• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWAT/CERT Team ordered to stand down @ Navy Yard

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Capitol Police SWAT team was told to stand down by their own superiors. As far as I know, the Navy Yard is outside their jurisdiction.

I've been going back and forth on this. I've concluded that the order to stand down was appropriate--outside their jurisdiction. But, if the SWAT were really good guys--and that's a very big "if" in my mind--they would not be censurable for ignoring the order and saving lives.

In the big picture, I am not moved. As a libertarian pointed out, a killer killed some people working for an organization that kills people. (The Navy was all set to launch cruise missiles into Syria on the Chief Killer's orders in violation of international law and the US constitution.) So, while on one level I have some sympathy for the deceased individually, I can't work up too much outrage in the big picture. And, certainly won't complain when paramilitary forces who hide behind cutesy acronyms (Containment and Emergency Response Team) come under criticism.

About the only good thing I can see for sure about capitol cop CERT is that they're unlikely to be perpetrating SWAT raids on citizen's homes. And, that they might one day save some tourists at the capitol; but that could also be handled by DC SWAT.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So, before all or even any of the facts are known, you are claiming this to be a false flag operation by the Obama administration? SMH....

Oh, I don't get that he's claiming that. I took more as a reminder that its a possibility. It doesn't hurt to be reminded that our government has owned up to planning these things.

Lets see. There was the Gulf of Tonkin incident--actually admitted to by McNamara forty years after the fact. There was that military proposal to shoot down an airliner and blame it on Cuba to justify an invasion back in the 60's.

Government twists facts and lies all the time to justify what it wants--to create the impression it wants in the minds of the people. Actually running a false flag operation is just one step further toward the same goal of molding public opinion. Its right up there with agents provocatuer. The wonder is that anybody is surprised.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Oh, I don't get that he's claiming that. I took more as a reminder that its a possibility. It doesn't hurt to be reminded that our government has owned up to planning these things.

Lets see. There was the Gulf of Tonkin incident--actually admitted to by McNamara forty years after the fact. There was that military proposal to shoot down an airliner and blame it on Cuba to justify an invasion back in the 60's.

Government twists facts and lies all the time to justify what it wants--to create the impression it wants in the minds of the people. Actually running a false flag operation is just one step further toward the same goal of molding public opinion. Its right up there with agents provocatuer. The wonder is that anybody is surprised.

Gov't Response: Hey, we pay guys to just think of plans...plans, plans, plans. Not all the plans produced are winners. But even some loser plans get the go ahead anyway. Sucks to be you.

Last edited:

eye95

Folks, we have to stop perpetuating the myth that Hitler enacted gun control in Germany. The prior regime did. THAT is one huge factor in the Nazis coming to power.

The only thing the Nazis did was relax gun control for folks apart from the Jews and other "lesser" people.

The moral of the story is that the tyrants don't always grab the guns, but that grabbing the guns, even with the best of intent, enables tyranny.

onus

they would not be censurable for ignoring the order and saving lives.

In the big picture, I am not moved. As a libertarian pointed out, a killer killed some people working for an organization that kills people. (The Navy was all set to launch cruise missiles into Syria on the Chief Killer's orders in violation of international law and the US constitution.) So, while on one level I have some sympathy for the deceased individually, I can't work up too much outrage in the big picture.

Assad gassed to death innocent children. Why cant he gas some people like you. That's the outrage. Of course, if Assad gassed you no one else in the world would be outraged and no one would do anything about it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Assad gassed to death innocent children. Why cant he gas some people like you. That's the outrage. Of course, if Assad gassed you no one else in the world would be outraged and no one would do anything about it.

OK. Assad gassed people. Whatever you say.

eye95

OK. Assad gassed people. Whatever you say.

Even if he did (I believe he did), we can't act. How many such atrocities have we ignored? We kinda have to ignore them, or we'd spend all of our resources trying to save everyone. No. before we act we need a legitimate security concern==for OUR security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

solus

Onus, what has the world done towards Assad for this deed...absolutely NOTHING!!

and you are being a bit harsh with your pronouncement of a death sentence for Citizen speaking, aren't you?

I for one would miss his intellectual bantering instead of your contribution to the thread this fine day.

ipse

Aknazer

Uhh, what is so wrong with what he said? I'm in the military and what he said makes sense. Yes if I were to be killed that would be sad for certain people. But my JOB is to help kill those that aren't deterred by our military "might." Therefor if someone was looking to attack the US for whatever reason it SHOULD be us in uniform that are the target along with other government employees.

So yes, while on a personal level it is sad that these people died, in the larger picture that is kinda what they signed up for. To be willing to lay down their lives for their country while trying to make the enemy do the same for theirs.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Onus if free to take a flight to Turkey, then cross the boarder to teach this bad man a lesson...nobody is stopping him.

Back to the subject matter of the thread .... still no word as to why the SWAT team was called off ... I thought maybe they were needed at a dog kennel .. but alas, nothing is known. I would guess that someone screwed up and this guy's job is worth more than 12 lives.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Onus, what has the world done towards Assad for this deed...absolutely NOTHING!!

and you are being a bit harsh with your pronouncement of a death sentence for Citizen speaking, aren't you?

I for one would miss his intellectual bantering instead of your contribution to the thread this fine day.

ipse

Thanks, Solus.

Please understand that Onus and I have a history. He was banned under his old username and sneaked back onto the forum under his current name. I bashed him pretty frequently under his old name.

I knew when I read his anti-Citizen post above that he was just being provocative. That's his style. He probably doesn't believe or care much about what happened in Syria; I'm thinking he just saw a chance to post provocatively and took the stance that fit what he wanted to do.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Onus if free to take a flight to Turkey, then cross the boarder to teach this bad man a lesson...nobody is stopping him.

Back to the subject matter of the thread .... still no word as to why the SWAT team was called off ... I thought maybe they were needed at a dog kennel .. but alas, nothing is known. I would guess that someone screwed up and this guy's job is worth more than 12 lives.

He should walk across the border to pick crops and apply for Syrian welfare benefits... Evidentially according to him that's how you really bring down a country