• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man found 'not guilty' for firing warning shot at police

Primus

I believe that, since we are supposed to be a government "of the people, by the people" and law enforcement agencies work for the government; then, by extension, the police work for the people and are to be submissive to the will of the people as expressed by their elected representatives.

There is your "submission".

I agree.

Submission is a bad word though. We don't demand teachers be "submissive" to us. Nor the secretary of the mayor, the local mail man, the neighborhood firefighter, or Amy other person under a government contract.

See my point? All those people "work for the government" also. So I guess they must also be "submissive" yes?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

wipe the sarcastic drool from your face first :p

Right, well as an LEO you are a public servant, funded by the tax payer. Therefore you must comply with any lawful demands by the People. Likewise we must comply with lawful demands by LEOs. However we are perfectly without our rights to refuse to follow unlawful commands or be abused, threatened, have our rights denied and stolen and many of us can and will defend ourselves against these crimes. It's like the Youtube video i saw of a Michigan LEO threatening an open carrier from across the road with his firearm. That officer was lucky he wasn't shot himself for making totally unwarranted threats to kill and his victim could very very easily have considered his life in danger. I've seen time and time again LEOs committing crimes and getting away with it. They are simply peace officers and should do that job. Keep the peace and keep to within the Constitution.

Can you cite the "must comply with any lawful demands of the people"?

Hate to bust the bubble... But because .000005% of your taxes may pay the salary does not give authority. Of so then I guess u demand the local mayor secretary to mail something out for you right? I'm sure u pay her salary.

I'll wait for the cite.

OC for ME

Cops don't work for the people unless they are elected by the people.
"I announced myself, ‘Who is that? Who is that? I have a gun.' And as soon as I said that, two red laser beams were on my chest," Watson said. "so I looked at the red laser beams on my chest, and I fired a warning shot."
No announcement that the red dots are from cop guns.

As I came out of the house … they said, ‘stop,' and I said, ‘Who?' They then said, ‘Who just fired the shot out the back window?' I said I did … and I was holding a gun, and they said, ‘put down the gun.'"

Watson dropped his handgun and said he received shocking news.

"They said, ‘we just got news you shot at an officer.' I said, ‘An officer? Nobody came to my door. What do you mean an officer? I didn't know there were any officers in my backyard,'" he said.

Then he learned the dark figures in his backyard were Portsmouth police officers who had not announced themselves.
Policy violation at worst and that will be a stretch. Those cops will go on about their business as they always have. There will be no substantive consequences for their actions. Another example of cops behaving badly.

rightwinglibertarian

Can you cite the "must comply with any lawful demands of the people"?

Hate to bust the bubble... But because .000005% of your taxes may pay the salary does not give authority. Of so then I guess u demand the local mayor secretary to mail something out for you right? I'm sure u pay her salary.

I'll wait for the cite.

You took an oath did you not? While every force may be different, the idea is the same.

VIRGINIA ASSOCIATION OF CHIEFS OF POLICE

On my honor,
I will never betray my badge,
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.
I will always have the courage
to hold myself and others
accountable for our actions.
I will always uphold the Constitution,
the community,
and the agency I serve,
so help me God.

Tulsa Police

Having been duly appointed a police officer of the City of Tulsa and peace officer of the State of Oklahoma, I do solemnly swear that I will defend, enforce, and obey the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Oklahoma, and the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Tulsa.

That I will obey the lawful orders of my superior officers and the regulations of the Tulsa Police Department.

That I will protect the rights, lives, and property of all citizens and uphold the honor of the police profession with my life if need be.

This I solemnly swear.

I challenge you. What does yours say? Is there a specific command to protect and serve people? Is there a specific command to serve the Constitution? That was written by We The People and things tend to happen when we get mad. Some 80% of CT gun owners are flouting that 'law', The BLM got told where to go at least once and even further back there was the Boston Tea Party.

OC for ME

So who pays the rest of the salary, is this money created out of thin air?
If every citizen in a (that) town demanded that those cops be held accountable under the law for their acts the cop shop would still not do that. They are exempt in the eyes of the law, especially when their masters work diligently to shield them from their idiocy. then their is the thug cop union to provide monitary assistance to be sure that the member's due flow into their coffers.

Primus

You took an oath did you not? While every force may be different, the idea is the same.

