• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Holders -- OC Versus CC

TheQ

An honest poll. Out of all the time you are carrying, approximately what percentage of the time that you are carrying are you OCing? (Rather than concealed).

B

Bikenut

Hmmmmm.... how to answer that one...

Let's see...

I OC 99.something% of the time...

and..

I CC 99.something% of the time.

It is a rare occasion indeed that I am totally unarmed... rare enough to warrant marking it on the calendar!

Bailenforcer

Um what is the point of this thread?

Since I don't keep a diary it would be hard to guess, and it depends on my mission. If it's just going and doing things for myself unrelated to my making a living? Probably 60% open. Related to my income 100% concealed for good reason. This is really a question most people can't answer with any accuracy I am guessing, as I think most people are people first and happen to carry and don't dwell on how much they want to CC or OC. Meaning they don't keep records.

All be it an interesting curiosity.

An honest poll. Out of all the time you are carrying, approximately what percentage of the time that you are carrying are you OCing? (Rather than concealed).

Michigander

Very few people here can say in honesty that they OC at work. Many that don't carry concealed at work.

In my opinion, the better question is how often people OC vs CC away from work.

My life these days is too hectic to put any meaningful numbers down, but I can say for sure that I carry everywhere I can legally.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Very few people here can say in honesty that they OC at work. Many that don't carry concealed at work.

My life these days is too hectic to put any meaningful numbers down, but I can say for sure that I carry everywhere I can legally.

If I carry at work, I OC... because I must. :banghead:

Kovernm

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I CC everywhere I go. I have only OC'd once or twice. I have ment to OC a few times but have chickened out and just CC'd.

EM87

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I CC everywhere I go. I have only OC'd once or twice. I have ment to OC a few times but have chickened out and just CC'd.

Come to an event and OC there! It's a lot easier to get over the initial fear, for lack of a better word, when there are a lot of people around you doing the same thing.

Savage.Detroit

Sorry, I've been AWOL for a while.

Open Carry: About 85% - everywhere except when I am in school or anything church related but those two things do take a lot of my time. I am a full time student, a part time teacher, and do a lot of church stuff.

Conceal Carry in church. 5%

Unarmed cause of retarded PFZ in school: 10%

eastmeyers

Before I got hurt, :( I OCed everyday at work. I think if I didn't they might fire me. LOL Also CC, pocket, and ankle.