• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbed at knive point

millerkimber1

Recently, i was in colorado springs, platte wal mart, in february. I got a Rx for Morphine, for my schrapnel removal surgery after being blown up in 07. Well, i usually carry, but i was in a hurry and didnt. i served 8 yrs infantry/Sniper. Well I get to my truck and did not see anyone. i open my passenger door, and i get a knive shoved in my back!! i turn around and theres 2 guys, the one says, give me the morphine and keys and wallet, I said, no i will not and he shoved a little harder, Now my military hand to hand training kicks in, and automatically, i grab knive, and turn in around and plant it in his chest. the other guy ran, After hours at police station and after the guy died, it was deemed self defense, but thats why i always always carry now, i usually did, but not always. Now i always do!! remember guys, Always be aware of your surroundings!!! especially when you got something people will kill for!

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Ummm...you pulled a knive (sic) out of your back and plunged it into the assailant's chest and he died and it was all cleared up in a few hours as justified? You didn't require medical attention? He didn't stab you somewhere that hurt and didn't cause potential movement damage?

Please provide information on location, time, date and officers involved for FOIA.

Also...Walmart fills morphine scripts? You're still on morphine after six years?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ummm...you pulled a knive (sic) out of your back and plunged it into the assailant's chest and he died and it was all cleared up in a few hours as justified? You didn't require medical attention? He didn't stab you somewhere that hurt and didn't cause potential movement damage?

Please provide information on location, time, date and officers involved for FOIA.

Also...Walmart fills morphine scripts? You're still on morphine after six years?

Your kidding right?

Nope she's not kidding -actually even without such claim being covered under forum rules, there have been far too many first time posters with extreme tales to let them go unsubstantiated. If true, then no one such be offended or avoid providing the details - it's entirely reasonable. There is more than one thing that doesn't add up as reported.

Also see a sincere lack of situational awareness to let a BG get that close, actually make physical contact, in an open parking lot environment. None of the sniper/ranger/LRR guys I know would sleep-walk through that.

So we wait - a little conformation will go a long way.

j4l

Nope she's not kidding -actually even without such claim being covered under forum rules, there have been far too many first time posters with extreme tales to let them go unsubstantiated. If true, then no one such be offended or avoid providing the details - it's entirely reasonable. There is more than one thing that doesn't add up as reported.

Also see a sincere lack of situational awareness to let a BG get that close, actually make physical contact, in an open parking lot environment. None of the sniper/ranger/LRR guys I know would sleep-walk through that.

So we wait - a little conformation will go a long way.

Indeed. Lot of hokey here. Is it possible? Sure, -since not every "justifiable" defensive kill ends up in a grand jury, much less an arrest.(and certainly not always to something than can be linked to on the web,when asked for by someone in a forum...).but..
As to the S/A.... not many Snipers I know with Situational Awareness poor enough to let 2 street punks get the drop on em that easily.. if this did happen then, shame on you, bro. AND- how did these two know you had obtained morph (if a Wal Mart even handled narcotic perscriptions-most dont) ? Yhey would have had to follow you out of the store, after having been close enough to observe your transaction, no? Something even basic S/A should have alerted you to, since you know darned well street punks would love to get their hands on some morph....

As to the knifing... highly, highly, HIGHLY un-likely. Edged-weapon combatives are something of a particular specialty of mine. 1-strike "kills" with a blade short of sword-types are not at all likely to result in a 1-strike kill.

For all the SD folks who go on and on about "shot placement/penetration" in here, it becomes all the more important with the use of knives -since they strike with nothing even close to handgun bullet velocities, and are rarely of a length that will permit the depth of penetration needed for a vital hit/CNS kill.
Knife fights are nasty, ugly biz- and usually end up involving mulitiple cuts/slashes/thrusts (I've plenty of my own scars from it, to bear that out) to eventually result in a death. Even with the Army's hand-to-hand training (minimal at best, re: actual knife dis-arming/fighting elements).
Hollywood is hollywood. The actual street is certainly NOT Hollywood.

