• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti's and pro's just don't get it.

Beretta92FSLady

Both sides of the equation just don't get it.Pro's step onto their box and demand there be more firearms.Anti's step onto their box demanding there be less firearms.A bunch of opportunistic political gutter dwellers on both sides.There primary issues:-Mental health-Poverty-War on drugsThe so-called fiscal cliff will include cuts to mental health care...we need an expansion.Poor individuals do commit acts of desperation to survive, and to lash out at society.Everyone knows the War On Drugs is an utter failure.Democrats and Republicans would rather take the most emotive, political convenient, and expedient route: demand that the handling of firearms is the solution...either more, or less.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Both sides of the equation just don't get it.Pro's step onto their box and demand there be more firearms.Anti's step onto their box demanding there be less firearms.A bunch of opportunistic political gutter dwellers on both sides.3 primary issues:-Mental health-Poverty-War on drugs.The so-called fiscal cliff will include cuts to mental health care...we need an expansion.Poor individuals do commit acts of desperation to survive, and to lash out at society.Everyone knows the War On Drugs is an utter failure.Democrats and Republicans would rather take the most emotive, political convenient, and expedient route: demand that the handling of firearms is the solution...either more, or less.

The attack was NOT an act of desperation, it was a act of seeking attention, to become immortal, and get the fame like the others have done. This is a problem exasperated by media and liberals who just can't stop talking about it.

Beretta92FSLady

The attack was NOT an act of desperation, it was a act of seeking attention, to become immortal, and get the fame like the others have done. This is a problem exasperated by media and liberals who just can't stop talking about it.

Funny thing is I'm not exclusively referring to the recent shooting, nor mass shootings.

You can continue blaming Liberals for everything...a nice contribution to the problem.

I get it though. It's easier for you to be part of the problem, rather than the more dificult task of taking part in a solution.

Last edited:

mpguy

Funny thing is I'm not exclusively referring to the recent shooting, nor mass shootings.

You can continue blaming Liberals for everything...a nice contribution to the problem.

I get it though. It's easier for you to be part of the problem, rather than the more dificult task of taking part in a solution.

I don't think now is the time on place for either side to make there point. We should be taking the time to not only morn, but celebrate the lives of those lost.

Patience is a virtue. I will say this. Why can't we put vets, that are looking for a job atm, be aloud to stand the halls with the appropriate tools that the school's community deem appropriate for the task.

I think this would solve a lot of problems on both sides of the fence.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

self preservation

I'll take the bait. Whats the solution? Honest question.

Beretta92FSLady

Personally, I don't think there ought to be more restrictions...hell, I think felons ought not be barred from owning firearms, and carryinf firearms.

The substantive issues at hand are Systemic. Unfortunately, dealing with systemic issues costs money, and no person wants to help pay for it.

Americans are bonafide idiots, period.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Any even better question is what's the problem she's trying to solve. If you re-read the OP, there is no stated problem. Thus, we have no idea to what she is applying her solution(s).

Nearly 14k posts under your belt, and you're still having trouble comprehending posts, ot thoroughly reading posts.

I stated the first problem; hint: posturing on both sides.

There's a bone for you.

DrakeZ07

I don't think now is the time on place for either side to make there point. We should be taking the time to not only morn, but celebrate the lives of those lost.

Patience is a virtue. I will say this. Why can't we put vets, that are looking for a job atm, be aloud to stand the halls with the appropriate tools that the school's community deem appropriate for the task.

I think this would solve a lot of problems on both sides of the fence.

Why just vet's? Are veterans somehow magically more competent, and more morally upstanding than an every-day Law-Abiding Citizen? There are millions of us LAC gun owners who need a job, only to be turned down because a lot of employers give preferential hiring to veterans... The only way to be a cop in most places without having years of college, is to present a flimsy DD214... IMO, I'd trust my neighbor with a gun in the halls of the local school over any veteran who could possibly suffering PTSD and haven't showed the signs of it... that's begging for another massacre.

carolina guy

Both sides of the equation just don't get it.Pro's step onto their box and demand there be more firearms.Anti's step onto their box demanding there be less firearms.A bunch of opportunistic political gutter dwellers on both sides.3 primary issues:-Mental health-Poverty-War on drugs.The so-called fiscal cliff will include cuts to mental health care...we need an expansion.Poor individuals do commit acts of desperation to survive, and to lash out at society.Everyone knows the War On Drugs is an utter failure.Democrats and Republicans would rather take the most emotive, political convenient, and expedient route: demand that the handling of firearms is the solution...either more, or less.

Ok...

1) an "expansion" on mental health care? Meaning what really?

2) What do we do about poverty?

3) What's your solution on the "war on drugs"?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Nearly 14k posts under your belt, and you're still having trouble comprehending posts, ot thoroughly reading posts.

