• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small victory in Saint Clair, MI regarding preemption

PDinDetroit

Nope, The Royal Oak situation played out very well for us, personally I believe that our fight and win there has shown our determination for our cause. Also I believe it has greatly helped cities to look at the issue and just fold when we bring a Pre-emption issue before them. When they pushed so did we, with excellent results! Record numbers at AB&E despite the nay - sayers! No Royal Oak worked heavily in our favor!

I firmly believe that our efforts in Royal Oak about Arts, Beats, & Eats Firearm Carry Issue were directly rewarded with Michigan State Police Legal Update #86. We actually were very consistent in that we asked the City Commission to work with us, not against us. There were far more "arrows in the quiver" should have actually decided to "push back". I, for one, am glad it did not come to that.