• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

katsung47

Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

.By Chris Moody, Yahoo! News 9/19/2012

In the twilight of President Barack Obama's first term, many polls, including a new Quinnipiac University tri-state survey of likely voters, show that most Americans say they are not better off than they were four years ago. But in those same polls, the president retains his edge over challenger Mitt Romney.

That's not normal, says Quinnipiac University pollster Peter A. Brown.

"Most times if voters think things haven't gone well, they say, 'Let's think of somebody else.' But at this point they're not saying that," Brown said. "Clearly they think [Obama] is more in tune with their lives."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...ars-obama-why-romney-154912983--election.html

Why? Because the US is controlled by the Feds. They control the media and election machine. They select the politicians to control the government. That's why even Clinton did a good job in his last term, Bush won the election. What the Feds needed was not a good economy, they need war and the Patriot Act. Several month after his election, 911 happened which satisfied what the Feds needed.

This time, Obama will give the Feds something Romney can't give. So you saw Romney is under the fire of media despite the life of Americans is worse off after four years reign of Obama.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
"Most times if voters think things haven't gone well, they say, 'Let's think of somebody else.' But at this point they're not saying that," Brown said. "Clearly they think [Obama] is more in tune with their lives."

Or because our only presented alternative is, well, Romney.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Heh heh. As long as we're focusing on which color shackles we wear and not getting them off, that's the important thing.

ldsgeek

Or the problem may be the way the polls are set up. If they over-sample democrats, expecting a larger turnout than is going to happen, while under-sampling conservatives and independents, they get O leading when in reality R should be ahead. Several polling companies are doing just this, and the numbers are reported as gospel.

Beretta92FSLady

[sniggers]

Why? Because the US is controlled by the Feds. They control the media and election machine. They select the politicians to control the government. That's why even Clinton did a good job in his last term, Bush won the election. What the Feds needed was not a good economy, they need war and the Patriot Act. Several month after his election, 911 happened which satisfied what the Feds needed.

This time, Obama will give the Feds something Romney can't give. So you saw Romney is under the fire of media despite the life of Americans is worse off after four years reign of Obama.

I suppose if Romney wins, then the media doesn't have a strong-hold on itself.

The life of Americans is worse because we had a second Great Depression. It takes a while to fix a Republican mess.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I suppose if Romney wins, then the media doesn't have a strong-hold on itself.

The life of Americans is worse because we had a second Great Depression. It takes a while to fix a Republican mess.

You mean a democratic mess caused by liar loans that clinton actually forced upon the banks .. history .. its there to understand but some don't want to

Beretta92FSLady

You mean a democratic mess caused by liar loans that clinton actually forced upon the banks .. history .. its there to understand but some don't want to

Since we aren't concerning ourselves with facts in any of this, yes.

Read my signature, I want Romney to win.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

You've caught on, there is a list you'll have you name on really soon.

Besides I think I will vote for a lessor of 3 evils, Satan.

Deciding who to vote for is like asking which STD you want to get.

Are you sure he would be the lessor? :)

SovereignAxe

Why is he struggling? It's because he's so out of touch with the American people. He's so painfully obviously an elitist. He's the 1%. And he doesn't do a good job of hiding it, or even attempting to act like he's not. This, IMO, is where Bush excelled. A rich, Harvard and Yale grad from Connecticut, but somehow convinced everyone in the working class that he's one of them. How is it that he's the only one in his family with a Texas accent?

Or maybe it's that the basis for his Governor campaign is nothing like the basis for his Presidency campaign. He's a flip flopper. Nobody's saying it, but nobody knows where he ACTUALLY stands on anything. It all depends on who's in the audience.

At least with Obama you pretty much know what you're getting. If you're like me, and still don't like him, then don't vote for him. But if you're going with Romney because he's "Not Obama," I hope you get what you pay for. Too bad you won't know what that is until he's already in office.

OC for ME

because if I don't vote for Obama I am a racist and I don't want to be a racist so I have to vote for him because he's black.
Even if you vote for Obama you are still a racist because you had to think about it.
If your decision to vote for Obama came naturally regardless of his policies and actions just as it does with a loony-lib-sock-puppet.jpegthen you would not be a racist.

beebobby

Romney is doing better than he was 4 years ago. I am too, but for a different reason.