• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand....open carry opportunity on Mother's Day

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
If you're in the area....http://www.mi-reporter.com/community/206448451.html

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense’ to hold events on Sunday

By REPORTER STAFF
Mercer Island Reporter Staff
MAY 7, 2013 · UPDATED 10:33 AM

A group of Mercer Island women who are part of the national group “Mom’s Demand Action for Gun Sense in America,” will take part in two events on Mother’s Day to urge action on expanded gun control efforts. The group will be at the corner of S.E. 40th and Island Crest Way around noon on Sunday.
The group will also join a larger rally in Seattle at the Cal Anderson Park in the afternoon. The Island group is also a member of the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR) and will assist in signature gathering for the upcoming Washington state background check initiative.
For information or to join, go to: www.momsdemandaction.org.
Contact Mercer Island Reporter Staff Reporter Staff at editor@mi-reporter.com.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Lets see, one side of my sign could say, "Sandy Hook, One mother didn't lock up her guns." and then on the other side I could put a picture of women standing behind a bobwire fence in one of the German concetration camps, with a sentence across the top, "Mothers Day 1941", and another sentence on the bottom saying," We wanted our assualt weapons."

The jewish womens league might get upset at me though.

Attachments

• women in camp.jpg
    women in camp.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Lets see, one side of my sign could say, "Sandy Hook, One mother didn't lock up her guns." and then on the other side I could put a picture of women standing behind a bobwire fence in one of the German concetration camps, with a sentence across the top, "Mothers Day 1941", and another sentence on the bottom saying," We wanted our assualt weapons."

The jewish womens league might get upset at me though.

Sign should read "Mothers day 1941...They took our gun away"

papa bear

MOMS DEMAND, is a very hypercritical group. i have been trying to engage them for months now. they will not even answer my emails. they just don't want debate. i wrote them once and told them if they had a good argument they wouldn't be afraid

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
There was an 'Mom's Demand Action' event going on in Missoula, MT that I tried to convince the wife to go to with our kid in the stroller (OC of course). Ended up only a like 20 people showed for the event.

Last edited:

jsanchez

So is anyone going to this?

I can't seem to find when it starts.

I know its at Cal Anderson Park on top of capitol hill.

I thought I might go after church, just to give some people heart attacks.

Maybe I'll take video's of people haveing Kanipson's.

jsanchez

Seriously? Sounds like an intent to intimidate to me...

2. Unlawful carrying (RCW 9.41.270) occurs when the person carries or displays a weapon “in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.” This is something more than just walking around with an exposed firearm. If there is a dispute, for example, and one person, while angry, displays the weapon to scare the other person.

I'm just going to listen to what they have to say, just like when I went to the huge rally they had at Westlake and the march to Seattle Center. I saw a couple of people who had shocked reactions and one lady had such a kanipson she was badgering me for about 5 minutes, "Your disgusting for being here" and a bunch of other stuff. Then when she regained control we had a conversation. It was hard for her to understand the other side and she didn't accept it, but it did give the other side and she understood what my intentions were to listen and point out inconsistences in the other sides arguments.

In my above statement, I was merely pointing out that when you go to these things people, that it is posible that people are going to have heart attacks and kanipsions and you as a respoinsible Open Carrier should be ready to handle that in a civilized manner with the upmost calm and patientence, thats all I was trying to say.

Who knows I may not have time to go, if I don't get my honey do list done first.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
MOMS DEMAND, is a very hypercritical group. i have been trying to engage them for months now. they will not even answer my emails. they just don't want debate. i wrote them once and told them if they had a good argument they wouldn't be afraid

They are another idiot organization -- why bother even trying to contact them -- they are likely all just sitting around drinking wine with their cell phones pre-dialed with 9-1 just waiting ...

jsanchez

So I went to the event. I concealed carry and stood back and talk to one of the men that was there. There were two news agencies there when I got there. They completed their interviews and then left. The event started at 2pm and no one came.

After 5 minutes talking to this husband of one of the friends, I decided to approach the talble and talk to the ladies. We talked for about 15 minutes about the hole spectrum of gun politics. There was alot they didn't know. About 5 minutes before I left I told them who I was and who I was with. They were super nice about it, they reachout to everyone, they just don't want to see kid hurt by guns, and work to solve gun violence problems. I gave them alot of food for thought.

