• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, should we do monthly meetings?

ep0k

I got to thinking that we've been doing high-visibility public stuff, which is very important, but would it not also be prudent to gather in more of a closed-meeting format semi-regularly?

Just a thought. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what we might accomplish in that kind of setting that we don't do here in the forums, but perhaps there's an angle for more "walk in" or casual traffic?

Thoughts?

jonjon_jon

Maybe a open carry ice fishing party. Maybe meet with some free staters at the Border and celebrate freedom while we still can. What I'm suggesting some event open to all, just for fun once a year. (A kite flying day)?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe a open carry ice fishing party. Maybe meet with some free staters at the Border and celebrate freedom while we still can. What I'm suggesting some event open to all, just for fun once a year. (A kite flying day)?

You still have ice on the lakes? :lol:

I think that you'll find that most all of the events are pretty much open to the public with the caveat of not causing a problem - such determination being made by a select person(s).

A variety of planned events is always good. Perhaps that is in part what is being suggested by having meetings - face-to-face contact will cover a lot more conversational ground in less time than will the time delay of postings. Still the geographic spread of people has to be considered too.

ep0k

You still have ice on the lakes? :lol:

I think that you'll find that most all of the events are pretty much open to the public with the caveat of not causing a problem - such determination being made by a select person(s).

A variety of planned events is always good. Perhaps that is in part what is being suggested by having meetings - face-to-face contact will cover a lot more conversational ground in less time than will the time delay of postings. Still the geographic spread of people has to be considered too.

The geographic spread is the big issue. We're getting bigger, but we're still a small group and we're scattered all over the place. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive between me and Shane, for example.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Smaller local meet-ups while not necessarily formal meetings accomplish the same things.

Sharing of ideas and developing new ones.

Getting to know people on a more personal basis - makes for a stronger organization.

Educating yourself and others - spreading the word.

Whenever two or more are gathered.........

ep0k

any news on monthly meetings? do you have to be a moca member to attend?

xd-over

We're still getting situated with all the college stuff and we plan to be pretty active with that. I can't see us ever restricting meetings to members-only (besides, basic membership will ALWAYS be free). That being said, I'll be putting out a newsletter and some website updates soon articulating the game plan for the future.

crdonov

We're still getting situated with all the college stuff and we plan to be pretty active with that. I can't see us ever restricting meetings to members-only (besides, basic membership will ALWAYS be free). That being said, I'll be putting out a newsletter and some website updates soon articulating the game plan for the future.

awesome! wasnt trying to be a pest, was just wondering. good luck with school.

xd-over