• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a "Stink Eye" hurled at me Saturday.

GWbiker

After leaving LGS, I stopped at "Beyond Bread" on Speedway for a late lunch. Beyond Bread is a trendy sandwich shop inhabited by mostly liberal minded folks who surf the free Internet, drink coffee and jabber to each other and as a bonus they leave me and my handgun alone. The food is good, inexpensive and I've OC there for past few years without incident.

Today, an Asian couple took special interest in my LCR holstered in cross draw fashion. Male Asian walked up to me from behind and glanced at the Ruger. I quickly put my elbow against the holster and he scurried off.

Went to my table with food, coffee and turned on my netbook to check email.

For next 20-30 minutes both gave me the "Stink Eye" until they left.

I'm guessing they were from California.

azcdlfred

After leaving LGS, I stopped at "Beyond Bread" on Speedway for a late lunch
I visit the Beyond Bread on Campbell regularly. I prefer their sandwich bread to the grocery store stuff. I usually have lunch when I'm there to pick up a couple of loaves of my favorite bread.

The Campbell location is closer to the University and packed with hard core snooty lefties eating sandwiches and sipping lattes while praising Dear Leader 0bama.

I always open carry when I'm there. So far, no "stink eye." I carry a Model 21 Glock (the full sized .45 ACP pistol) "balanced" by a spare magazine on my support side.

As an FYI, awhile back an "open carry" dinner was held at one of the Beyond Bread locations. They may lean left but they don't post a "no firearms" sign and their food is very good.

Fred

Last edited:

GWbiker

I visit the Beyond Bread on Campbell regularly. I prefer their sandwich bread to the grocery store stuff. I usually have lunch when I'm there to pick up a couple of loaves of my favorite bread.

The Campbell location is closer to the University and packed with hard core snooty lefties eating sandwiches and sipping lattes while praising Dear Leader 0bama.

I alway open carry when I'm there. So far, no "stink eye." I carry a Model 21 Glock (the full sized .45 ACP pistol) "balanced" by a spare magazine on my support side.

As an FYI, awhile back an "open carry" dinner was held at one of the Beyond Bread locations. They may lean left but they don't post a "no firearms" sign and their food is very good.

Fred

I attended that OC dinner, too. As I recall, some woman at the "Italian Spoken Here" sign table later threw a snit within a letter to the editor in Daily Star.
Fortunately, nothing progressed further. Some weeks later, I spoke with BB manager (young female) about the newspaper article and she suggested we keep OC meets in her restaurant to smaller group. Probably to satisfy Obama worshipers?

Late edit: I received word that new IHOP in Sierra Vista is posted. Female manager claims it's "Corporate Policy"....which is BS.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The title of this tread makes me think of Indiana Jones running down a tunnel with a giant eyeball rolling behind him...

Run for your lives, here comes the hairy eyeball!

GWbiker

Just out of curiosity, were they East Asian (what we used to call "Oriental") or South Asian?

I have no idea. As I recall they were well dressed, so I'm guessing one or both were UOA faculty members or they were tourists from Kommyforynia.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I hope you smiled and winked, maybe gave a wave.

It really messes with their hateful heads when you do that.

It is even better to learn a foreign language and go talk to them with it... Act like you're offering them money for something, never specify what...

I love screwing with degenerates. Especially well-dressed degenerates.

Malcolm

Kalifornians......

Sucks to hear you got the stink eye. being Asian and all, they should've known better; it's not polite to stare. Haven't been to beyond bread yet. I OC to Safeway about 3x a week. Never have a problem. As for college kids go. I never pay them much mind. It's hard to entertain someone's opinion about life who's barely lived theirs. It worries me sometime that the voting age is 18 though.