• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amazing but not unexpected

Edward Peruta

The elections are now over and the internet websites and message boards regarding Second Amendment and firearm issues in CT are quiet.

My observation and current belief - All the eggs were put in one basket!!

Where are all the individuals who made all the noise leading up to the election?

I began losing faith in others some time ago.

So I will now bite my tongue, keep my thoughts to myself.

I've lost respect for many of the individuals who held themselves out as the people who fight to defend our rights in CT.

The silence is deafening.

Everyone better realize that the Connecticut Legislature is about to convene their 2011 session and I am aware of no discussions or preparations to organize support for firearm issues in CT.

Thankfully we have the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen and Bob Crook to lobby some of our issues during the legislative session that is fast approaching.

Those who remain quiet and don't get involved deserve what happens.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Hi Ed,

I'm new to the boards but have lived in CT for about 3 years now (Fairfield County). As I own my own business I am of limited funds (given the current state of the economy) but I have a little time I could spare to help in any efforts. How do you suggest I proceed? Do I donate a little money to the groups already organized (Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen and Bob Crook as you mentioned) or do I donate my time somehow? Any advice is appreciated.

BTW, thank you for your efforts in S.D., California. I was born and raised in CA (and still have family there) and 2A rights are in a sad state of affairs. Out of all the people I know there I think only 1 has a concealed carry permit as he helped one of the local sheriffs in some capacity...

Edward Peruta

Change may be around the corner

Thank you for the response, ovbvisously I'm on pins and needles awaiting the soon to be released decsion here in San Diego.

As for donating time or money, hold off for now because there are discussions taking place that could provide a very organization to make contributions to.

I'm not at liberty to discuss what's in the works, but took the advise of someone who suggested that if you want someting done do it yourself and don't pressure others.

If you are interested in knowing what is being considered and discussed, send me an email at edperuta@ctgunrights.com

Again, thanks for the positive comment.

LQM

The elections are now over and the internet websites and message boards regarding Second Amendment and firearm issues in CT are quiet.

My observation and current belief - All the eggs were put in one basket!!

Where are all the individuals who made all the noise leading up to the election?

I began losing faith in others some time ago.

So I will now bite my tongue, keep my thoughts to myself.

I've lost respect for many of the individuals who held themselves out as the people who fight to defend our rights in CT.

The silence is deafening.

Everyone better realize that the Connecticut Legislature is about to convene their 2011 session and I am aware of no discussions or preparations to organize support for firearm issues in CT.

Thankfully we have the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen and Bob Crook to lobby some of our issues during the legislative session that is fast approaching.

Those who remain quiet and don't get involved deserve what happens.

Mr. Peruta, I do what I can. I donate to the groups I think count and post to all my elected offials to voice my thinking at every opportunity. I don't at all take offense to what you are saying because I believe you to be correct in your thinking; and on occassion I am guilty of quiety standing by myself, but the hill just got a little steeper with this past election. I for one am just stopping a moment to catch my breath.

KIX

I agree Ed, but I think you'll hear the same bunch of people that are indeed active OUTSIDE of the forums.

I needed to take a couple weeks after the election to "soak" things up. I volunteered, spoke to people, and busted my hump up to the election and felt rather "deflated", but not defeated!

BTW, I heard your CA case mentioned on NRA news on SiriusXM radio a few weeks ago. I was like "hey, I know that guy!".

Hope all goes in your direction...... even on the left coast.

Jonathan