them and did that instead. I was really just tired of seeing all the crap that they were posting, I don't think I stopped caring about them as a person. I don't talk to them, especially about politics, though. I'm not in any way qualified to judge, but IMO you are handling the situation extremely well. Kudos.

+1

Being a libertarian, I consider both the Republicans and Democrats to be rather silly when it comes to politics in this country. ;)

OC for ME

36_1_42.gif

Ooops, now ya gone and dunit.

Jamesm760

Yea didn't mean to start something. That is why I hate labels and do not consider myself anything. Labels are only there to separate and divide people. pfft.

stealthyeliminator

Well, if you want to make it US versus them, "libertarians" have not elected anyone and should be credited with contributing to the election of the worst progressives from the left Obama and the right Bushes 41 & 43.

This post is incorrect and not much more than a rather pathetic dig at libertarians, which this poster is known to make. In what way, sir, have libertarians generally contributed to the election of worst progressives? Also could you tell us who these worst progressives are?

Last edited:

Gallowmere

Well, if you want to make it US versus them, "libertarians" have not elected anyone and should be credited with contributing to the election of the worst progressives from the left Obama and the right Bushes 41 & 43.

On this, I shall allow Mr. Carlin to interject.

“I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don’t vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, ‘If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote — who did not even leave the house on Election Day — am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.”

OC for ME

Of course, not voting means that you can complain no matter who has been voted into office. Not participating = dropping out.....of liberty, that is.

stealthyeliminator

No... The voting system is an illegitimate system. "Participating" doesn't imply anything any more than merely living within the border. It means nothing. If the liberty minded are able to use the illegitimate system as a tool to further liberty, that's great. If they aren't, then they'll need to resort to other means. It's that simple. Attempting to use the illegitimate voting system as a tool to further liberty doesn't make one responsible for the fact that it's an illegitimate system. Not voting is the same. You've simply chosen not to put any effort into trying to make something good come out of such an illegitimate system. Not voting is not dropping out of liberty. The voting system defies liberty, it spits in it's face. The only way you're working toward liberty and voting is if you understand that ultimately the system is an illegitimate system and you're simply attempting to use it as a tool to further liberty, but that it might not work and you may have to use other means. For this reason only have I ever decided to cast a vote. Otherwise, I refuse.

sudden valley gunner

Not voting means a vote of no confidence. It does not mean you don't get to complain about those who use ballots as bullets and it doesn't mean you don't get to defend yourself against aggressive voters with agendas.

You can never blame the victim for the acts of the aggressor.

Freedom1Man

Not voting means a vote of no confidence. It does not mean you don't get to complain about those who use ballots as bullets and it doesn't mean you don't get to defend yourself against aggressive voters with agendas.

You can never blame the victim for the acts of the aggressor.

Mike Hunt just a write in on many of my ballots here in Washington.

Ben Dover is another one who gets a vote.

Phil O'Stein, Max E. Pad, Angie O'Plasty, Heywood Jablomi, and there are many many more that get a write in vote on the ballots.

sudden valley gunner

Let's not forget Jefferson's government was by property owning men and the government on a federal level would have very little effect in an individuals life.

Why we have the 2A, so minorities can fight the oppressive fake majority.

Gallowmere

Not voting effectively cedes power to those that do.

And participating in the system (voting) makes you complicit in everything that they do, no matter who you voted for. The day that not a single person shows up at the ballot box, is the day that the whole scam falls apart.