• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

any ideas we can kick off a lenoir area or hickory oc meet and greet

Shimmer

I'm in Hickory. We can do something as simple as getting together at a restaurant. Cook out at someones place, or just meet up and see what comes up. Really depends on what you're looking for.

Greg Parsons

get together

thought it would be cool to have an open carry dinner just to meet up and share stories and gun talk or anything els at a restaurant that can open carry in

Shimmer

I'm in Hickory I'd try and make it..Tough work schedule but if I am off work..I'm in

Well, lets go with this, if I could put forth the suggestion. I think Ricky, if I recall correctly, has a good bit of experience with this, and apologies if I've misremembered. Since you're busy, why don't we start off with a few times you're free, and a few suggestions for where we could meet up that allow Open Carry?

Also, and this is only semi-related, and a thought I had. Some day, down the road, it would be pretty amazing to find a place and time to get a cookout + range day, with others from the OC and NC gun community. Have some burgers, sit around and talk, and then fire off a few things that we've brought, at some location out in the country, set up for the purpose. I don't know that it will ever be do-able, with the logistics, location, and planning required, but if it ever is, sounds like my idea of a good time. Maybe that's just me though.

Greg Parsons

check on places

i will be checking around places in area to see if we can do this any of yall can too sounds good to me

chiefjason

i will be checking around places in area to see if we can do this any of yall can too sounds good to me

If you are asking if it's ok for us to do this, check with Mama's Pizza by Home Depot in Hickory. I've OC'd in there several times with no issues. They are big 2A folks, great pizza, and have a deal with Springs Rd Gun Club for members. Not the cheapest pizza on the block, but probably the best in Hickory. I'm in if I have time, depends on the day really. I've also OC'd at Post Office BBQ on 1st Ave in Hickory, but they have since changed Mgt and I have not been in since. Matter of fact they started looking at me funny when I came in CC'ing, I guess they were trying to figure out where the pistol was.

Shimmer

If you are asking if it's ok for us to do this, check with Mama's Pizza by Home Depot in Hickory. I've OC'd in there several times with no issues. They are big 2A folks, great pizza, and have a deal with Springs Rd Gun Club for members. Not the cheapest pizza on the block, but probably the best in Hickory. I'm in if I have time, depends on the day really. I've also OC'd at Post Office BBQ on 1st Ave in Hickory, but they have since changed Mgt and I have not been in since. Matter of fact they started looking at me funny when I came in CC'ing, I guess they were trying to figure out where the pistol was.

If its good pizza, and they support our second amendment rights, well. I'm all for supporting them right back. I've also not been, and I enjoy trying new places. That gets a vote from me.

carrierdealer

I have not tried this resturant either.
Sounds good to me.
I had assumed if they sold pizza that they serv beer and I couldn't carry in there.
Guess I was wrong.

papa bear

i would love to attend a meet and greet down that way, and since you now have carry in parks, you should plan a cook out in one. but until the weather warms up, lets go to a restaurant.

chiefjason

i would love to attend a meet and greet down that way, and since you now have carry in parks, you should plan a cook out in one. but until the weather warms up, lets go to a restaurant.

Hickory parks still don't allow OC. Unfortunately, they put that little disclaimer in. I really need to hit up one of the pro 2A members about whether it's Constitutional now that guns are allowed.

As for beer, there is none on their menu.

http://www.mammaspizzanc.com/menu_page.html

Shimmer

Hickory parks still don't allow OC. Unfortunately, they put that little disclaimer in. I really need to hit up one of the pro 2A members about whether it's Constitutional now that guns are allowed.

As for beer, there is none on their menu.

http://www.mammaspizzanc.com/menu_page.html

Now all that's left to do is a date and time. This coming weekend, on the 4th, the forum as a whole here has a meet down in the Charlotte area, that I plan to attend. I'd recommend those of you interested in a meet here or near Hickory come out as well, it should be a good sized group.

So, for me, at least, the next weekend works best, or the last weekend in February. I'm going to be out of town, in the mountains, on the weekend of the 17th, and I can't and don't want to get out of that. Cabin trip + cookout + good friends. Can't pass that up.

So, what do you folks think about sometime on the weekend of the 12th? Saturday night, perhaps?

Greg Parsons

we can try

that mamas pizza sounds like it may be good place to try i was member at springs rd gun club just need to renew we can try to shoot forv the 12th if possible my schedule is hard to be when im in for driving a truck but mostly in on weekends more now

chiefjason

Another truck driver huh? I've got a set schedule. Just local stuff anyway and then only a few days a week. Sat. is good for me. I put my wife on notice already. If we firm this up, and you guys don't mind some CC folks, we could put this on a couple other NC boards and see what happens. Just a thought.

muccione

I will be off from work... So I might go. I fly by wire so just have to see what is going on at the designated time.

papa bear

right now i am clear for the 12th. y'all do realize that is on a Sunday. but i probably can make it on the 11th too, if i need to.

Shimmer

right now i am clear for the 12th. y'all do realize that is on a Sunday. but i probably can make it on the 11th too, if i need to.

In answer to your question, no, I didn't realize it was a Sunday, although I probably should have. I think I was thinking "weekend of the 12th" and somehow carried it over to the 12th. Saturday works best for me, what about you folks?