• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone else anticipate rioting?

Small_Arms_Collector

I posted this in the Michigan section, but I figured it applied to everyone else to.

Dose anyone else anticipate rioting tonight, or in the next few days?

I only live about a mile, and a half from the Northern Detroit border, so if Detroit goes lord of the flies the rioting (and the raping, pillaging, and burning) may well come my way, and I'll find myself in the middle of a hot zone. Which is why I have all my mags loaded, and in an load bearing vest, along with a couple smokes, and I've sharpened my Bayonet, and I just got a new gas mask, and some rations, am I being paranoid, or do you think riots are likely?

skeith5

I doubt there will be any rioting. I am assuming you are talking about the upcoming elections. Yeah, you sound a little paranoid, but I always say the ones that seem paranoid now will be the ones seen as smart when the SHTF.

Scott

Gil223

I didn't hear the sounds of celebration in my area tonight. I didn't "anticipate rioting" unless Obummer lost the election - which he didn't. I did, however, have several weapons (and many mags) loaded, just in case (it's always better to be prepared, than to be taken by surprise). I hope the Republic, and those who believe in it, survive the next 4 years! Pax...

Gil223

Here is one of the losers calling for revolution.

A "revolution" can take many forms. As strong as his wording was, Trump didn't make a call to arms. What we need is a revolution of thought, from John and Jane Q. Public, to those on Capitol Hill. We need to move away from voting straight party tickets - because neither party's plan is right all the time. We need to forget about what is best for ourselves, individually - and think about what is best for the country on the whole. We must not cast our votes based upon any single issue. We will suffer the consequences of such blind selfishness for the next four years... and, perhaps, way beyond that point. Obama won this squeaker, but he had no real mandate. Neither party particularly seems to care what is best for the success of our Republic. They each have their own disparate agenda, which does not incorporate the desires of the people. "Divided we fall", and IMHO, America lost this election. :(

WalkingWolf

A "revolution" can take many forms. As strong as his wording was, Trump didn't make a call to arms. What we need is a revolution of thought, from John and Jane Q. Public, to those on Capitol Hill. We need to move away from voting straight party tickets - because neither party's plan is right all the time. We need to forget about what is best for ourselves, individually - and think about what is best for the country on the whole. We must not cast our votes based upon any single issue. We will suffer the consequences of such blind selfishness for the next four years... and, perhaps, way beyond that point. Obama won this squeaker, but he had no real mandate. Neither party particularly seems to care what is best for the success of our Republic. They each have their own disparate agenda, which does not incorporate the desires of the people. "Divided we fall", and IMHO, America lost this election. :(

Things will not change unless something catastrophic happens, either natural or man made. The majority of people are too comfortable with the shackles of entitlement, and the numbers will not change. The majority of people would rather give up liberty, than let go of the government safety net.

Gil223

Things will not change unless something catastrophic happens, either natural or man made. The majority of people are too comfortable with the shackles of entitlement, and the numbers will not change. The majority of people would rather give up liberty, than let go of the government safety net.

I agree completely, WW. And, the greatest threat to our Republic (and our greatest national fear should be) is that you are correct. :( Pax...

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Oh don't worry I am sure that the West Coast is next. I mean after that wonderful Storm Sandy hit the east coast, yes I believe it was man made or man controlled, it proved that people are too stupid to care for themselves. The Midwest has been hit with fun weather too. Now the West Coast I think will seal the deal.

What method though? Earthquake, storm, volcano, who knows?

Keep your powder dry and watch.

WalkingWolf

Oh don't worry I am sure that the West Coast is next. I mean after that wonderful Storm Sandy hit the east coast, yes I believe it was man made or man controlled, it proved that people are too stupid to care for themselves. The Midwest has been hit with fun weather too. Now the West Coast I think will seal the deal.

What method though? Earthquake, storm, volcano, who knows?

Keep your powder dry and watch.

When I say man made, it would be more along the lines of a severe crash of the economy. As far as natural, Miss Yellowstone will be enough. If she blows the whole west coast will be decimated. Half of the population world wide will perish from extended nuclear winter, most of the US population will perish, government will not be able to cope, and most governments will collapse. It will return most people still surviving to survival of the fittest, and probably burning law books for fuel. Politicians who survive will probably be blamed, and consumed for food.

Freedom1Man

When I say man made, it would be more along the lines of a severe crash of the economy. As far as natural, Miss Yellowstone will be enough. If she blows the whole west coast will be decimated. Half of the population world wide will perish from extended nuclear winter, most of the US population will perish, government will not be able to cope, and most governments will collapse. It will return most people still surviving to survival of the fittest, and probably burning law books for fuel. Politicians who survive will probably be blamed, and consumed for food.

The economy is speeding toward a brick wall! It's going to crash.

As for YellowStone going up, that would be VERY VERY bad it would destroy at least Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Utah

Small_Arms_Collector

An economic collapse I can see, but while Yellowstone will eventually erupt again, it is extremely unlikely to happen anytime in the next 100 years, or even the next millennium, Yellowstone will erupt sometime in the next 10,000 years, the odds of it being this year are about 1 in 10,000.

WalkingWolf

End of Civilization, it would be a new Dark Age (in more ways than one), akin to an asteroid strike.

However like I said the odds are about 1 in 10,000 probably about the same for the asteroid strike.

It could be any number of natural events, I think Yellowstone would probably be the worst. But every time we sink money into storms like Sandy, it brings us closer to a economic collapse.

EMNofSeattle

It could be any number of natural events, I think Yellowstone would probably be the worst. But every time we sink money into storms like Sandy, it brings us closer to a economic collapse.

No problem with Yellowstone, just put a giant chimney going into space over the caldera. All the ash will rise into space and no global cooling and the like so everything will be ok :cool:

EMNofSeattle

The economy is speeding toward a brick wall! It's going to crash.

As for YellowStone going up, that would be VERY VERY bad it would destroy at least Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Utah

what about british columbia? will Nootka sound be far enough away for me to survive in relative isolation? I doubt the canucks will be caring who comes and goes if Yellowstone blows her top