• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help with a video camera...

xmattedgex

So I'm looking for a discreet video that i can carry while i OC, i need a camera that has a long battery life.
Anyone have any suggestions?

xmattedgex

I have an iPhone (4 so hd video!!)
But I was looking for something more discreet. Like that pen camera, or button camera.

DooFster

They have the Flip camera. It's the size of a business card and IMMEDIATELY uploads to your computer as soon as you put it into your USB port. 90% of them come as HD too, and have pretty long battery life.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The last Gen iPod Nano is very thin, has great battery life (start recording when you step out, edit later), and when placed in the coin pocket of your jeans the camera lens pokes out just at the top.

DirtyKoala had an ipod belt holster that he modified slightly with a drilled hole to allow the lens to see straight in front of him.

In my experience the pen, sunglass or button cameras are better than nothing but are not great. Tiny pin hole lenses are OK outdoors when the sun is out but suck indoors in low light conditions.

dirtykoala

The last Gen iPod Nano is very thin, has great battery life (start recording when you step out, edit later), and when placed in the coin pocket of your jeans the camera lens pokes out just at the top.

DirtyKoala had an ipod belt holster that he modified slightly with a drilled hole to allow the lens to see straight in front of him.

In my experience the pen, sunglass or button cameras are better than nothing but are not great. Tiny pin hole lenses are OK outdoors when the sun is out but suck indoors in low light conditions.

yup.