• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

police wont talk to you ? go to the chiefs house !!

onus

[video=youtube;qFo6MyUPFb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFo6MyUPFb0[/video]

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
The source of the linked video sure seems to want to have some stalking/harassment issues. Just stupid in my opinion! Just might end up with a 72 hour hold for a mental health evaluation!---- just saying!:eek:

onus

The source of the linked video sure seems to want to have some stalking/harassment issues. Just stupid in my opinion! Just might end up with a 72 hour hold for a mental health evaluation!---- just saying!:eek:

Why do you think that ? Explain....

Primus

Lol chief should have said leave my property. Then as soon as the guy said "well I want to....." snatch. Trespass.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

onus

Lol chief should have said leave my property. Then as soon as the guy said "well I want to....." snatch. Trespass.

making sure the ruling elite class can insulate themselves from the lowly subjects ?

Primus

making sure the ruling elite class can insulate themselves from the lowly subjects ?

No making sure a us citizen doesn't get woken up at 1030pm by a dude banging on his door demanding to talk to a resident.

onus

so any time someone wakes you up you turn them into a criminal ?

you should be a cop

Primus

so any time someone wakes you up you turn them into a criminal ?

you should be a cop

Lol yea that's almost what I said.

Your good at misquoting and spreading misinformation.

You should be the media

onus

Lol yea that's almost what I said.

Your good at misquoting and spreading misinformation.

You should be the media

come on bro. its time for you to man up and tell the truth.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Being a public figure like a Chief of Police makes one no longer a private citizen, so their reasonable expectation of privacy must be somewhat lower than private persons. But, the evening, when many people are sleeping, unless noted to be a night worker, is certainly impolite to demand an audience. Balance between public's interest and the privacy of a well known person must be found.

sudden valley gunner

No making sure a us citizen doesn't get woken up at 1030pm by a dude banging on his door demanding to talk to a resident.

But it's ok as long as you have a state issued costume and think they might have a gun?

Oh wait my bad, theres no banging (knocking) on doors in that situation.

eye95

No. Everyone, including the "ruling elite" should be able to insulate themselves from nutjobs and harassers. If you can't respect everyone's property rights, you respect no one's!

eye95

Being a public figure like a Chief of Police makes one no longer a private citizen, so their reasonable expectation of privacy must be somewhat lower than private persons. But, the evening, when many people are sleeping, unless noted to be a night worker, is certainly impolite to demand an audience. Balance between public's interest and the privacy of a well known person must be found.

BS. On his private property, he has the same expectations that you do. Either you respect everyone's property rights, or you respect no one's!

Fuller Malarkey

BS. On his private property, he has the same expectations that you do. Either you respect everyone's property rights, or you respect no one's!

If the shoe were on the other foot, the chief / his agents are at the door demanding an audience and, on being met by the offspring of the desired party they wanted to talk to giving them the stall, there would no longer be a door / entry, the dog would be shot and any elderly present beaten, tased or killed to announce their arrival.

The idea that police should wait until the occupants are asleep and enjoying the expectation of safe, secure rest within the confines of their own home to notify them that there has been a warrant issued permitting a search of the property by ambushing them in a terroristic attack is OK.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/swat-team-deputy-killed-serving-knock-warrant/

I reserve the right to not prescribe to some of your nonsense.

Primus

Yet another case where someone is doing something stupid and/or illegal to another person but its OK because the victim is police. So screw em they get what they deserve. Even though obviously this chief has a family that was also woken up and being harassed.

Did anyone see channel 5 out there? Any actual news network? No. Because this was was just another citizen harassing him.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I have gone INTO an elected person's house when I wanted to speak to the US Congressman....surprise ! My right to petition is strong.

Not trespassing until they tell you...

eye95

Yet another case where someone is doing something stupid and/or illegal to another person but its OK because the victim is police. So screw em they get what they deserve. Even though obviously this chief has a family that was also woken up and being harassed.

Did anyone see channel 5 out there? Any actual news network? No. Because this was was just another citizen harassing him.

It is part of the TV mentality. TV shows constantly depict folks breaking laws (laws that protect the rights of others, like laws against theft, assault, and murder), but doing so for a "good" reason. Folks become desensitized to lawbreakers who are doing so for reasons those folks think are "good." Bull. If the chief tells this guy to go away, and he does not, the guy is a thug criminal.

When they do it, it is wrong. When we do it, it is wrong.

Either respect the property rights of everyone, or you respect the property rights of no one!