• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safe gun storage - FAIL

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think I recognize that car's setup from one of the gun forums. I assume that if he has a CHP he would be allowed to throw a towel over it if he wants to keep it attached to the console right? With a permit is it legal to conceal it anywhere in the car, or does it have to be on the person or in the glove box concealed?

It's legal to conceal it anywhere in the car while you're getting in, out or not in it or in any container in the car with a lid while in the car.....WITHOUT A PERMIT.

So he could throw a towel over it and get out.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, I always complied with the important laws. Of course they didn't have stupid ones like Seat Belt or Helmet laws that needed ignoring back then.

+1 .. its my god given right to smash my head on the pavement or windshield ! I don't need no guberment telling me what to do ...

really

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's legal to conceal it anywhere in the car while you're getting in, out or not in it or in any container in the car with a lid while in the car.....WITHOUT A PERMIT.

So he could throw a towel over it and get out.

+1 .. its my god given right to smash my head on the pavement or windshield ! I don't need no guberment telling me what to do ...

really

Yep laws are passed to keep individuals in society safe, even the 1/10 of 1% that otherwise might harm themselves or someone else...........oh wait, that is the same reason they give for wanting to disarm us :(