• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County Library letter

The Big Guy

Sent another letter today with the washoe county reply about parks. Also asked that if the lady I have been in contact with is not able to give a ruling then I wanted to know who would.

I'm not sure anyone at the library will be able to authoritatively respond as they are under Clark County. As such I'm sure they will contact the DA's office who will tell them they can ban firearms. I have been working at getting Clark County in line but have not been too successful as yet. They have a response from the AG that says they are still grandfathered even after the modification of NRS 244.364 as amended in 2007. Ask the library for the authority. If there is no county law enacted on or before June 13th of 1989 then they are shot down even by their own arguments. I'm betting there is none.

TBG

Vegassteve

UPDATE I got a letter in the mail today.

I cant find NRS 370.040 maybe you folks can.

Attachments

• IMG_20110602_154129.jpg
    IMG_20110602_154129.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 190

Vegassteve

Well I think she meant this law. 379.040

NRS 379.040 Library to be free and accessible to public; regulations of trustees. The library and reading room of any consolidated, county, district or town library must forever be and remain free and accessible to the public, subject to such reasonable regulations as the trustees of the library may adopt.

[4:187:1925; NCL § 5598]—(NRS A 1967, 1061; 1985, 10)

Vegassteve

My next response. Please proof and add to it.

I received your hard copy letter today. I would like to point out first that NRS 370.040 does not exist. I think you were referring to NRS 379.040. Again your rule as stated in your regulations only relates to Conceal Carry. Nevada is a de-facto Open Carry state. You would have no authority to trespass a law abiding citizen for open carry. The law is very clear on the matter regulating carry in Nevada. Again as I have stated before the city of Henderson along with the state DMV recognize this fact. I am happy to provide you the rulings from them along with contact information.

The Big Guy

I'm betting she passed this off to the DA's office and this is what they dug up for her in a pinch. Her letter tells me that she knows there is no actual law, but believes they have the right to declare policy on anything "they" think is reasonable. Hence it boils down to simple trespass. The US Constitution as backed up by the Supreme Court, the NV Constitution and NRS all agree that you have the right to bear arms for your protection. The Library is public property and therefore is it reasonably legal to bar you from the exercising of your natural rights there? These are the same folks who have fought under the banner of freedom speech that children be allowed access to smut on Library computers. This is a fine example of law by the unelected under color of authority.

TBG

AnakinsKid

That NRS (if it is the right one) mentions "reasonable regulations". I don't think any regulation that is in direct violation of state law can be considered "reasonable".

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I am thinking that going in and getting trespassed may be what I have to do. Although the letter and threat of trespass seems to be enough for grounds of a court case.