• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The $2A Bill

eye95

March Hare mentioned passing $2 bills to businesses that favor the 2A. Some of us got together and expanded on the idea, and I think we are really on to something.

The idea is to start using $2 bills instead of $1 bills, marking the "2" in the lower-left corner with an "A," making it say "2A" before passing it, creating as much circulating currency that bears the mark of the Second Amendment as possible. Start watching for them to pass through your hands after they passed through the hands of another 2A supporter.

I passed my first three today, buying (appropriately) a refrigerator magnet with the words, "The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed," on a parchment background. All the bills were marked in the lower-left corner, making them all "Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency).

I picked up $200 worth at the WPFCU and intend to flood the Fairborn, OH area with them.

Wachasay? Wanna give it a go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

carracer

March Hare mentioned passing $2 bills to businesses that favor the 2A. Some of us got together and expanded on the idea, and I think we are really on to something.

The idea is to start using $2 bills instead of $1 bills, marking the "2" in the lower-left corner with an "A," making it say "2A" before passing it, creating as much circulating currency that bears the mark of the Second Amendment as possible. Start watching for them to pass through your hands after they passed through the hands of another 2A supporter.

I passed my first three today, buying (appropriately) a refrigerator magnet with the words, "The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed," on a parchment background. All the bills were marked in the lower-left corner, making them all "Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency).

I picked up $200 worth at the WPFCU and intend to flood the Fairborn, OH area with them.

Wachasay? Wanna give it a go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Mmm, gitchi gitchi ya ya da da

Count me in! Will get some at the bank tomorrow!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I did this back during the counter-protest to support Starbucks. While OCing. The cashier was pretty sharp and picked up on it instantly. (I didn't put an A in the corner, though.)

So, it works.

March Hare

Not my original idea...

Some clarification, I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to hijack someone else's original idea.

I didn't come up with this, I've just been doing it since it came around the first time, during the Starbucks Boycott the antis were putting on.

I just thought I'd mention it since I think it's a good thing and enjoy seeing peoples faces when they see a $2 bill for (usually) the first time!

I will, however, be adding the A to the bill!

Thanks to Eye95 for enhancing a great idea!

-MH

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

new_corner_largestfinal.jpg

eye95

Someone else had a similar idea! Cool.

The differences are that we aren't selling anything (besides an idea) and we are suggesting using the hell outta these bills, not just as tips when one is happy with a coffee shop's attitude toward the 2A.

Both ideas are good, so I encourage everyone to either buy a stamp, tip baristas with Twos stamped in the upper left corner or to use Twos like Ones with an "A" added to the lower left. Or both.

I think the universe is telling us something here!

HearseGuy

"Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency)
<o>

This made me literally LOL

Great idea. I'll try to do the same!

People will say, "a two dolla bill eh? What's dat all aboot?" Lol

Barnett3006

Somebody might be able to write a macro program so that its easy to print stuff in the margins of the $2 bill using your home printer. The Webster quote around the bottom might be a little much...just throwing out an idea, though.

Attachments

• 2bill.jpg
    2bill.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 97

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last edited:

We-the-People

You might not want to take advice from that first link. I've found that if you can't write the English language properly, there's a good chance you're also as sloppy with your research. To quote the "article":

"Paper money is held to different rules then coins, and legally be 'deface' by a user who draws on it or otherwise marks it. There are some things that you cannot due to paper money, however, and that includes:"

Yes, you can call me a grammar Nazi.