• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Media running cover for deputy? Quotes job application

Jeff. State

Banned
Story out of Kentucky. Last Saturday a deputy shot and killed a woman leaving a "field party", after he jumped on the hood of her car and then "feared for his life.

NEVER have I seen a media outlet include someone's self promotion on a job application as showing what a "good man" he is.

Boone County Sheriff Michael Helmig ordered a full investigation of the incident.
Brockman, a Boone County deputy since 2010, was placed on administrative leave Saturday -- which is protocol in deputy-involved shootings.
Visitation for Ramsey is Friday from 3 to 8 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Ludlow. Her funeral is Saturday at 10 a.m.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-details-of-nky-woman-shot-killed-by-officer

--Moderator edited for multiple FUQ violations--

Last edited by a moderator:

onus

There was no lawful reason to stop the car in the first place.

Jeff. State

Banned
Grapeshot, can you clear this up regarding "Stories from the States"? I was under the belief this area was strictly for OC discussion?

Why do you keep moving Social Lounge threads to the State section?

willy1094

There has been nowhere near enough information provided to make ANY call on this. I can tell you this, if someone tries to hit me with their car I would surely take that as threat against my life. As far as an unlawful stop on the vehicle, please clue us all in as to how you determined that.

Jeff. State

Banned
There has been nowhere near enough information provided to make ANY call on this. I can tell you this, if someone tries to hit me with their car I would surely take that as threat against my life. As far as an unlawful stop on the vehicle, please clue us all in as to how you determined that.

Multiple witness' have stated the deputy jumped onto the hood of her car, not to avoid her but to stop her. COMPLETELY against all protocols to ensure officer safety.

He put his own life at risk and then killed the driver to "save himself and others".

The deputies lack of appropriate training or stupidity cost this girl her life.

Negligent Homicide should be the least of the charges.

Jeff. State

Banned
Editing removed the Title relevant portion of the OP.

News outlet quotes Deputie's job application to show what a "great guy" he is. A Funeral Home President as a character witness as well, how ironic................

""In a 2009 application for employment with the Boone County Sheriff's Office, Brockman described himself as a “highly-motivated and focused individual with creative problem solving skills and outstanding interpersonal communication skills.”
Brockman spent several years preparing for the U.S. Marine Corps before joining the Boone County Sheriff’s Office, but had to come home due to an injury, according to his application.
“I am a rock solid, highly dependable individual with no personal issues to take to a job,” Brockman said in his application. “I have a squeaky clean record. I am a highly motivated, detail-oriented and goal-driven individual. I will NEVER give up.”
Brockman received a glowing recommendation from Linnemann Family Funeral Homes President G. Guy Linnemann.
Linnemann called Brockman a man of character and exceptionally intelligent.
"He is wise beyond his years,” Linnemann said. “And he will make an excellent police officer."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot, can you clear this up regarding "Stories from the States"? I was under the belief this area was strictly for OC discussion?

Why do you keep moving Social Lounge threads to the State section?
If the event is state specific, it only belongs in the individual state sub-forum. A thread like this has nothing to do with OC, little to do with RKBA except possible connection to Use of Force, tries to lead us to a conclusion before an investigation is complete = not good practice.

Moving threads - I am not the only one with that capacity.

IMO - the Social Lounge is being utilized in a way never intended.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
My opinion.....and mine alone.
Democratic Government law being enforced by the power that comes from the barrel of a gun.
As a citizen of Kentucky I'm sickened by the action taken by the deputy that night. A 19 year old girl is dead....for non compliance.
The attitude of fellow Kentuckians also cause me to hang my head. As a father of 4 Am I now forced to explain to my children that in the great Commonwealth is a police state with no rights to speak of ?
It is excepted practice that the act of non compliance is punishable (no trial, no judge, no jury) by DEATH ?
This Young women went to a party made a bad decision. Should that really coast her (her) life?
Should you be able to jump on a hood of a teenager leaving a party get SCARED the shoot into the vehicle 4 time ?
Courage is not he abstinence of fear but rather facing that fear and making the right decision. Shooting into a vehicle full of teenagers is not the right decision. hitting the driver killing her.
And might I putting yourself in a stupid position then claiming self defense is not accepted in the law that binds CCDW holders in this state.
State sponsored murder is still murder.
my heart goes out to the Family.
Here in my town about 6 years a go a friend was having a bipolar episode....very frightened. his wife called for an ambulance...it never showed up. instead 2 KSP officers an 2 County Deputes were sent. 4 cops pulling up scared him worse. he headed for the basement to hide. (Remember Bi Polar episode)....2 state boys went down an he never came back up. Murdered him in in own basement scared, needing medical help.
Paragraphs, proper spelling, and good punctuation are your friends.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not worth even posting. sorry my literature skills are lacking.
ADIOS
♠outlaw♠

