• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly business

briehl12

Figured I would get this out there. I have been a member for a short period of time, and while reading alot off this board I do get alot of great information. Just wanted to let people know I am a sales manager for Renton Honda and we are OC friendly. Alot of us here do carry, and while some are not gun friendly, we still have great talks. Hope to meet some of you guys in the future... Thanks....:shocker:

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep, this one's going to to fall in the inappropriate category. You might be better off asking for it to be deleted.

amzbrady

Or leave it here since it is a great deal for those who open carry. That would be a great marketing ploy to get new people to open carry. You need some publicity.

Roscoe.40swMP

Or leave it here since it is a great deal for those who open carry. That would be a great marketing ploy to get new people to open carry. You need some publicity.

I thought it was a nice way to put a plug in for where he works and let us know they are open friendly! I chuckled when I read this at first but it works.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Figured I would get this out there. I have been a member for a short period of time, and while reading alot off this board I do get alot of great information.

Just wanted to let people know I am a sales manager for Renton Honda and we are OC friendly. Alot of us here do carry, and while some are not gun friendly, we still have great talks. Hope to meet some of you guys in the future...

Thanks....:shocker:

Not off topic at all, it is always good to know the OC friendly businesses....

briehl12

I did edit the post a little bit. But yes always nice to know who is OC friendly. Besides.... A plug here and there never hurts. Way to generate business(maybe) I read from another post somewhere on here that another dealer someone visited is OC friendly. Anyways thanks for the replies.

FMCDH

Hey, Ill defend his right to pitch Honda any day! ;)

My wife and I are huge Honda fans, having owned or leased 8 of them since 1995. The Prelude was my favorite, so sad they didn't continue with that car, and even sadder I had to get rid of it when I moved to Alaska, I loved driving that thing.

The most "carry friendly" Honda we have had so far is our Pilot with Leather seats. No matter the holster I wear, its comfortable.

see how sneaky I was to relate my post and this tread back to firearms? :D

amzbrady

Figured I would get this out there. I have been a member for a short period of time, and while reading alot off this board I do get alot of great information.

Just wanted to let people know I am a sales manager for Renton Honda and we are OC friendly. Alot of us here do carry, and while some are not gun friendly, we still have great talks. Hope to meet some of you guys in the future...

Thanks....:shocker:

I did edit the post a little bit. But yes always nice to know who is OC friendly. Besides.... A plug here and there never hurts. Way to generate business(maybe) I read from another post somewhere on here that another dealer someone visited is OC friendly. Anyways thanks for the replies.

Crap, you edited out the $500 discount for open carry part, I was going to ask if you had any $500 cars?

amlevin

Several thoughts would go through my head if I went into a Car Dealership and all the sales staff was Open Carrying.

Some are

"I might just be shopping in the wrong part of town"

"Their deals are so good they have to arm themselves to keep the customers under control"

"They've had cars stolen off the showroom floor"

Got to admit, it's not something one would expect to see every day.

amzbrady

Several thoughts would go through my head if I went into a Car Dealership and all the sales staff was Open Carrying.

Some are

"I might just be shopping in the wrong part of town"

"Their deals are so good they have to arm themselves to keep the customers under control"

"They've had cars stolen off the showroom floor"

Got to admit, it's not something one would expect to see every day.

That is why we all open carry and keep coming back to this forum, to normalize open carry in hopes that one day we do see it every day.

briehl12

No we cant oc/cc at work, but most of us love guns here. I have thought about making deals go better that way though:p I would be more than happy to give anybody a deal. No we do not have $500.00 cars. Funny thing I see everyday is Renton PD at Wallmart almost everyday. Infact about a week ago some kid ran out of the store with a bigscreen in hand, and had a gettaway driver. Fat wallmart security could catch him. Yes Honda's are very carry friendly with the room in the seats.

MadHatter66

Since we are on the subject of cars.........Apparently the guys at O'reilly Auto have a sense of humor.1. Go to O'Reilly Auto's website http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/home.oap 2. Enter "121g" in the search field 3. Click through the product details and compatibilityNow if I could just get one of these for my car...
I literally just fell out of my chair laughing... That's awesome...

amlevin

Since we are on the subject of cars.........

Apparently the guys at O'reilly Auto have a sense of humor.

1. Go to O'Reilly Auto's website
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/home.oap

2. Enter "121g" in the search field

3. Click through the product details and compatibility

Now if I could just get one of these for my car...

I was working there part-time when they took over the Schuck's stores. Yes, there are some that have a sense of humor.

Sorry though, the unit is on back-order and they don't know when it will be available. Seems that the North Koreans have sucked up all the available "flux capacitor grade" plutonium.

You want the upgraded model the 121GMF. It uses household garbage. Certainly plenty of that here so fuel won't be a problem.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I was working there part-time when they took over the Schuck's stores. Yes, there are some that have a sense of humor.

Sorry though, the unit is on back-order and they don't know when it will be available. Seems that the North Koreans have sucked up all the available "flux capacitor grade" plutonium.

You want the upgraded model the 121GMF. It uses household garbage. Certainly plenty of that here so fuel won't be a problem.

That is hilarious. Autozone took the 87 AMC Delorean off our computer because of this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEhEMFSbRI