• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another a**hole making it easier for the antis.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yet it was good LAC that took the BG down and held him.

I thought it was Wal-Mart policy for their employees to not "get involved."

It is a shame that there are people around that have no respect for human life - the perp is an aberration, hardly typical of LAC gun owners.

sawah

This seems like poor SA on the part of the officer. Why not get backup? Why walk right into the (alleged) perp's field of fire? Sometimes I think it's the officer's own hubris that gets them killed in situations like this, though I have no idea of the particulars. In fact, I doubt we'll ever get the details.

Sorry this happened to a family man. Wish he'd have been more careful.

Sorcice

From the article he went to wrangle a drunk guy in a Walmart. There was no mention of him being armed or the LEO would probably have waited for backup or at the least been more ready.

HolyOrangeJuice

Those employees are probably like the rest of us. If our lives our in danger come hell or high water we will try to stop the threat regardless of where we are. Glad someone did something. I can never understand how an armed gunman kills lots of people...when if those cowards got off the ground and did something at least if they got shot they died on their feet not hiding behind a table or something. Good job to the walmart employees.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
From the article he went to wrangle a drunk guy in a Walmart. There was no mention of him being armed or the LEO would probably have waited for backup or at the least been more ready.
When I was a race car mechanic, if I let my guard down for a minute I might get burned on a red hot header, but I got to go home that night. A cop can't afford to ever let down; I thought that was Rule #1. Very sorry for this needless tragedy, but it has nothing to do with lawful carry. :cry:

HolyOrangeJuice

You are right. The call probably came over the radio saying their is a drunk and disorderly in walmart and they need someone to take care of it. This officer responded and went to deal with it and the following ensued.

Law abider

The KEY is that this bum better not be a CCL/ any other permit holder!! Also we need to remember that booze and cars have killed more in a week. We all take risks in life everyday and don't think about it.
I feel for the leo's family! That was a waste of life.:cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The KEY is that this bum better not be a CCL/ any other permit holder!! Also we need to remember that booze and cars have killed more in a week. We all take risks in life everyday and don't think about it.
I feel for the leo's family! That was a waste of life.:cry:

Either way the antis will spin it: No permit and they'll say untrained therefore dangerous; w/permit then nobody but LEOs should have guns. They'll dance in the blood.

Real point is the officer was bushwacked - taken by surprise w/o time to react. It is the actions of the drunk that are deplorable, not the instument/tool. If he had run the officer down with a vehicle, there would be no cry to outlaw/control guns.

sawah

Either way the antis will spin it: No permit and they'll say untrained therefore dangerous; w/permit then nobody but LEOs should have guns. They'll dance in the blood.

Real point is the officer was bushwacked - taken by surprise w/o time to react. It is the actions of the drunk that are deplorable, not the instument/tool. If he had run the officer down with a vehicle, there would be no cry to outlaw/control guns.

I disagree. There was no bushwacking, there was no assassin hiding in the brush, no ambush. The officer walked into danger carelessly, and underestimated the foe right in front of him.

rcav8r

The walmart employees will probably told by the manager "Off the record, I think you did a great thing. On the record, corporate says you're fired for getting involved".

davidmcbeth

Banned
I disagree. There was no bushwacking, there was no assassin hiding in the brush, no ambush. The officer walked into danger carelessly, and underestimated the foe right in front of him.

well, he's a police officer ! They can do whatever they want.