• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

traffic stop by auburn PD last night

EirikBlodok

greetings everyone

today I thought I would share my experience last night with the auburn police.

last night at approx 2100 hours I was pulled over for speeding on west valley highway by dells farm supply for 35 in a 25 (I forgot they changed the darn speed limit about a year ago)

of course I have my standard carry pistol on a cz75 (pre b) to keep this post OC related.

the officer seemed to be convinced I was drinking as my car did not smell very good (dog vomit in the back seat from when my dog got sick the other day) of course it only cleans up so well.

of course I tell him about the dog vomit and that is when he shines his flash light in the back seat.

here is the oh snap! moment.

I guess I got a gift from my father that he snuck into my back seat, when I was at his house. a nice full numbers matching 5 digit s/n Springfield armory built M1 garand. and a January 1967 edition of playboy magazine.

now mr officer is all pissy that I did not declare I had a weapon. of course he still has not noticed my holstered CZ on my right hip yet.

now first thing out of my mouth is something along line of "show my the RCW that states I have to declare"

then it's the why is that (referring to the m1) not in the trunk

me being my smart a$$ self I reply

"we'll sir I would love to see you try and get that in the trunk of this car"

now he ask if I had any other weapons and of course now told him about the cz on my person

to make a long story short.

never was I asked to provide my papers "aka CPL"

I was never disarmed

and I got off with just a "slow it down a bit sir have a good day"

also I still have yet to decide what is cooler the M1 or the playboy

Eirik

we do the standard lic ins reg

DocWalker

greetings everyone

today I thought I would share my experience last night with the auburn police.

last night at approx 2100 hours I was pulled over for speeding on west valley highway by dells farm supply for 35 in a 25 (I forgot they changed the darn speed limit about a year ago)

of course I have my standard carry pistol on a cz75 (pre b) to keep this post OC related.

the officer seemed to be convinced I was drinking as my car did not smell very good (dog vomit in the back seat from when my dog got sick the other day) of course it only cleans up so well.

of course I tell him about the dog vomit and that is when he shines his flash light in the back seat.

here is the oh snap! moment.

I guess I got a gift from my father that he snuck into my back seat, when I was at his house. a nice full numbers matching 5 digit s/n Springfield armory built M1 garand. and a January 1967 edition of playboy magazine.

now mr officer is all pissy that I did not declare I had a weapon. of course he still has not noticed my holstered CZ on my right hip yet.

now first thing out of my mouth is something along line of "show my the RCW that states I have to declare"

then it's the why is that (referring to the m1) not in the trunk

me being my smart a$$ self I reply

"we'll sir I would love to see you try and get that in the trunk of this car"

now he ask if I had any other weapons and of course now told him about the cz on my person

to make a long story short.

never was I asked to provide my papers "aka CPL"

I was never disarmed

and I got off with just a "slow it down a bit sir have a good day"

also I still have yet to decide what is cooler the M1 or the playboy

Eirik

we do the standard lic ins reg

Win's all around....other than speeding and getting stopped.

1. M1 Grand is a hugh win.
2. 1967 playboy is another win.
3. Not getting a ticket yet another win.
4. Cop education and not being intimidated by his authority another win.

I need to have some days like this.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly, if you choose to answer. Just don't lie. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket :(

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I don't have a "cite", I just know you can't lie. I don't lie to people, and that includes cops. If you really need a cite, find it yourself cause I don't need one.

Freedom1Man

I don't have a "cite", I just know you can't lie. I don't lie to people, and that includes cops. If you really need a cite, find it yourself cause I don't need one.

You made the claim that there is a requirement. Please cite. Forum rules.

I cannot find such requirement and if it does exist then I would like to know where it is.

Your claim is that I am required to answer the question of if I am armed or not. Last time I checked I can refuse to answer. You have made a claim that I am legally required to answer such question and so you, per the forum rules, are required to cite such claim.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
You made the claim that there is a requirement. Please cite. Forum rules.

I cannot find such requirement and if it does exist then I would like to know where it is.

Your claim is that I am required to answer the question of if I am armed or not. Last time I checked I can refuse to answer. You have made a claim that I am legally required to answer such question and so you, per the forum rules, are required to cite such claim.

I didn't say you are required to answer, I just said that my moral compass would preclude me from lying. If I choose to answer a question, it will be the truth. I don't need to cite how I was brought up, I would get a quote from my parents but they are dead.

Freedom1Man

Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket :(

You have not cited anything to back that up! You phrased it as a requirement not a personal choice.

Ergo, you need to cite it.

Matt, If there is no law requiring you to do something then you're not required to do it. If you're not prohibited from carrying a rifle in the back seat then it's legal.

I cannot prove a negative.

Grim_Night

Good job, not required to declare in WA just unloaded (long guns). Not required to be in the trunk either. You only need to declare if asked directly. When I got pulled over the first thing the troop asked if I had a gun. Yes, OK just don't touch it. I wasn't as lucky he still gave me the ticket :(

I didn't say you are required to answer, I just said that my moral compass would preclude me from lying. If I choose to answer a question, it will be the truth. I don't need to cite how I was brought up, I would get a quote from my parents but they are dead.

You sir are very much so wrong. You claimed flat out that you "NEED to declare if asked directly" in your original post in this thread. There is no such requirement that I know of in this state. By stating what you stated, you are, per forum rules required to site where you get your information or edit your post to reflect that your statement is an opinion.

MattinWA

Matt, If there is no law requiring you to do something then you're not required to do it. If you're not prohibited from carrying a rifle in the back seat then it's legal.

I cannot prove a negative.

I know, thats why I said it... I carry a rifle in the back seat all the time, with a 75 rnd drum filled to cap. next to, but not attached, while going to the range. Easier to load at home ;)

yes, pics of the m1!

Last edited:

deanf

If people demand you "site" (sic), I'm not sure you're required to comply unless the grammar, punctuation, word usage, and spelling of the demand is perfect . . .

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I fixed my original post to make all the verbiage nazis happy. So my final say on this is that if I do respond to a question, it will be with the truth. At least I don't hand over a xerox of my DL, CPL, and photos of my guns :)