• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm new

seouljachan

Hi Guys,

I've been reading these forums on my downtime at work and finally decided to join. I'd like to introduce myself, my names Chan and I feel like I'm fairly young compared to most on here. I've been concealed carrying (walther pps .40) for the past 3yrs and recently discovered that WA is in fact an open carry state. Im currently overseas but when I return stateside I might have to try OC if i can find a decent holster. If i have any questions or find myself in any situations because of my OC I hope you guys can provide me guidance.

Thanks,

-Chan

Tanner

Hi Guys,

I've been reading these forums on my downtime at work and finally decided to join. I'd like to introduce myself, my names Chan and I feel like I'm fairly young compared to most on here. I've been concealed carrying (walther pps .40) for the past 3yrs and recently discovered that WA is in fact an open carry state. Im currently overseas but when I return stateside I might have to try OC if i can find a decent holster. If i have any questions or find myself in any situations because of my OC I hope you guys can provide me guidance.
Thanks,

-Chan

Might want to be more proactive than that. I dont know how OC works in WI but its always a good idea to think of solutions to situations before they happen so that your not cought off guard and start rambeling "UMs" and "I dont knows"

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Might want to be more proactive than that. I dont know how OC works in WI but its always a good idea to think of solutions to situations before they happen so that your not cought off guard and start rambeling "UMs" and "I dont knows"
WA, not WI.

jolly__roger

WA, not WI.

It's an easy typo to make, they're only about 6-7 inches apart... =)

@OP
I'm fairly new here as well and I have yet to attend any meetups but I do look forward to it. Not sure how soon I'll be able to though, have a very busy schedule for a while.

seouljachan

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be home sometime between oct - nov for a couple weeks and i'll have to attend a meet if there is one going on.

Welcome to OCDO! Be sure to connect with us at the Federal Way coffee when you get back.

Which FW coffee place is that?

Welcome, I carry a PPS 9mm myself. There are a lot more holster options now than a few years ago.

Do you have any personal recommendations on holsters?

hermannr

Hej Chan, Welcome I started to OC in 1970 when I came back from Nam, good time to start. And, my record still stands..never been hasseled about my OC yet. Had a very nice friendly discussion with a Skagit Co Deputy Saturday. As to my carry, all I got from him was a compliment. (see Eastern Wa thread)

pfries

Welcome, read and understand the laws according to your state, if you don't break the laws they cannot make
a charge stick. I have not had many negative encounters,I have had many positive encounters.
Stay safe
Pat

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be home sometime between oct - nov for a couple weeks and i'll have to attend a meet if there is one going on.

Which FW coffee place is that?

Do you have any personal recommendations on holsters?

The second Saturday of every month we have coffee at the Starbucks just off Hwy 18 and I-5.