• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC preemtion hearing is "OFFICIAL"

mspgunner

After 3 years of work - SB268 (Preemption for open carry) is now officially on the Missouri Senate General Laws Committee hearing date of March 26th, 3:00 PM Senate hearing room #1.

Go if you can, if it changes, don't blame me!

WCEarp

I wish I could make it, but Uncle Sam has plans for me that day. Hopefully there's a good turn out. Enough to convince the committee to move the bill along to the floor.

WCEarp

If it makes it out committee quickly, I will be ready for the next phone, letter, email, and fax blitz to the Senate President to get it on the perfection calender.

mspgunner

time and date are plastered on the fridge. i see no problem making this one.

i am in Ste Gen county and can take 1 rider if need be.

Be sure to say hello! I will definately be there! I'll try to remember to wear my button "Guns save lives".
Button or not, I think you'll know who I am when I speak.

Broondog

Be sure to say hello! I will definately be there! I'll try to remember to wear my button "Guns save lives".
Button or not, I think you'll know who I am when I speak.

and i saw your picture on your blog.

as long as you don't cut your hair, grow a beard and wear sunglasses i think i'll recognize you. :)

mspgunner

and i saw your picture on your blog.

as long as you don't cut your hair, grow a beard and wear sunglasses i think i'll recognize you. :)

I go to the capitol very early, like 0800 when I go. It gives me a chance to speak with many legislators before the sessions start. If I'm going to J.C. may as well make a full day of it. There is a nice OC friendly place to eat, "Ria's" that works out well too!

I have a round red "Guns save lives" button, chance are if you see a person wearing it in the capitol, it's me. Remember mear mortals such as our selves cannot carry in the Capitol, the leguislators made that an exclusive for them and their paid staff.

mspgunner

Planning

A small group is meeting tonight in the STL area to plan for the Senate preemption hearing March 26. You are encouraged to go to that hearing at the capitol @3:00PM in Senate hearing room #1.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I will be there, ride offers from the metro area still stand.

Look forward to meeting you broondog.

mspgunner

Sb 268

There are three of us who will be the first three speakers on SB 268. If you have any specific questions, please PM me.
If the others who will be speaking first wish to be identified they may choose to say that here or not.
General questions? Fire away......

I can tell you time is limited for the hearing, three bills in 2 hours. Time will be apportioned by the chair.

Boba Fett

This is so awesome. Today I discovered that my city has changed it's laws and made open carry a violation of city code, whereas before it was allowed with a CCW. They also added in the bit about brief open display being legal. I was about to contact my city, but I think I'll just wait a few days to see if this goes through. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help get this passed!

mspgunner

This is so awesome. Today I discovered that my city has changed it's laws and made open carry a violation of city code, whereas before it was allowed with a CCW. They also added in the bit about brief open display being legal. I was about to contact my city, but I think I'll just wait a few days to see if this goes through. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help get this passed!

The OC Bill last year was amendmended on the floor of the House to the "flash amandment". Basically with a CCW if you have a brief exposure in a non-threratening manner it is NOt a crime. Some one else can look it up and quote it if they like. It was NOT what was sought and I sure will not go into the details of what happened. Fences have been mended with the people (Other choice words would be better but perhaps not appropriate to the forum) involved and we are moving on............ Not saying what I really think is not easy, believe me!

mspgunner

Nobody spoke against it, but they did not pass it today . I don't think it will take long to pass it out of this committee though . Was a good hearing. :)

They will vote Thursday or next Tuesday, I'll post the results....
I can not put the pics I took on here, photobucket is not cooperating. Soem one will do it..