Presume you were not just writing for your own benefit. Seems to me that it makes sense to help get your message across, but I guess taking the time to delete is easier than taking the time to make paragraphs - shesh.

willy1094

Multiple witness' have stated the deputy jumped onto the hood of her car, not to avoid her but to stop her. COMPLETELY against all protocols to ensure officer safety.

He put his own life at risk and then killed the driver to "save himself and others".

The deputies lack of appropriate training or stupidity cost this girl her life.

Negligent Homicide should be the least of the charges.

Witness accounts are never biased are they? Let's take in account all the witness that call in a MWAG that is out trying to scare people. So, just to be clear, witnesses are inaccurate as long as their account is against someone that is carrying but always 100% accurate when it is an account against what happened behind flashing LED and flood lights (in the witnesses' eyes) on a pitch black street. I also guess no one knows that if an ANYONE steps out in front of your car you can just slam on the gas and keep going. That was not the officer's first attempt to get the car to stop.

No sir, even if the officer carries fault it was the girl's poor choices that got her killed. I would hope we all agree that it is common sense to not hit the accelerator if ANYONE steps out in front of your vehicle. Just to bring it back onto a RKBA'ish topic, a car IS a deadly weapon and you have a right to defend yourself against a deadly weapon. She might as well have pointed a gun.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Witness accounts are never biased are they?.

LEO's accounts are never biased are they????????

Funny, plenty of input here defending the LEO, from his Dept., etc. yet, THEY WEREN'T THERE!!!!!

The witness' say he jumped on her car, I BELIEVE THEM!

Jeff. State

Banned
No sir, even if the officer carries fault it was the girl's poor choices that got her killed. I would hope we all agree that it is common sense to not hit the accelerator if ANYONE steps out in front of your vehicle.

He was beside her vehicle, NOT in front, THE EYEWITNESS' stated as much.

If you removed your blue tinted glasses, you may see things from a CITIZENS POV.

Stay Safe, "brother"

willy1094

He was beside her vehicle, NOT in front, THE EYEWITNESS' stated as much.

If you removed your blue tinted glasses, you may see things from a CITIZENS POV.

Stay Safe, "brother"

No tinted glasses here "brother". Trust me, I know there are shady things some officer do first hand. I just do not (try not to) carry that bias around with me and judge things based on information I have at hand. I know the area where this occurred and I find it JUST as hard to believe the account of bystanders watching what happened with lights glaring in their face. Fact of the matter is that the officer was very clear that he wanted the car to stop. Yes he was beside the car while in the camera's frame. No one can tell how far he made it since that happened off camera. Yes, police are biased but eye witness are very unreliable. All I can say for sure is that, had the girl obeyed the order to stop there is no doubt she would still be alive.

DocWalker

Brockman received a glowing recommendation from Linnemann Family Funeral Homes President G. Guy Linnemann.
Linnemann called Brockman a man of character and exceptionally intelligent.
"He is wise beyond his years,” Linnemann said. “And he will make an excellent police officer."

He is just saying that for sending buisness his way....smells of kickbacks...(sick Paramedic humor)

Brian D.

Girl poor choice = girl killed.
Cop poor choice = girl killed.

I live not too far away from where the incident took place. Like many here I tend to pay a decent amount of attention to such situations when they are local in nature, always have. Still under investigation, but right now my take on it is similar to what you expressed.