But, more details, and I may give the benefit of a doubt to some of this.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
First rule of a knife fight............your going to bleed. :eek:

Ama Guro Mike Sayoc would undoubted have done as well or better than the OP, but not this humble student of Kali.
Mike would have laughed at him and taken his butter spreader away.

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

Hey OP, you should teach me some of your CQC moves. That way the next time I actually get stabbed, I can pull the knife out like a Terminator and return the favor to my assailants.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You all are a rough bunch. Don't you want to give him a chance to do some 'splainin'?

Fortunately, some people learn and become productive to everyone's lasting credit.

Last edited:

virginian45colt

If it's the truth give the guy a chance. I served in the military as infantry and I'm always aware of my surroundings unless I'm really thinking of other things. Some people lie but when all of you call it a lie I wouldn't respond probably either. Give the guy a chance.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If it's the truth give the guy a chance. I served in the military as infantry and I'm always aware of my surroundings unless I'm really thinking of other things. Some people lie but when all of you call it a lie I wouldn't respond probably either. Give the guy a chance.

No one called it a lie.

Do want verification of the veracity of unusual and strange claims however. Pointing out the inconsistencies and lack of the parts fitting is not to accuse the gentleman of fabrication.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Y'all lay off MillerKimber1!

I just read the opening chapter of his new sci-fi fantasy and enjoyed it immensely.

While OCDO is not well-known in the publishing world, it seems to have gained a small reputation with authors seeking to self-publish serialized works. It's just an adaptation of how some of te folks now considered greats of classic fiction got their start - Dickens, Melville, Moss Hart, Mark Twain, etc.

And for you purists - True Tales of Self Defense vs. True Tales From the Crypt - what's the real difference?

I'm going to make some popcorn to have ready for when the second chapter comes out.

stay safe.

vt800c

why...

was he on the PASSENGER side of the truck? Wouldn't you have used your dominant hand to open the door? if right-handed and opening the passenger side of a truck, your body is half-way into the vehicle. how did he have room to turn around?

and what tape was in the cassette player at the time?

jbone

Additionaly after being released from the police station I decided to pick up the blood trail, yes blood, and not mine. When the second attacker fled the scene leaving his dying crack buddy on the asphalt of Walmart, I had picked up an empty Colt-45 quart bottle and hurdled it at him. Taking in account wind and distance I placed it perfectly on his occipital bone, lacerating the skin as the bottle shattered.

I followed the blood trail for miles, just as I was about to lose hope of ever finding this walmart predator I noticed a speckle of blood on the sidewalk. I smelled it, rubbed it between my fingers, and yes I tasted it. It was blood, and not mine. More splatters led me directly into the community clinic. I entered and asked if anyone had come in seeking aid for a laceration to the back of the head. I was in luck, a nurse confirmed just such a patent, and, give me his room number, my military training paid off one again!

I kicked the door in, and flung the curtain with such fury there was no time for him to react as he laid wimpering over the pain of his 50 stiches. He was shocked, and horrified to see me. But laid real peaceful like when I left.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

Additionaly after being released from the police station I decided to pick up the blood trail, yes blood, and not mine. When the second attacker fled the scene leaving his dying crack buddy on the asphalt of Walmart, I had picked up an empty Colt-45 quart bottle and hurdled it at him. Taking in account wind and distance I placed it perfectly on his occipital bone, lacerating the skin as the bottle shattered.

I followed the blood trail for miles, just as I was about to lose hope of ever finding this walmart predator I noticed a speckle of blood on the sidewalk. I smelled it, rubbed it between my fingers, and yes I tasted it. It was blood, and not mine. More splatters led me directly into the community clinic. I entered and asked if anyone had come in seeking aid for a laceration to the back of the head. I was in luck, a nurse confirmed just such a patent, and, give me his room number, my military training paid off one again!

I kicked the door in, and flung the curtain with suck fury there was no time for him to react as he laid wimpering over the pain of his 50 stiches. He was shocked, and horrified to see me. But laid real peaceful like when I left.

GOOD ONE! I imagine he hasn't replied cause he's out fighting crime somewhere.