• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Kahr Arms CW45 Users ?

scott58dh

I took a look at a CW45 today, just wondering if anyone can give some personal info/experience 'bout em'.

Thought I wanted a Sig P250 but salesclerk said local LEO's had some misfortune with their recent investment in the Sig.

Actually kinda favoring the XD 45 now but quite a major difference in price range.

Whaddya' think ?!?! Probably like anything else, ya' get what ya' pay for,,,, right???

peace&rkba4ever!:cool:

j4l

I took a look at a CW45 today, just wondering if anyone can give some personal info/experience 'bout em'.

Thought I wanted a Sig P250 but salesclerk said local LEO's had some misfortune with their recent investment in the Sig.

Actually kinda favoring the XD 45 now but quite a major difference in price range.

Whaddya' think ?!?! Probably like anything else, ya' get what ya' pay for,,,, right???

peace&rkba4ever!:cool:

Havent tried one, so no exp. with them.
But, looking over the specs- for only being a "compact" 6-round pistol, it's not much smaller than my 12-round 845... maybe 1" shorter, overall...?

YellowstoneGlock

I have had one for almost 2 years now with excellent results! Its a phenomenal shooter and very comfortable in carry. As far as the Sig 250 goes (and any of the sig polymer pistols for that matter) they definitely did have some issues, Sig makes a great gun but I would stay away from any of the value models. The Kahr has my vote!

twpetry

Are you wanting one for OC or CC? I have a CW9 that I CC, but I wouldn't OC that. I personally would want something larger and greater capacity for OC.

scott58dh

Are you wanting one for OC or CC? I have a CW9 that I CC, but I wouldn't OC that. I personally would want something larger and greater capacity for OC.

Actually, I'm looking for something which is good for OC &/or CC.

I want the firepower of the .45 with SA/DA capability, 3 1/2" - 4" barrel, 10/12 rnd mag.

It doesn't matter if it's a Polymer or SS frame, just as long as it's been a proven firearm in the market, not something new/cheap or over the top $$$, eg.,
( Highpoint=.02 worth - Kimber= BIG $ for... ? ) whatever goes BANG !!! when I pull trigger, just to discharge the same caliber as a Kahr Arms.

Any reasonable ideas between $400 - $550 ??

twpetry

cw45 is DAO, and 6 rounds?

Sounds to me like the XD45 compact is what you would want. CC with the standard mag, and OC with the extended. Yes its more expensive, but youre basically getting two guns for the price of one. That is, if you can feel comfortable CC'ing the XD, it is a good bit wider than the CW.

IMHO, the XDM 3.8 compact is about as close as a manufacturer has come to making the "perfect", "double duty" gun.