I stated the first problem; hint: posturing on both sides.

There's a bone for you.

Readers,

This is one of the reasons I don't respond directly to her anymore.

She fails to state a problem, then blames me for not inferring it.

I only suspected her "problem" was the second and third sentences of the OP. However, I was absolutely certain something was screwy from her saying gunners demands for "more guns" is a knee-jerk reaction (post #6). Oh, it couldn't possibly be somehing people have looked at and thought about for a while. No, its a knee jerk reaction.

Her rambling conflation of causes in the first post--mental health, poverty, the so-called war on drugs--was another clue something was screwy.

But, look a little closer and it becomes apparent that the knee-jerk reaction of pro-gunners (sic) is to her a "problem". Not, the violation of rights that results in dead and wounded defenseless victims. No, the problem she wants to address is butting heads or whatever. She says to drop it. But, doesn't say what to do in its place, despite being expressly asked and given the opportunity.

Her dim view, her emotional view, of the people involved in the argument--both sides--shines through in her first sentence, "...just don't get it." She's last person to have standing to accuse others of an emotional reaction.

At best we've been treated to a bunch of off-base belly aching that, among other things, accuses pro-gunners of knee-jerking.

WalkingWolf

Hypocrissy

Her starting the thread was/is a knee jerk reaction, as most of the hysteria following these shootings. Plus her response to both Citizen and I was a knee jerk reaction on her part. She does not want solutions, unless they fit the progressive agenda, she just can't bring herself to be honest about it, like most liberals.

Lasjayhawk

Beretta, forgive me if I'm sticking words in your mouth but I think what you are asking is:

How in the hell can we have such a sick bastard running around loose that could kill 20 innocent children, and how do we keep the next sick bastard from doing something like this.

Sad answer is I don't know. :cry:

OC for ME

The answer was provided to us all over 220 years ago. Liberty, is the answer.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Archibald Stuart, December 23, 1791
The Op is liberal bleating, nothing more, and nothing less.

mpguy

Why just vet's? Are veterans somehow magically more competent, and more morally upstanding than an every-day Law-Abiding Citizen? There are millions of us LAC gun owners who need a job, only to be turned down because a lot of employers give preferential hiring to veterans... The only way to be a cop in most places without having years of college, is to present a flimsy DD214... IMO, I'd trust my neighbor with a gun in the halls of the local school over any veteran who could possibly suffering PTSD and haven't showed the signs of it... that's begging for another massacre.

Not all vets have ptsd. I threw it out there for the following reasons.

1. I don't have to point out, that here lately you don't need to go to war to have problems of the mind.

2. Vets do have more training in the shtf atm scenarios.

3. Not everyone trusts john doe down the street. I completely agree with your line of thinking. I was merely trying to find a neutral way of looking at the problem, that would satisfy both sides.

With the way the economy is, it's less money to take a already trained person, and fit to the task, instead of going threw the crap shoot of training a individual off the street.

Not every Lac goes and gets formal/decent training. That has to be taken into consideration. Of course I'm not picky. If john doe comes in off the street, and has decent papers then so be it.

I can't speak for others though. Just my

Last edited:

Chaingun81

I love how BerettaLady spent last few years telling us all how her beloved obama never have and never will restrict our gun rights and calling us all crazy for saying that he will as soon as its politically possible.

Now that he came out and said that he is going to do just that, she has immediately jumped to his defense, ready to back up whatever anti-gun mantra he is about throw our way.

And notice how she preemptively went on the attack before we even ask her some hard questions about her support for this scumbag. When asked simple and fair questions by such highly regarded and level headed activists as Citizen, she immediately responds with a personal attack questioning his ability to "comprehend posts". Wow, speaking of mentally imbalanced...

Chaingun81

Speaking of which, maybe I'm onto something here. Looks like she would much rather a new AWB, so she can keep her Beretta and just buy a few 10 round mags for it, than have government restrict gun ownership on a mental disease basis. Because if they did that, she just might have to turn her Beretta in...

Beretta92FSLady

I suppose I could spend another few years on here, getting into back and forths about whether or not I am pro or anti Liberty, or pro or anti gun. But last night I had a moment of clarity as I contemplated the relationships I have formed on this forum, my relationship with firearms, with the fringe side of the firearm community, with anti gun bleeding heart victim cross bearing liberals, and my inability to choose a side in this perpetual argument regarding firearms...who is right and who wrong.There will be no balanced, reasonable outcome to the political ends both sides hope to achieve.Invoted for Obama, both times, and I stand by my vote--what was the alternative...Romney, what a joke.Good luck in all endeavours. Seriously, I mean that for everyone. Let's keep OC alive, individually, every day.--I carry every day, and nothing will change that.Take it easy,Sara Mae