• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Many Wisconsin Citizens have non-resident Concealed Firearms Permits?

jpm84092

I have recently moved from rural Walworth County to Utah, but I had a non-resident Utah permit when I lived in Wisconsin. I am curious to know how many Wisconsin Citizens (or former Wisconsin Citizens) have obtained a non-resident CFP from another State and what State(s) you got it from.

The reason I am asking is that while I still lived in LaGrange Township (10 miles SE of Whitewater), I had occasion to speak with my Wisconsin State Senator, Neil Kedzie. Neil is pro-2A, but I asked him a question that left him visibly shaken. I presented my non-resident Utah permit and asked him why I was denied a Civil Right here in Wisconsin that was respected in nearly three fifths of the United States? (Utah permits are recognized by 33 States, but Colorado, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Florida only recognize a Utah permit if the permit holder is also a resident of Utah.)

My belief is that open carry will gain even more traction, and Wisconsin Citizens will have a better chance of defeating "feel good" foolish laws like the 1000 foot Gun Free Zone if they have non-resident CFP permits and ask their legislators why they are denied a Right in Wisconsin that they are free to exercise in so many other States. The key to better acceptance of open carry is to get concealed carry enacted. Sure, I know it is our Civil Right to openly carry a firearm, but the sheeple need to be introduced to this reality slowly and like real sheep, change must be made slowly so as not to spook them. They must come to intuitively embrace the phrases we so commonly repeat to each other, such as, "When seconds count, the Police are minutes away." Otherwise they get frightened and rally behind the anti-gun liberal pukes. The sheeple are not frightened by what they cannot see.

Like it or not, we have found ourselves in a Public Relations Battle. The enemy is well financed and is telling the sheeple that if guns are banned, they will never have to fear again. They must be told the truth. Columbine happened in a concealed carry State that banned guns from all schools. Virginia Tech happened in a State that allows Concealed Carry, but bans guns in Schools. Utah allows concealed carry by adult teachers in all schools and concealed carry in any school by an adult CCW permit holder. The result was not wholesale carnage, but incidence of misbehavior by gang members in middle and high schools dropped dramatically. Crime on the campuses of the Utah public University schools and technical schools dropped dramatically as well.

So, who has non-resident CFP permits?

I do!

Utah CFP, Pennsylvania CFP, Nevada CFP, Florida CFP.

jpm84092

PA Permits

Dear Fellow Wisconsin Citizens who Hold CCW from other States. Centre County Sheriff, State of Pennsylvania will issue a PA permit for $26 with proof of a permit in another State.

M

McX

actually jpm, no proof of a concealed permit for another state is required for the penn. non-res. it is issued to us in wisconsin by default, as our state offers no cc permit.

jpm84092

actually jpm, no proof of a concealed permit for another state is required for the penn. non-res. it is issued to us in wisconsin by default, as our state offers no cc permit.

Actually McX, I did not get that from visiting the Pennsylvania Centre County Website, but I am glad that you did. Way to go. Although PA is about to change their law, that makes it the easiest State to get a non-resident CCW. Make sure to ask your Wisconsin legislator(s) the question: "Why am I denied a Civil Right in Wisconsin that I am allowed in (insert list of States that honor your permits).

Jim

CFP - Utah, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Florida

Spartacus

Banned
I have a MN permit for traveling but I don't see what good it would do as leverage when discoursing with legislators. In most cases what one state allows is disallowed in another. Regardless of what I "feel" as an abrogation of my 2A rights, Wisconsin will do as it pleases until SCOTUS rulings like Hamilton and McDonald begin to be felt at the legislative level.

Our next elections should be very telling as to which way the wind is going to blow for our cause.

But thanks for the interest Jim...

Last edited:

logan

Campaign Veteran
MN, FL, PA, and NH permits. MN and FL were first, then PA and NH cause they were cheap. I got the NH permit for like $24 before it went up to $100.

Cobra469

I am working on my FL permit. Just need to find time to go do the blasted fingerprints. Utah permit is next on my list and then I will sit down and figure out what isn't covered by the two.

M

McX

concealed carry dot org i think has a nifty trip planner, for gun laws, and links to each state's permit page, plus it shows what states their permit is good in.

logan

Campaign Veteran
good link, funny how wis and ill are BLACK- no rights.

Ya, "Right Denied"

Although I noticed on the page, it says it's a source for open and concealed carry, so they should update that for WI.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I live in Sugar Creek and Kedzie is my Senator as well. He is well aware of what I want. I write him once a month or so to make sure he understands that Constitutional Carry is what I want.

I have considered getting a UT permit, however, I spend 99% of my time in WI so I am waiting until either I need to travel out of state more or November before I make my decision.