Tulsa Police

I challenge you. What does yours say? Is there a specific command to protect and serve people? Is there a specific command to serve the Constitution? That was written by We The People and things tend to happen when we get mad. Some 80% of CT gun owners are flouting that 'law', The BLM got told where to go at least once and even further back there was the Boston Tea Party.

Wait I missed it... Where does it say submit to citizens again? Please bold it I missed it....

Primus

Tulsa Police

But this is good u posted the portion from Tulsa..

So much for no duty to protect. They took an oath to....

OC for ME

On my honor,
winky1.gif

I will never betray my badge,
giggle.gif

my integrity, my character,
dilemma.gif

or the public trust.
thud.gif

I will always have the courage
to hold myself and others
accountable for our actions.
rotfl.gif

I will always uphold the Constitution,
the community,
and the agency I serve,
so help me God.
jawdrop.gif

Kopis

Just a guess on my part, but I think, if it were me in that situation, that it would be a slam dunk given the facts that the cops apparently admitted to. That POS prosecutor obviously don't like armed citizens defending themselves against unknown threats who point laser sights, attached to evil black guns, at homeowners.

I would've said..."I did not fire indiscriminately at anything or anyone. I was intentionally aiming to shoot those POS intruders trying to enter my home, with guns, in the hopes of killing me. What would you think if you were in my place...you POS prosecutor."

i think that's where that Detroit shooter went wrong too. I do believe he was genuinely scared for his life but when the cops came he thought it would be better to say it was an accident. She was 300 pounds and her hands were bruised from beating on his door plus it was dark. It was just a large figure trying to get in his house. I was scared but i did shoot to defend myself.

The Truth

If one were to point out to Primus every time he misuses the words, 'your,' and 'you're,' one's post count would spike significantly.

Primus

If one were to point out to Primus every time he misuses the words, 'your,' and 'you're,' one's post count would spike significantly.

Exactly... To like one billion. Per day. On a good day that I hadn't had a drink yet. Its dat ders poobic edjumacation.

:D

rightwinglibertarian

Exactly... To like one billion. Per day. On a good day that I hadn't had a drink yet. Its dat ders poobic edjumacation.

:D

You mean brainwashing and propaganda instillment. No other word for This bit of garbage.

Of course they wouldnt teach the citizens absolute right to bear arms as that would mean they would have to admit citizens have power. And of course the government and it's minions hate that so they make up so-called 'laws' hire people that care nothing for the Constitution to enforce them. That leaves the people to either baa and submit or defy and rebel against laws that have no legal power and make a stand and fight for the real law - the Constitution.

Primus

You mean brainwashing and propaganda instillment. No other word for This bit of garbage.

Of course they wouldnt teach the citizens absolute right to bear arms as that would mean they would have to admit citizens have power. And of course the government and it's minions hate that so they make up so-called 'laws' hire people that care nothing for the Constitution to enforce them. That leaves the people to either baa and submit or defy and rebel against laws that have no legal power and make a stand and fight for the real law - the Constitution.

So keep on baaaaaiing. Since you haven't fought much....

rightwinglibertarian

So keep on baaaaaiing. Since you haven't fought much....

I do what fighting I can with the money and time I have. Though if I can't convince a group of Open Carriers who should actually know better and should be demanding their 2A rights already it makes me realize why draconian states like CA, NJ and CT are allowed to continue their criminal behaviour. Police are not even allowed to stop a person solely because they are bearing arms. That precedent has already been set.

Primus

I do what fighting I can with the money and time I have. Though if I can't convince a group of Open Carriers who should actually know better and should be demanding their 2A rights already it makes me realize why draconian states like CA, NJ and CT are allowed to continue their criminal behaviour. Police are not even allowed to stop a person solely because they are bearing arms. That precedent has already been set.

Maybe u should save some of the rhetoric for when u can do more fighting. Your quick to throw the sheep idea out there and have done nothing to separate yourself from the herd.

Baaaa....

rightwinglibertarian

Maybe u should save some of the rhetoric for when u can do more fighting. Your quick to throw the sheep idea out there and have done nothing to separate yourself from the herd.

Baaaa....

Really now? Really? Then how come not even most 2A 'supporters' have the guts to supports Constitutional Carry even on forums? I do.