• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calming concerns about open carry... sigh

qednick

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/robert-farago/will-texans-open-carry-after-january-1/

It is somewhat astonishing that people would be so concerned about open carry. It is astonishing that so many people - in Texas no less - would be so damn concerned about Texans being (a little more) free...

Alas, open carry is coming. Every day is one day closer :D

I personally can't wait. I think a lot of the problem is that most people are just not familiar with OC--even in states that have had legal OC for years/decades/forever. The more we OC, the more "normal" it will become to every day folks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I personally can't wait. I think a lot of the problem is that most people are just not familiar with OC--even in states that have had legal OC for years/decades/forever. The more we OC, the more "normal" it will become to every day folks.
Indeed that is the guiding principle behind OCDO.
icon14.png

Last edited:

FreedomTx

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/robert-farago/will-texans-open-carry-after-january-1/

It is somewhat astonishing that people would be so concerned about open carry. It is astonishing that so many people - in Texas no less - would be so damn concerned about Texans being (a little more) free...

Alas, open carry is coming. Every day is one day closer :D

What's really astonishing are the actual GUN OWNERS on the texas CHL forum who are more concerned than the general public - all constantly admonishing anyone who open carries as a "Strutter and crazy and show off" who will be solely responsible for getting our rights taken away in all places where that OC takes place. LOL. Love how people fight for a right and then are AFRAID to use it!! THAT Is what is incredible. Their mantra is "don't OC or each place you do will be frightened into puting up a 3007 sign!!" I've never seen such scaredy cats.

stealthyeliminator

There's no shortage of businesses that openly welcomed long gun OC, even more that welcomed BP revolver carry, they have their head where the sun doesn't shine if they really think that OC is going to have that sort of effect.

solus

What's really astonishing are the actual GUN OWNERS on the texas CHL forum who are more concerned than the general public - all constantly admonishing anyone who open carries as a "Strutter and crazy and show off" who will be solely responsible for getting our rights taken away in all places where that OC takes place. LOL. Love how people fight for a right and then are AFRAID to use it!! THAT Is what is incredible. Their mantra is "don't OC or each place you do will be frightened into puting up a 3007 sign!!" I've never seen such scaredy cats.

ya know, freedom, your group musta taken the clue from NC's groups...

NC has a firearm forum group (NCGO) who blatantly and consistently vocally lambastes the OC concepts and has high membership in...
our NC grass roots organization who advocates, as noted by the Paul V, president of GRNC stated on this forum, paraphrasing: his organization is dedicated to those '...sane, sober, and law biding citizens who conceal...' and according to their website, they pass legislation ( you know i have never understand then why the NC voters go to all the trouble to elect legislators especially if Paul's group passes the legislation) to support these goals as well as class III schemes.

and yet with your and NC's kinda folk, as well as apparently the Florida carry folk in place...it is a wonder we haven't lost all firearm rights yet.

ipse

notalawyer

ya know, freedom, your group musta taken the clue from NC's groups...

NC has a firearm forum group (NCGO) who blatantly and consistently vocally lambastes the OC concepts and has high membership in...
our NC grass roots organization who advocates, as noted by the Paul V, president of GRNC stated on this forum, paraphrasing: his organization is dedicated to those '...sane, sober, and law biding citizens who conceal...' and according to their website, they pass legislation ( you know i have never understand then why the NC voters go to all the trouble to elect legislators especially if Paul's group passes the legislation) to support these goals as well as class III schemes.

and yet with your and NC's kinda folk, as well as apparently the Florida carry folk in place...it is a wonder we haven't lost all firearm rights yet.

ipse

You are really making yourself look more foolish each and every time you post about Florida Carry.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Who's up for a road trip?

It sounds like we need to take a bunch of Texans on the OC WalMart Walk.

Which is really hilarious when you realize the original WalMart Walk was a product of Texas.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...48-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

Most of us remember our first OC outing as feeling like you forgot to put your pants on and didn't realize it until you got to school. You were sure everybody was looking. Most of us also remember that moment when we realized that 99.9% of the people did not notice at all - and some of us also recall how disappointed we were.

Nowadays I find myself more often than not checking out what turn out to be cellphones rather than OC'd handguns.

stay safe.

solus

You are really making yourself look more foolish each and every time you post about Florida Carry.

see number four on the my last post on the FL sub-thread your precious entity which you supposedly do not represent was legitimately criticized...

and how you are now fulfilling those statements i outlined and stated in my posting here.

wait, i'm sorry isn't the organization you do not represent is pushing for FL citizens to be able to OC with a privilege card?

ipse

Last edited:

solus

It sounds like we need to take a bunch of Texans on the OC WalMart Walk.

Which is really hilarious when you realize the original WalMart Walk was a product of Texas.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...48-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

Most of us remember our first OC outing as feeling like you forgot to put your pants on and didn't realize it until you got to school. You were sure everybody was looking. Most of us also remember that moment when we realized that 99.9% of the people did not notice at all - and some of us also recall how disappointed we were.

Nowadays I find myself more often than not checking out what turn out to be cellphones rather than OC'd handguns.

stay safe.

i'm down!!

New years day skid? dallas or houston ? (dallas is more fun) or both? or san antonio or austin...(both cities out of the way per se)

ipse

Glockster

I have a thought - how about focusing on what is said HERE instead of what you claim is being said on other forums? Bashing others on another forum serves no useful purpose here and instead makes THIS forum seems to be unfriendly.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
i'm down!!

New years day skid? dallas or houston ? (dallas is more fun) or both? or san antonio or austin...(both cities out of the way per se)

ipse

Without question, Austin.

Liberal/loony capital as well as Capitol.

Now we just need to find some Texans that will admit they need someone to hold their hand crossing the street the first time.:D:uhoh:

stay safe.

solus

Without question, Austin.

Liberal/loony capital as well as Capitol.

Now we just need to find some Texans that will admit they need someone to hold their hand crossing the street the first time.:D:uhoh:

stay safe.

Lordy, man...you truly think they would admit that?

let's go anyway, surprize them and share our smiles and celebrator cheer with them uninvited...

ipse

HPmatt

There was a thread on the fat Austin cop tackling that jaywalking girl. Think that was on the Drag right at 15th. That might be a good spot to start - right around the corner from the hippy vendor stalls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solus

There was a thread on the fat Austin cop tackling that jaywalking girl. Think that was on the Drag right at 15th. That might be a good spot to start - right around the corner from the hippy vendor stalls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i should fit right in when dressed as my hero RuPaul...

ipse

stealthyeliminator

We members may have our occasional differences, but the one thing that brings everyone together on this forum is that we support open carry, and as far as I'm concerned you ALL are ALWAYS welcome to come visit Texas and spread the good OC message in you personal style. I'll happily join any one of you veterans and allow some of your experience and wisdom rub off on me :)