I left without open carrying because the media was standing around looking so sad they didn't have a story, and I wasn't going to give them any controversy to make us look bad.

The amount of people that should up for this was so small, I took there group picture for them with their camera.

All in all very nice woman, smart, open, and freindly. Just no one showed up for their event.

Freedom1Man

So I went to the event. I concealed carry and stood back and talk to one of the men that was there. There were two news agencies there when I got there. They completed their interviews and then left. The event started at 2pm and no one came.

After 5 minutes talking to this husband of one of the friends, I decided to approach the table and talk to the ladies. We talked for about 15 minutes about the hole spectrum of gun politics. There was a lot they didn't know. About 5 minutes before I left I told them who I was and who I was with. They were super nice about it, they reach-out to everyone, they just don't want to see kid hurt by guns, and work to solve gun violence problems. I gave them a lot of food for thought.

I left without open carrying because the media was standing around looking so sad they didn't have a story, and I wasn't going to give them any controversy to make us look bad.

The amount of people that should up for this was so small, I took there group picture for them with their camera.

All in all very nice woman, smart, open, and friendly. Just no one showed up for their event.

What do you remember from the conversation? Like;
What false information were they promoting, if any?
Why do they take the anti-liberty stance? Etc.

Damiansar-15

Corner

I live on the Island and just happened to drive by the corner of Island Crest way and 40 St....just saw a couple of families standing on the corner with poorly constructed signs... My 3yr old asked what they were doing and I explained that they were protesting against guns rights... His response was, "Thats stupid!".... It is a bit sad when an organized protest only brings a dozen or so people out... I did not have time to go over and shake things up, but wished I had known earlier this event was happening...
D.

jsanchez

What do you remember from the conversation? Like;
What false information were they promoting, if any?
Why do they take the anti-liberty stance? Etc.

They were not pushing any false information that I heard or saw.

They had a table with t-shirts, pins and water bottles, and they wanted me to get on there email list, which I declined, which might had been a mistake, because they could proably use some more good brain storming on how to solve the gun violence problem in america. There was alot they hadn't considered, and it would be nice to inform them.

Lets focus on the problem, young men with poor impulse control, people with low anger mangement skills, and depressed people with asseceablity to guns.

They asked questions about conceal carry and domestic violence.

All the anti groups have pulled together into one group called Washington alliance for gun responsibilty, and here is a flier they were handing out.

Attachments

• gun flier.jpg
    gun flier.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 147

davidmcbeth

Banned
They were not pushing any false information that I heard or saw.

They had a table with t-shirts, pins and water bottles, and they wanted me to get on there email list, which I declined, which might had been a mistake, because they could proably use some more good brain storming on how to solve the gun violence problem in america. There was alot they hadn't considered, and it would be nice to inform them.

Lets focus on the problem, young men with poor impulse control, people with low anger mangement skills, and depressed people with asseceablity to guns.

They asked questions about conceal carry and domestic violence.

All the anti groups have pulled together into one group called Washington alliance for gun responsibilty, and here is a flier they were handing out.

I would disagree that they have not been providing false information .. if the flier is similar information

Dave in Edmonds

I saw the piece on Q13 last night. They had a shot of their table with two ladies standing there. They had shot of a family walking through the park, with no tie in to the "demonstration" at all. They had a 20-second interview with the organizer, who I will give credit for using the phrase "magazine with more than 10 rounds of ammunition". I assumed from the lack of wide shots that very few folks attended. Thanks for confirming.

I found it ironic that they held this thing at Cal Anderson Park, when the story before this one was about police investigating a stabbing later that evening at...

wait for it...

Cal Anderson Park.

rapgood

I saw the piece on Q13 last night. They had a shot of their table with two ladies standing there. They had shot of a family walking through the park, with no tie in to the "demonstration" at all. They had a 20-second interview with the organizer, who I will give credit for using the phrase "magazine with more than 10 rounds of ammunition". I assumed from the lack of wide shots that very few folks attended. Thanks for confirming.

I found it ironic that they held this thing at Cal Anderson Park, when the story before this one was about police investigating a stabbing later that evening at...

wait for it...

Cal Anderson Park.
ROFLMAO.gif