• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL man accused of having guns on Capitol grounds

protias

This was in Washington, D.C. No guns allowed anywhere. Technically you can register guns to have at your home, but not really.

Derp, I read too quickly and missed this part, "U.S. Capitol Police..." But still, how do you register a firearm for a place you are not a resident of? This article has so many things missing, like why the police confronted him and why they searched his car...

77zach

Derp, I read too quickly and missed this part, "U.S. Capitol Police..." But still, how do you register a firearm for a place you are not a resident of? This article has so many things missing, like why the police confronted him and why they searched his car...

Floridians seem to believe every place respects unlicensed car/glovebox carry. The logic goes, "I can do it at home so I can do it here". Quaint, but not in Amerika. My dad took his gun up to NYC once. I was horrified when I found out when he returned.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Floridians seem to believe every place respects unlicensed car/glovebox carry. The logic goes, "I can do it at home so I can do it here". Quaint, but not in Amerika. My dad took his gun up to NYC once. I was horrified when I found out when he returned.

Well, those Floridians would be correct in atleast one small way ... You dont need a license to carry in your glovebox [or other factory installed compartment, and Openly viewed] in Kentucky... So, they may be wrong with the other forty-something states and the Capital, but they would be correct with one place :3

The more you know.

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, why did this guy--
first, talk with the police and
second, agree to a search of his car?

If you can't use your US Constitutional Rights YOU DON'T HAVE THEM! I have heard a variant of this statement someplace... I just wish I remembered which Open Carry National Online Forum I was on when I read it! :lol: