• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this correct?

rugerr1

Ok been reading a lot on here and other sites. I live in north mobile county around the saraland area. I have had my cc since I turned 21, just recently found out that there is oc in Alabama with out special permits, and havent done so because I wasnt sure I had the facts straight so if you guys wouldnt mind let me know if this is correct please.

1. I can open carry on foot properly holstered and loaded with the mag in the gun,in public(examples.....Walmart,Target, Bestbuy, the mall , movie theater etc...as long as there are no signs on the door of said buisness that prohibit guns on the premises?)

2. I can walk the streets of mobile as long as there are no political or public event(mardi gras) properly holsterd loaded mag in gun?

3. I can NOT have a oc in my vehicle with out my cc permit ?

I would greatly like the feed back to let me know if I am 100% correct in this, and also anyone that is in Saraland let me know please the attitude of SPD on open carry because they, some of them have a rep has a hard case. Thanks

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
First off, welcome aboard. You will find a wealth of information on these forums. Since your question is state-related, I suggest you pose your question in the Alabama forum. That should spark a number of responses for you.

Again, welcome.

SFCRetired

Ok been reading a lot on here and other sites. I live in north mobile county around the saraland area. I have had my cc since I turned 21, just recently found out that there is oc in Alabama with out special permits, and havent done so because I wasnt sure I had the facts straight so if you guys wouldnt mind let me know if this is correct please.

1. I can open carry on foot properly holstered and loaded with the mag in the gun,in public(examples.....Walmart,Target, Bestbuy, the mall , movie theater etc...as long as there are no signs on the door of said buisness that prohibit guns on the premises?)

A sign on the door has no legal significance in Alabama and I have very rarely seen one. However, looking for one and then not entering if it is there can save you the hassle of being given a trespass warning. Other than that, yes, you can carry holstered and loaded. I carry my Springfield Armory .45 cocked and locked with a round in the chamber.

2. I can walk the streets of mobile as long as there are no political or public event(mardi gras) properly holsterd loaded mag in gun?

My understanding is that the law reads "demonstration". I am not sure how that would apply to a political rally or Mardi Gras. I do know that the last time I went to Mardi Gras, things were just a tad violent and got downright dangerous. Swore I'd never go back. I would suggest that you check Alabama Open Carry. com as there is a wealth of information on Alabama-specific law there.

3. I can NOT have a oc in my vehicle with out my cc permit ?

To carry in your vehicle, you must have a pistol license, which is a permit to carry concealed.

I would greatly like the feed back to let me know if I am 100% correct in this, and also anyone that is in Saraland let me know please the attitude of SPD on open carry because they, some of them have a rep has a hard case. Thanks

Been a long time since I lived in Mobile County (born and raised there) so I am not up on LEA's attitudes. Again, post here on the Alabama sub-forum and check out AlabamaOpenCarry.com.

rugerr1

Thanks guys, I moved my question into the AL section so hopefully I will get some more local feed back. Thanks again.