• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in resturant serving alcohol

NC-Heel

true...I know very little about the ABC boards, other than they should not exist.
You are using a plural and saying they, do you believe there is more than one board or local boards? North Carolina does not have local ABC Boards for retail establishments. It is governed on the state level. The Liquor Stores are run by the county they are in and have a Board. Some of the larger cities will have a ABC agents designated in their police department, Charlotte has 2 or 3. They work in conjunction with the state ABC and ALE officers.

Here is the website for the Mecklenburg County ABC board. http://www.meckabc.com/ Notice anything dealing with retail establishments they say to contact Raleigh. I use this site to place my orders.

Last edited:

carolina guy

You are using a plural and saying they, do you believe there is more than one board or local boards? North Carolina does not have local ABC Boards for retail establishments. It is governed on the state level. The Liquor Stores are run by the county they are in and have a Board. Some of the larger cities will have a ABC agents designated in their police department, Charlotte has 2 or 3. They work in conjunction with the state ABC and ALE officers.

Here is the website for the Mecklenburg County ABC board. http://www.meckabc.com/ Notice anything dealing with retail establishments they say to contact Raleigh. I use this site to place my orders.

I (mistakenly) thought that the county boards also supplied the retail shops. Thanks for the clarification.

seaweaver1

trooper46

Slightly off topic, but the way I read this, it appears I can drink and carry on my own property, correct?

HA!

I just spoke to Sargent Earl Austin of the Hillsborough PD and he says it is perfectly fine and concurred w/ the state providing latitude to the establishment owner.

Open Carry w/ chips and salsa at Pueblo Viejo Mexican Restaurant 5pm today Hillsborough.

cw