• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bandits armed with a sawn-off shotgun and multi-grips robbed service station.

Haz.

A firearms ban and a $500,000,000 buy back has done absolutly nothing in preventing criminals from continuing their trade. If anything it has only enabled them knowing law abiding citizens have been neutered. This is only one of several armed roberies carried out over the past few days.

Read More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...he-central-coast/story-e6freuy9-1226226309830

because of the ever increasing armed robberies being carried out since the firearms ban, Channel 10 showed CTV footage of an armed robber threatening a store owner with a hunting knife and demanding cash. The store owner, ignoring our armed self defence is illegal laws, reached under the counter and pulled out a base ball bat and smashed it onto the counter. The criminal ran like a scalded cat straight out the door cringing in fear. We need more of this here, only instead of base ball bats, firearms must be returned to law abiding citizens, if nothing more than even up the odds of not only being robbed, but killed!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You would think that a government that wants to empower their people and have a strong polite society would be focusing on arming their citizens instead of making them victims.

But it's obvious what they want done to us.

Sorry, I'm preaching to the choir.

Haz.

You would think that a government that wants to empower their people and have a strong polite society would be focusing on arming their citizens instead of making them victims.

But it's obvious what they want done to us.

Sorry, I'm preaching to the choir.

Preach away mate. I'm reading the daily telegraph at the moment and see where the new dictator taking over North Korea has people worried. One Aussie readers comment surprised with by writing this! he said;

"Peter Posted at 7:13 AM Today
Why do the people of North Korea allow this to happen?"

I can only say this! "Because they like the people of China and other communist countires, and Australia, have been DISSARMED mate and cannot do a thing about it.

Just shows how dumed down we really are for the average Joe not to even know or realise this is why they are hamstrung?

45acpForMe

Haz, I just watched the movie "Outlaw" made in 2007. While at first I thought it was taking place in Australia it turns out to be England.

While the movie isn't great it does show frustration building when people live in constant fear because the legal system fails them. The movie shows a very impolite society, or a bunch of spoiled brats knowing that they won't be punished.

If you get a chance, watch the movie and comment on how close you think Australia is to that breaking point. In the extras part of the dvd the producer comments that while he doesn't think his movie is prophetic that he does think that England very well could see that type of behavior in the near future. Again the movie isn't great but does have some good parts and not a storybook ending.

There was a great series of movies (Death Wish) in the USA made back when the country was more Anti-2A and people were getting sick of crime. Charles Bronson will always be known to me for that role. :)