• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What makes Giffords qualified to speak about gun control??

bebop4one

Just got off the phone, I too was told that is was the decision of the committee in charge of the bill to invite Giffords and that Rep. Jenkins had nothing to do with it. She told me that Giffords actually only talked for like 90 seconds or so, I reminded her that, just because she's not the one speaking doesn't mean she's not the one being represented with the time. If my lawyer is the one speaking for me at trial, I'm still being represented by his words. Told her I felt it was inconsiderate to Washingtonians for someone from out of state and that would even be subject to such a law would be speaking in opinion of it, and it was a complete wait of the voters time and money.

She wasn't rude, but was definitely happy to argue with me.

She's probably sitting in her office thinking "Who are these people?"

I'm glad we could call and let her know we weren't happy with that decision. Maybe Rep. Jenkins will catch wind of it.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

I'm curious if anyone brought up the fact at the hearing that Gabby's shooter passed the background check. The law she's testifying for wouldn't have even remotely changed the outcome that supposedly makes her an expert.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Apparently Rep. Jenkins, the Judiciary chairwoman, invited her to come speak. I called up Jenkin's office to complain that an out of state resident was given over 10 minutes of testimony time while mere WA citizens were given a sparse 90 seconds, and many WA taxpayers who were PAYING FOR THE HEARING were not able to testify because of an out of state resident sucking up all that time.

I was cut off-mid sentence by her legislative aide, Lynda Foster, and told that she would not listen to me "insult" Gabby Giffords and she was going to hang up on me, then she disconnected me.

Apparently calling Gabby Giffords an out of state resident is an insult. And I being a mere WA taxpayer am not worth listening to.

If you have some time, call up Jenkin's office and let them know how you feel about it. It doesn't matter if she isn't your district's Rep., as committee chair of the Judiciary Committee she represents all of the state in that role.

(360) 786-7930

A bit off topic, but, why is anybody surprised by this?

If I hire a convicted fraudster as my accountant, do I have any right to be surprised if he takes off with the pension fund?

In that same vein, the so-called government rules people without their consent. That is to say, they expressly claim jurisdiction over every single equal person in their territory, and intend to make that person comply in spite of his refused consent.

You're dealing with a person who has demonstrated his total willingness to make other equals comply in spite of even their refused consent. Why on earth would anybody be surprised when they diss him or prove they don't really think of themselves as servants?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm curious if anyone brought up the fact at the hearing that Gabby's shooter passed the background check. The law she's testifying for wouldn't have even remotely changed the outcome that supposedly makes her an expert.

Proof that one should have to pass a background check !

Oh wait....crap...

LarryM

"Carpetbagger" is a term that comes to mind;

Those two are nothing but political hacks bought and paid for by an East Coast influence peddler and rabid anti-American leftist...

Never ceases to amaze me how low in the sewer liberals will sink....