• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw my first "No Concealled Weapon" sign

Comm

I was with my oldest daughter searching for a car for her, when we stopped at Don Jacobs in Lexington. After we test drove a new VW Jetta, the salesman told us to pull the car next to the service bay. Upon exiting, I saw the sign with No Conceal Weapons allowed posted on the bay door. I pointed it out to the salesman who said.. "I know"... so I said well if I cannot carry my weapon inside, then I might as well take my business, and money elsewhere. The salesman handed me his card, and said to call him, and I said I would not come back as long as that sign is there. Sadly my daughter who was really hoping to get the car wasn't too happy with me then.:(

slocav

I was with my oldest daughter searching for a car for her, when we stopped at Don Jacobs in Lexington. After we test drove a new VW Jetta, the salesman told us to pull the car next to the service bay. Upon exiting, I saw the sign with No Conceal Weapons allowed posted on the bay door. I pointed it out to the salesman who said.. "I know"... so I said well if I cannot carry my weapon inside, then I might as well take my business, and money elsewhere. The salesman handed me his card, and said to call him, and I said I would not come back as long as that sign is there. Sadly my daughter who was really hoping to get the car wasn't too happy with me then.:(

I don't blame ya at all man. Your daughter can get a car else where. Anti gun stores can suck it.

DocWalker

Just sent an email message to your favorite car dealer.

Hello,

I have a question about your policy to restrict law abiding citizens from carrying a concealed weapon legally. I was informed your company has a sign restricting such legal activity. As a USAF veteran of 23 years I have a concern that your company is against the 2ND amendment and the US Constitution. I understand it is your right to have any policy you wish but I will be wrighting an article for the Veterans news paper, the Military newspapers and spreading your attitude toward honest law abiding citizens and their rights, guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States of America. The Country and Constitution my fellow Veterans and I have fought to protect. Please let me know if you change your anti-American policy of restricting concealed carry to all legal, law-abiding citizens. I will then spread the word that your dealerships are no longer NOT RECOMMENDED for doing business with.

Thank you

Signed

Last edited:

Brian D.

Doc, don't forget to send a copy of the receipt to that posted dealership when you make a purchase elsewhere. For best results hand it to the sales or general manager.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

Hello,

I have a question about your policy to restrict law abiding citizens from carrying a concealed weapon legally. I was informed your company has a sign restricting such legal activity. As a USAF veteran of 23 years I have a concern that your company is against the 2ND amendment and the US Constitution. I understand it is your right to have any policy you wish but I will be writing an article for the Veterans newspaper, the Military newspapers and spreading the word about your attitude toward honest law abiding citizens and their rights, guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States of America, and the Country and Constitution my fellow Veterans and I have fought to protect. Please let me know if you change your anti-American policy of restricting concealed carry to all legal, law-abiding citizens. I will then spread the word that your dealerships are no longer NOT RECOMMENDED for doing business with.

Thank you

Signed

Couple corrections, clarifications. HTH

rescue743

Another No Concealled Weapons sign

In albany we have an Exxon that does not allow concealed weapons. The Burger King which is attached to the Exxon has the same sign. Everyone knows me here. Anybody want to send a letter or contact head offices?

reefteach

5/3 Bank

5/3 Bank is a Cincinnati based company. The branches in Norhern Kentucky post gunbuster signs which state that they are posted "In accordance with Ohio Revised Code section 2923".
Good Job 5/3.

Last edited:

rescue743

5/3 Bank is a Cincinnati based company. The branches in Norhern Kentucky post gunbuster signs which state that they are posted "In accordance with Ohio Revised Code section 2923".
Good Job 5/3.

You said northern Kentucky? Since when do businesses in ky have to follow Ohio laws?

neuroblades

Goodwill stores have the same signage on them as well. When I encounter it, I just open carry! They've seen my sidearm many times and have yet to say a single word for or against it.

mem1977

I always open carry my gun even into businesses that have "No Concealed Weapons" signs. It just means that they wish your gun to not be hidden. At least that's how I take it. I haven't had any problems at all.

:banana::monkey:lol:

Lthrnck

5/3

5/3rd is based in Cincinnati,

They bought all their signs from a Ohio based sign company and they were printed for Ohio.

They sent the packages to KY offices.

My best guess.

Gunslinger

I always open carry my gun even into businesses that have "No Concealed Weapons" signs. It just means that they wish your gun to not be hidden. At least that's how I take it. I haven't had any problems at all.

:banana::monkey:lol:

I would too. If it meant no weapons, CC or OC, I'd go elsewhere, otherwise just stick my shirt behind the holster.

Gunslinger

Good to know business is so good they can refuse service to a customer.

raddiver

Huddle House in Brandenburg

No concealed weapons signage posted at the Huddle House in Brandenburg.
I suspect its the same for the one in Radcliffe also.

It really doesn't make sense to me considering its open 24/7.

Comm

Saw my 2nd sign at Hooters in Lexington

I was stopping by to eat at one of America's favorite restaurants, and saw the NO concealed or Deadly weapons sign on the door. I went it, and sat down, and when the waitress came up, I gave her one of my "No weapons, No money card" and asked if she would give it to the manager. She said she would, and took it right away. After a few minutes, the manager came out and asked me if I was carrying, and I said no, I'm not allowed to in here!
He said it was because the girls did not like to see guns on people who are drinking.
I don't think Hooters falls under the 51% rule, or maybe i'm wrong, but I told the manager I would not eat there as long as the sign remained, and he thanked me shook hands, and said he was sorry.
So, my question... does Hooters fall under the 51% rule? and if not, I feel we should send out a letter to the company.

09jisaac

I was stopping by to eat at one of America's favorite restaurants, and saw the NO concealed or Deadly weapons sign on the door. I went it, and sat down, and when the waitress came up, I gave her one of my "No weapons, No money card" and asked if she would give it to the manager. She said she would, and took it right away. After a few minutes, the manager came out and asked me if I was carrying, and I said no, I'm not allowed to in here!
He said it was because the girls did not like to see guns on people who are drinking.
I don't think Hooters falls under the 51% rule, or maybe i'm wrong, but I told the manager I would not eat there as long as the sign remained, and he thanked me shook hands, and said he was sorry.
So, my question... does Hooters fall under the 51% rule? and if not, I feel we should send out a letter to the company.

If you're talking about a business that makes more than 50% of its yearly profit from food and seats more than 50 in its dining area, probably. When they apply for a liquor license they have to specify if they're going to make more of their money from food (restaurant) or if they're going to get more from liquor and just sale some food (bars).

**Its not 51% its more than 50%**

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/244-00/125.PDF

gravedigger

Arguing "I'm going to tell all of my friends not to shop at your store!" weakens your argument. It is immature and ineffective. It is better to simply speak for yourself.

What about a general letter that can be printed and distributed as these signs are seen?

"To Whom This May Concern,

I am a law abiding citizen of the United States of America in good standing. I am also a strong supporter of businesses that respect the inalienable God-given rights acknowledged by (NOT "granted by") the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Among those, you will find the Second Amendment which, despite the best efforts of America's enemies to twist it's meaning, clearly states that a law-abiding citizen has the right to keep and bear arms, and that right shall not be infringed.

I regularly open carry or concealed carry a loaded firearm for personal defense as well as for the defense of my family members and friends in accordance with the law. I am not required to justify my decision to exercise my second amendment right, just as you do not need to justify your decision to exercise of any of your rights to me. I am no threat to you, or to any patron of your business unless by one's actions, a situation arises which I determine to be life-threatening.

I also love this country, and therefore I have chosen to spend my money at businesses that not only respect the second amendment, but also display the American flag prominently on their premises.

It has come to my attention that a sign is displayed on your property stating that lawful carriers of personal defense firearms whether carried openly or concealed according to the laws of the state in which your business is located are not welcomed onto your property. As the owner of that business that is certainly your right. As a free citizen, it is my right to take my money and patronage elsewhere. I will again consider patronizing your business when I see that this restriction has been removed.

Sincerely,

Law-abiding American Citizen and Gun Owner"