• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Gun Groups and City To Meet At Town Hall

redboneshadow

Monday, June 18, 2012, 7:30 – 9:00pm
Great Hall, enter on 8th Avenue. Free with reservation.

Town Hall Seattle staff, members, and board are deeply shaken and disturbed by the events that took place so close to our offices on May 30th. The other shooting the same day, previous incidents in May, and earlier in the year have caused us great concern. Like all of Seattle, we are trying to process the situation and wonder what we as a community can do to address it. As an institution whose purpose is to create a safe place for the expression of ideas, and which has hosted community conversations on topics including education, Occupy Seattle, artist space, the environment, and more, we can think of no more appropriate response than to gather as a community for a constructive conversation about these events which affect us all. A group of city leaders and citizens–including Mayor Mike McGinn, Councilmember Bruce Harrell and others–will discuss issues of public safety, gun control, mental illness, gangs, and how a community not only stays safe, but heals itself after such tragedies. Presented by Town Hall Seattle.

Have to RSVP per this link: http://townhallseattle.org/public-safety-a-community-conversation/

Thanks to Ray Carter for providing the intel on this. Our gun rights are in jeopardy. Anti-gun groups will be there. Please put the word out to all you know that support the 2nd Amendment. Let's fill the hall and out number them as we did at City hall.
Tickets are free just RSVP To the link

Location of Town Hall is: 1119 8th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
Map located here: http://goo.gl/maps/CB4y

jsanchez

I got my ticket. It would really shut the city's anti gun plans down and Ceasefire's if we filled the place with pro gun people. I personally think that if we take all the seats and express our views and put down their views as irrational as they are, that we can crush there dreams of passing new gun laws for a long long time. This is our chance to crush them and take away their media exposure, momentum, and marketing. To expose them as the cowards they are, with good common sense reasoning. The tickets cost nothing, but you have to RSVP and print your ticket out at home. If you want to crush the anti gunners once and for all, this is a great opprotunity.

You've all read what the bag lady wants to do. They don't see that its the lack of gun that caused all the deaths at cafe racer. A lack of will, a lack of individual preparedness that caused all the death that day. If larry would have had a gun an known how to use it, he could have thrown lead instead of bar stools.

They don't get that the last three massacre's in Seattle, Capital Hill shooting, Jewish Federation center shooting and cafe racer, all happened because there were no good guns there to defend people, and 99 percent of the time the police arrive after the crime is committted.

Know I have attened the last 2 Ceasefire events at Town Hall, both were held in the basement because Ceasefire is a small group. This event will be upstairs in the big room. All the people we love to hate will be on stage. Last time I went to the Ceasefire event at Town Hall, it was me an 1 other pro gun guy ther,. and we beat them up pretty bad. We were nice , polite and beat them with the true facts.
Thats why I say fill the place with pro gun people and bury the anti gunners once and for all with the true facts.

I hope to see Dave Workman there, like he was at the city hall meeting on the parks ban. I hope to see the other leaders of Open Carry there stating their great reasons for being pro gun. And I hope everyone that is pro gun shows up to finish this once and for all. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

DamonK

Got my tickets. I have a thought, may just be pointing out the obvious, but let's make real good and sure that we are all well prepared to present a well thought out solution to the very real gang problem that we have. Also, we need to be prepared to speak to the media. Remember, rudely brushing off a reporter can very well make the news. So let's look presentable, and speak eloquently! And carry a big stick:lol:

retrodad

Reservation made....

I work downtown; would be a shame if I didn't at least make an appearance. RSVP'ed!

Btw, is it safe enough to use one's real name at these discussions? Or are there wankers that intimidate by taking photos, writing down names, and throwing it up online, trolling for more info?

jsanchez

Got my tickets. I have a thought, may just be pointing out the obvious, but let's make real good and sure that we are all well prepared to present a well thought out solution to the very real gang problem that we have. Also, we need to be prepared to speak to the media. Remember, rudely brushing off a reporter can very well make the news. So let's look presentable, and speak eloquently! And carry a big stick:lol:

You are right on with your points. I have killed a gang leader in self defense so I know a little about the subject. I have lived 7 years in Seattle and I know the problem a little and how to solve it. Best thing that can be done right now to stop the gangs is exposure. Make the police dept. and gang unit tell us everything. Who are these gang members and what are the criminal enterprizes they are egaging in. You see SPD is one of the wrost police dept. in the nation, and the mayor picked Chief Diez. I was at the debates and I know this backwards and forwards, and it the best attack on both the anti gun mayor Mc ginn for not knowing what to do and to get rid of Chief Diez. For 30 years Chieft Diez has worked his way to the top of a corrupt organization, and this is a great attack on him and the dept.

Also point out that the police dept. dosen't teach citizens how to shoot and when to shoot, and they need to start. Another great attack point. I personallly have attended all of the safety walks for Mr. Vargus, the gay hairdresser in south seattle, who was jumped by 3 gang members, and at one of the walks the murders showed up to intimadate the walkers, with 3 of his gang members. When I started to press the Lt. John Hays on info on the suspects, Lt. Hays became uncomfortable talking about the description and the gang members promptly left. I hope you guys are starting to see the problem. But thats not all. A few nights later I attended a community meeting at Holy Court housing project. The majority of the people there wanted self defense trainning but the police dept. down played that as vigilantism, and they would not answer the question of who was commiting the violent acts, because it was an open investigation.

So attacking the mayor and the police dept. for failling to communicate the problems facing the city plays into the next step of the argument. Which is the bag lady wanting to hire more cops. This has been a theme in Seattle for the 7 years I lived here,and every politian from the mayor, city council want to do this, but there's a better way. Why spend $100,000 on a cop, when you can spend $400 on a Smith and wesson bodyguard 380 and teach every citizen how to shoot and when to shoot.
And if the criminal dies while committing the crime it saves court cost and $30,000 a year housing him in jail or prison. Its a win, win for everyone.

Look Seattle and Washington State are one of the safest cities and States in the Nation, because of the people and our great gun laws.

I have alot more ammo for this debate, but I'm going to shut up and let someone else doing some talking.

Last edited:

jsanchez

I work downtown; would be a shame if I didn't at least make an appearance. RSVP'ed!

Btw, is it safe enough to use one's real name at these discussions? Or are there wankers that intimidate by taking photos, writing down names, and throwing it up online, trolling for more info?

I'll tell you this, the last Ceasefire meeting at Town Hall one of their guys came over and introduced himself and wanted to know who I was, and I told him. You might want to keep in mind the Seattle Freeze. This is a socail click thing were people are black balled or ostrizied from the in power group for having a different opinion than the group. So if you work in the city, what do you peers at work think about guns and how does that play in the work politics. Just something to keep in mind. They don't have any Intimidators, they have lawyers and high opinion of themselves, but thats it. I can say this, I went to the first ceasefire event and spoke. The second time they had a cop there to protect them, it was pretty funny.

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Outstanding SigGuy23. Way to go. Get all your pro gun friends, its going to be alot of fun. Carpool lane.

I will see who I can drum up. I know and work with people who carry as well and own enough guns to make a base armory look minuscule. We can OC at this meeting right? Just making sure.

jsanchez

The town hall is not publicly funded, correct? Did you guys CC last time?

Yes I did. But I've never asked what their policy is. For this meeting I would hope they would be open to Open carry so I will check.