• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

G.A. politics: latest developments for gun rights

Repeater

First, pro RKBA Susan Stimpson announces challenge to Bill Howell -- great news!

Next, RINO Joe May announces he will challenge pro RKBA Dick Black for Senate.

Oh, and if he doesn't get his way, he still might run as an independent:
Governor McAuliffe has offered to clear the Democrat field if May were to run as an independent (thus making May the nominal Democrat in the race). We do not think Joe May has much of a chance in a Republican nomination contest against Dick Black, so it could be that May will ultimately run as an Independent with the tacit endorsement of state Democrats.

Repeater

New challenge to Emmett Hanger

Anyone know Dan Moxley?

Dan Moxley To Challenge Emmett Hanger

Here is what he says about the Second Amendment:
I will fight to protect your individual Constitutional right to bear arms. I believe this fundamental right was established to enable individual sovereignty and security, and that any attempt to circumvent it is an assault on both life and liberty. I will also support firearm education, training, and ownership in the Commonwealth to help secure this right for future generations.

TFred

First, pro RKBA Susan Stimpson announces challenge to Bill Howell -- great news!
Stimpson might be better than Howell, but she's not all you might think.

After several years of being informed, reminded and even pestered, she has thus far not bothered to correct Stafford County's ILLEGAL shooting ordinances that do not except air guns, which are STILL on the books.

If she can't even keep her own house clean, why would anyone believe anything she might say about the bigger issues?

This is just keeping it legal, there is absolutely no controversy. Why does she refuse to fix it?

TFred

ChristCrusader

Stimpson might be better than Howell, but she's not all you might think.

After several years of being informed, reminded and even pestered, she has thus far not bothered to correct Stafford County's ILLEGAL shooting ordinances that do not except air guns, which are STILL on the books.

If she can't even keep her own house clean, why would anyone believe anything she might say about the bigger issues?

This is just keeping it legal, there is absolutely no controversy. Why does she refuse to fix it?

TFred

My Supervisor contacted whatever attorney is at their beck and call, and was advised that such laws are appropriate and legal.
My Supervisor not being an expert on law or arms, I suppose I can't blame him for believing the errant "expert".
But I'd suspect that if an enterprising lawyer were willing to make some cash representing someone to challenge the laws on the books, it ought to be money in the bank, since legislation allows the recoup of the costs to challenge and overturn such "laws".

I asked the Stafford Sheriff's office if anyone had been convicted of carrying firearms based on Stafford's law on the books in the last 5 years, and it came back reporting nil.

Last edited:

TFred

My Supervisor contacted whatever attorney is at their beck and call, and was advised that such laws are appropriate and legal.
My Supervisor not being an expert on law or arms, I suppose I can't blame him for believing the errant "expert".
But I'd suspect that if an enterprising lawyer were willing to make some cash representing someone to challenge the laws on the books, it ought to be money in the bank, since legislation allows the recoup of the costs to challenge and overturn such "laws".

I asked the Stafford Sheriff's office if anyone had been convicted of carrying firearms based on Stafford's law on the books in the last 5 years, and it came back reporting nil.
Probably the County Attorney, who is worthless. I sent him several e-mails, including copies of the new law, and even copies of Fredericksburg City's action to correct their ordinances, and never heard so much as a peep in return. They know they are wrong, and if they don't admit it, they are lying.

This is the exact sort of stuff that Stimpson needs to be able to deal with if she wants a promotion in her political career.

TFred