• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand removal of Lamar billboard

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While this billboard was seen in Illiniois, the reaction to it is typical of the campaigns that the hoplophobic mom's have attempted to wage across the country.

9i6wx2.jpg

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...billboard-company-apple-pie-lamar-advertising

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Regardless of how you feel about the SlideFire product, it is good to see them doing their part to normalize firearms. Lamar Advertising is also taking heat for having agreed to put the ad up on one of their billboards. Please consider contacting them at http://www.lamar.com/About/Support/ContactUs to thank them for agreeing to put up the ad or to thank them for not buckling under the pressure of the hoplophobe mobs.

stay safe.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
While this billboard was seen in Illiniois, the reaction to it is typical of the campaigns that the hoplophobic mom's have attempted to wage across the country.

9i6wx2.jpg

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...billboard-company-apple-pie-lamar-advertising

Good that the billboard company is protecting the advertiser's 1st Amendment rights, letting the hoplophobes know that they don't have the right to censor the advertisement of legal products just because they are "offended." I find it's particularly useful that the "Moms" group took offense because the ad replaced them in the old line, "As American as baseball, apple pie and Moms..." with a modern sporting rifle...

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Lamar is posting this ad on billboards across the country, but it's particularly upsetting that children in Chicago, a city that has struggled horribly with gun violence, are being exposed to such a harmful message," the group said in a news release. from link above

She's a liar ... chicago has had not problem struggling with gun violence....the unarmed society has plenty; perhaps the mommy wants more...

Rusty Young Man

So Moms Demand Control Over Others strikes again.

Funny how the one makes the argument that this is somehow a harmful message to the kids of Chicago. I don't see the sign telling anyone to commit any crime, yet these "moms" have advocated for arresting the concerned citizens that counter protest their statist rallies.
You should have heard what some of them whispered towards or about me at one of the events they had down here in Tucson.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What is it that protects baseball, apple pie, moms (even the ones that lie)? (rhetorical)

Hope we see these billboards in and around Virginia. Governor McAwful would just love that. :lol: