• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

D.C. police chief to the public

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"In a stunning reversal of traditional police advice against private citizens taking action in the midst of a crime, District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier acknowledged times, and crimes, have changed and citizens — if they can — should “take down” active shooters in a segment scheduled during the "60 Minutes" broadcast."
http://www.examiner.com/article/d-c...n-active-shooters?CID=examiner_alerts_article

How in the heck is that going to work, when the average private person (resident & non-resident alike) cannot carry when out and about. :banghead:

Last edited:

Shovelhead

How in the heck is that going to work, when the average private person (resident & non-resident alike) cannot carry when out and about. :banghead:

Carry a can of corn....... if it's good enough for the children...........

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/living/feat-students-canned-goods-stop-school-shooters/index.html

(CNN)When is a can of beans more than just a can of beans?

When it's a weapon of self-defense for students to throw at an armed intruder who has just entered their school.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is nothing new, this chief has always advocated carry in recent history, it just naturally follows what he said.

Apparently not the case coming up through the ranks AND have seen nothing recent before this.

BTW - the "he" in this case is a woman.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
head_in_sand.jpg

Everything is OK here.....

since9

Campaign Veteran
"In a stunning reversal of traditional police advice against private citizens taking action in the midst of a crime, District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier acknowledged times, and crimes, have changed and citizens — if they can — should “take down” active shooters in a segment scheduled during the "60 Minutes" broadcast."
http://www.examiner.com/article/d-c...n-active-shooters?CID=examiner_alerts_article

OUTSTANDING!

Start with her outstanding revelation and take it to the adjacent logical conclusion: Allow carry.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder how many would, if they could, stop a frankentruck from smashing into the various buildings housing the top of the country's idiots.

For the children.

If I could, I would likely still be flipping a coin before time expired to where it would do any good. Best out of a thousand.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
CCRKBA challenges D.C. chief to lead on CCW reform

"Reacting to comments from District of Columbia Police Chief Cathy Lanier last night during CBS’ “60 Minutes” that citizens should take down active shooters if possible, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms this morning challenged the chief to help make that possible in the District by leading the charge to reform the city’s restrictive concealed carry law."

"If Lanier is serious about citizens fighting back, she could become a lightning rod for a change in attitude not just in the District, but across the landscape. Her voice could be a loud one among many for common sense reform of restrictive gun laws that have not prevented crimes or protected anyone, and they certainly haven’t stopped active shooters nor will they discourage terrorists."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ccr...ead-on-ccw-reform?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Firearms Iinstuctor

I wonder how many would, if they could, stop a frankentruck from smashing into the various buildings housing the top of the country's idiots.

For the children.

If I could, I would likely still be flipping a coin before time expired to where it would do any good. Best out of a thousand.

One can always come up with a scenario that is impossible to defeat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

For the children.

One can always come up with a scenario that is impossible to defeat.

Agree 100% and doing so is a wasted time & effort.....except as a drill to determine whether it is unlikely/impossible.

I prefer the power of positive stinking........and no that isn't a typo :)

Freedom1Man

They were talking about this for a moment on a idiot radio station today.

Even the idiots on the radio understood that telling citizens to be armed while denying them the right to own guns is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

rightwinglibertarian

i'm trying to work out if you actually believe that. A look at the Constitution might change your mind there

DeSchaine

Have you read through DC's laws, right? Some of the most draconian BS east of the Mississippi. Read Emily Gets Her Gun and you'll see just what a load of crap the DC top cop is spewing right now. The Constitution says they have to allow it, but it doesn't say that can't make it prohibitively difficult and expensive for the common people.