• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Islam Protests Down By My House

Beretta92FSLady

There are a couple of hundred protesters who are Islam, and protesting down here. I shot some photos, and there is video that will be up soon:

ProtestersIslamSmall.jpg

ProtestersIslam2Small.jpg

ObamaStopEthiopiaDictatorSmall.jpg

EnoughPovertyInEthiopiaSmall.jpg

And some video...might be a little shaky, sorry!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjp3e8UZXk

Last edited:

John Canuck

I see they spared no expense on signs.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, is there a problem with them protesting whatever they were protesting?

Beretta92FSLady

I see they spared no expense on signs.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, is there a problem with them protesting whatever they were protesting?

Yes, there is a problem. You see, there had been May Day Protests a couple of weeks ago in downtown Seattle, and the Anarchists were breaking windows, and just going to town (pun intended) on Banks, and Federal buildings.

I am just pointing out how they must have forgot the memo that when you March you are supposed to destroy other peoples Property.

Beretta92FSLady

FYI, Islam is the name of the religion. The people that practice it are called Muslims

You know, I struggled with whether to use the term Islam or Muslim. I concluded on Islam because although it was a March made-up of Muslims, the derivative of the Act of the Muslim is Islam in this instance. Interestingly, with Muslims, as with most Christians that I know, their Acts are said to be a derivative of their Ideology (Religious Faith).

To clarify my choice of words:

"Uses of Islam and Muslim

• Islam is generally used in conversation to denote the religion or community of believes as a whole. For instance: ‘The Islamic community in town will be celebrating Eid next week.’ It is also used when talking about the religion as a noun unto itself. For instance: ‘Islam is based on the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed that have been written down in the Quran.’
  • Muslim is generally used in conversation to qualify or distinguish a person. For instance, ‘Remember the Muslim man who works at the bank?’ It can also be used as a simple description of one’s religious beliefs. For instance: ‘He is Christian but she is Muslim.’ Because Muslims are a minority community in many countries and most of the West, describing someone as Muslim may also reflect on their lifestyle and choice of dress in addition to their religious beliefs.
Misuses of Islam and Muslim

• Islam : grammatically speaking, Islam should only refer to the religion or acts done in the name of that religion, never a person who practices that religion. Islamic community and Islamic art are correct, Islamic man is not.
  • Muslim should be used to describe all people of the Islamic faith but not the faith itself. You may say that you are interested in the religion of Muslims, but never in the Muslim religion.

DangerClose

I never mind seeing a sign protesting Obama.

For those wondering:
http://www.awoliya.com/3/post/2012/...ing-calls-on-all-ethiopian-to-join-hands.html
“The Network of Ethiopian Muslims in Europe condemns this atrocity against peaceful citizens. We recognize the measure taken on April 27, 2012 against peaceful citizens of Asasa town as one of the several massacres committed by the regime and a crime against humanity.” the Network of Ethiopians (NEME), says in its exceptionally strongly-worded statement an indication of the mounting anger.

According to these sources,
the 67 years old cleric in question is an outspoken rejecter of the “Ahbashization campaign”, a name that Muslims given to a country wide indoctrination program with religious ideology based in Lebanon. Muslims accuse the government of pioneering the “Ahbashization campaign” based on foreigners invited from Lebanon, in violation of the constitution.

Many, including Muslims warn that the Asasa killing is a plot to divert the over three month Ethiopian Muslims peaceful protest, and suppress it under “the pretext of terrorism”. Muslims organizations, including Badr and First Hijrah foundation, have however urged the Muslims to maintain their peaceful course in pursue of their constitutional right.

John Canuck

Yes, there is a problem. You see, there had been May Day Protests a couple of weeks ago in downtown Seattle, and the Anarchists were breaking windows, and just going to town (pun intended) on Banks, and Federal buildings.

I am just pointing out how they must have forgot the memo that when you March you are supposed to destroy other peoples Property.

So your problem is that they were too peaceful, unlike the may day folks. Got it. Did you point out the problem to the Islam folks? Sure they would have been happy to hear your concerns.

SovereignAxe

I see what you mean about the thread title; you're right, you could have used either word. But I'm talking about this:

There are a couple of hundred protesters who are Islam, and protesting down here. I shot some photos, and there is video that will be up soon:

I could be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure you had it right in your explanation: The protesters are Muslim.

This is the important part of your reference:

•Muslim should be used to describe all people of the Islamic faith but not the faith itself. You may say that you are interested in the religion of Muslims, but never in the Muslim religion.

Beretta92FSLady

I see what you mean about the thread title; you're right, you could have used either word. But I'm talking about this:

I could be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure you had it right in your explanation: The protesters are Muslim.

This is the important part of your reference:

I don't think you are talking out of your ass. if you were, I am curious how you manage to hit all the right keys when typing...isn't it dark in there?

I probably just used Islam throughout since the thread had begun Islam, and the subject I meant to address is Islam, and not necessarily the protesters.

I did mention that the protesters were protesting all wrong (just being sarcastic).

Beretta92FSLady

Those folks are not Ethiopian....they look too well fed.

I'm sure their message has been heard far and wide.

Apparently they were protesting for Ethiopia, against the U.S. policy with Ethiopian leaders. Some were Somali, and some were Ethiopian. My neighbor, and his children are Ethiopian, and none of them are skinny, as if they have been starving to death. Him, and me have talked occasionally, and he did say that it is very poor there. He was the only one able to come to the States, then bring his children. His wife has some parasitic brain illness, and has been denied. The unfortunate thing is the illness that she has can be cleared up in the States with just a bit of medication, while in Ethiopia it kills thousands of people.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Snip...

His wife has some parasitic brain illness, and has been denied. The unfortunate thing is the illness that she has can be cleared up in the States with just a bit of medication, while in Ethiopia it kills thousands of people.

Liberalism can be cured with medication?

Africa is a waste of resources. After decades and upteen trillions in charity and foreign aid these people continue to die of starvation and insipid ethnic and religious conflicts.

As little respect as I have for them, at least they can march down a street in protest without turning over cars and setting fires. That should be an indication of just how far beneath my contempt the "occuturd" leftists are.

jdholmes

Liberalism can be cured with medication?

Africa is a waste of resources. After decades and upteen trillions in charity and foreign aid these people continue to die of starvation and insipid ethnic and religious conflicts.

As little respect as I have for them, at least they can march down a street in protest without turning over cars and setting fires. That should be an indication of just how far beneath my contempt the "occuturd" leftists are.

I can agree with that. There are enough problems at home to deal with...

Want to help the economy? Stop sending money to other countries until we get ourselves on track.

I am not mean or a person that lacks compassion - I just believe in taking care of home first before we start reaching out as a savior to the rest of the world and their problems.

jbone

I take it there are no U.S. Citizens in the bunch? At least I don't any American Flags! And the flags they wave, they don't appear to be Ethiopian, the colors are wrong. So...?

DangerClose

People can read articles with theories and evidence on why giving money to countries like various ones in Africa hurt them more than help them.

DangerClose

He was the only one able to come to the States, then bring his children. His wife has some parasitic brain illness, and has been denied. The unfortunate thing is the illness that she has can be cleared up in the States with just a bit of medication, while in Ethiopia it kills thousands of people.

Can't she buy the medication online or he send it to her?