• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is why I carry!

metalman383

I carry, because if some body snaps like this guy, maybe I would have a chance to stop him, before he hurts my family, or any more people.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/103825659.html

This only happens in big cities. People weren't maybe comming out of church, (good thing, why would you need to carry in church?) That trip to the local cafe with the family for Sunday dinner, defenitly no need to carry for that!

This is why I carry!!!

anmut

I carry, because if some body snaps like this guy, maybe I would have a chance to stop him, before he hurts my family, or any more people.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/103825659.html

This only happens in big cities. People weren't maybe comming out of church, (good thing, why would you need to carry in church?) That trip to the local cafe with the family for Sunday dinner, defenitly no need to carry for that!

This is why I carry!!!

According to the Libs in Madison, this stuff doesn't happen in WI. So now I'm really confused.

rotty

It just goes to show you

You NEVER know when or where so selectively carrying, in my opinion, is a foolish habit. Luckily the shooter was the only one injured here ( bad shot ? )

HolyOrangeJuice

I live in a town of about 18,000 people here in Wisconsin and not many things happen around here but i am of age and am going to start OCing. My parents think I'm crazy. They are not against guns or anything but they have the same mentality that nothing is going to happen in our "perfect" town.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
I live in a town of about 18,000 people here in Wisconsin and not many things happen around here but i am of age and am going to start OCing. My parents think I'm crazy. They are not against guns or anything but they have the same mentality that nothing is going to happen in our "perfect" town.

...and hopefully nothing ever does. But probably will at some point.

HolyOrangeJuice

...and hopefully nothing ever does. But probably will at some point.

Stuff has happened but nothing that anyone hears about. We live in such a "perfect" town in such a "perfect" state that no matter what there is no possible way something bad is going to happen in their eyes even though we own many firearms and keep them ready in case of a home invasion but they still think OC isn't necessary.

Krusty

Tell your parents that they probably don't need a fire extinguisher or smoke detectors in your "perfect town".

Rich B

Stuff has happened but nothing that anyone hears about. We live in such a "perfect" town in such a "perfect" state that no matter what there is no possible way something bad is going to happen in their eyes even though we own many firearms and keep them ready in case of a home invasion but they still think OC isn't necessary.

It must be nice to not have to wear your seatbelt either.

HolyOrangeJuice

Tell your parents that they probably don't need a fire extinguisher or smoke detectors in your "perfect town".

They asked me "Why do you want to carry?" I said "Why do you keep a spare tire in your trunk?" I don't think they understand that i am not asking them if i CAN carry. Because i can and will if i want to. I am asking them to use my grandfathers firearm since he has passed i cant asked him.