• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossbreed vs Max tuck?

Super Trucker

Well, I guess that's that. So much for Skid's idea (which I think is reasonable). I really don't care either way, they are still great holsters.

Great compared to what? Surely you can not think it is better then the holster it was copied from?

As a side note, the holsters he sells to KAHR for them to sell in their online store, do not have the cross stamped into the leather.
The owner of KAHR is a family member of the founder of a different religious group.
So it appears that when big orders are made, somebodies beliefs suddenly go out the window. Coincidence?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Great compared to what? Surely you can not think it is better then the holster it was copied from?

As a side note, the holsters he sells to KAHR for them to sell in their online store, do not have the cross stamped into the leather.
The owner of KAHR is a family member of the founder of a different religious group.
So it appears that when big orders are made, somebodies beliefs suddenly go out the window. Coincidence?

Great as in comfortable and functional compared to other IWB holsters I have used.

The second part I didn't know about. I'd be interested to see what the owner would say if directly questioned about it. Perhaps I will fire off an email.

GuidoZ

I honestly didn't get a Crossbreed for the reason of the symbols as well. That said, I also didn't like the fact that you had to modify it (or pay to have it "factory modified") with the combat cut to get a better draw. I ordered a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC and love it. The clips are quite strong (I've tried to break them with pull/push force on my belt - I ordered an extra set with it), and though they bend, they haven't ever made me nervous. I've got pics of mine somewhere on here...

--
Peace. ~G

Damiansar-15

I agree on Comp-tac

I suggest going on youtube and looking at comparison videos of the hybrid holsters...you will definitely see quality differences. Also, Crossbread metal clips can stretchout and become non-functional.... Comp-tac blows them all away

For being so religious, I am surprised inbread holsters ripped off such innovators in Texas like Tucker Leather and Comp-tac by copying their designs...

imalookin60

Unbelievable Thread

I was looking for info on another IWB holsters and came across this forum. It amazes me that the chat went from holsters to religion. Who cares. For a bunch of gun loving people some of you are awfully intolerant. Sounds more like a bunch of liberals who don't like something and want to ban it; ie crosses on a couple of clips. Again, who cares! If you don't like it for that reason don't buy it, but leave the choice up to each individual rather than trying to get a company to change things because a few don't like it.

By the way I just received a High Noon Alter Ego IWB Tuckable for my Glock 19. Great holster. I like it. Now get out there and practice your draw and your shooting, or not. Again, your choice!
PS: Anyone have first hand experience with the MaxTuck by White Hat Holsters--www.whitehatholsters.com. I'm considering that one also.

Fisherman

This would be one reason that persuaded me to try the cross breed holster, and then I purchased a second one.

Too bad this software doesn't have a thumbs up button for posts. Anyway, "Thumbs Up Brother!"

oak1971

I just picked up a holster from Cleavland's and placed another order immediately. Its good product at a good price and he was a pleasure to deal with. He made me a mag holster while I waited. You can't beat that.

Oh and please take the cross bashing to the proper forum. This isn't it.

Bennyoct14

Crossbreed cross

It's has nothing to do with religion to me, the Crosses that is, it just that it brings attention to the fact that your wearing a IWB holster. The whole idea of concealment is to not bring attention to yourself. At least thats my thought! I also contacted Crossbreed about an option on a plain clip and was told thats the only clip they offer. Good thing there are plenty of other really good IWB holsters out there to choose from with plain clips :)

Benny

TexasT

Update on MaxTuck Horsehide Colors

Howdy, this is Tony from White Hat Holsters. just want to clarify, becuae I have been contacted several times from this thread and there is a little confusion. our hoslters do NOT come with plastic clips. That comment was referring to the Minotaur which does have plastic clips. Our standard hoslter comes with spring steel plain black metal clips. If I can provide any further info, please let me know. I would encourage you to try it out and if you dont like it you have 2 weeks to send it back for a full refund. Thanks for checking us out. Have a great day! We look forwrad to working FOR you in the near future!

Howdy folks,

We've gotten a couple questions related to this thread so I thought an update was in order. The Horsehide now comes in Natural tan or Jet black as a base model at no extra charge also combat cut is still (and always will be) a free option. We do not offer it in brown as a base model any more. We do still offer the Antique black or brown for $5.00 more. Thanks. Be safe out there. :)

Gil223

The purpose of a holster is FUNCTION! Why does anybody give a rat's ass about adornments that have absolutely nothing to do with function? Especially when those adornments are discreet or, in my case, completely hidden? I've been wearing a Crossbreed SuperTuck for over 4 years, and it is the most comfortable concealment holster I have ever worn. I prefer it over any of my 34 other holsters. When I ordered my SuperTuck the cross was embossed on the leather - nobody sees it when I'm wearing it! It was made for my Glock 17, but it also carries my G23, G26 and Kahr K9 securely, yet allows them to remain easily accessible for a quick presentation... and THAT'S the bottom line for any holster. I don't care if it has the Star of David on it, or a picture of Mickey Mouse - if it works, it works. If the cross bothers anybody that much, then order one with the "V Clip" option ($10) which goes behind your belt, attaches with velcro, and is totally invisible. Don't let your personal prejudices allow you to overlook what, in my opionion, is the best IWB holster made. Check it out! To eliminate it from consideration because of an adornment is like "throwing the baby out with the bath water".

Besides, this is an OC forum, and the SuperTuck is an IWB holster made mainly for CC (or at least discreet carry). If you want to be really BOLD about OC, then wear a tactical thigh rig! Pax...

KDaubert

I am curious if anyone on here has used the Max Tuck holster by White hat holsters. I was looking at getting the croosbreed supertuck, and was doing some looking online and came across the max tuck. It looks to be almost identical to the crossbreed supertuck deluxe with the combat cut. It even comes in horsehide. I was thinking about the max tuck because you can change out the kydex part of the holster for different guns. Extra Kydex peices are 20$ versus another 80$ for a whole new holster. I was just curious if anyone owned one and what they thought of it before I buy one.

I have/use a max tuck holster and I love it. I'm able to draw and holster my weapon without any difficulty. Last spring I was with my (future) in-laws while wearing it and no one knew otherwise until I unholsterd my full sized .45 and when did I can't tell you how shocked they were that I had my gun on me the whole time.

GuidoZ

The purpose of a holster is FUNCTION! Why does anybody give a rat's ass about adornments that have absolutely nothing to do with function? Especially when those adornments are discreet or, in my case, completely hidden? I've been wearing a Crossbreed SuperTuck for over 4 years, and it is the most comfortable concealment holster I have ever worn. I prefer it over any of my 34 other holsters. When I ordered my SuperTuck the cross was embossed on the leather - nobody sees it when I'm wearing it! It was made for my Glock 17, but it also carries my G23, G26 and Kahr K9 securely, yet allows them to remain easily accessible for a quick presentation... and THAT'S the bottom line for any holster. I don't care if it has the Star of David on it, or a picture of Mickey Mouse - if it works, it works. If the cross bothers anybody that much, then order one with the "V Clip" option ($10) which goes behind your belt, attaches with velcro, and is totally invisible. Don't let your personal prejudices allow you to overlook what, in my opionion, is the best IWB holster made. Check it out! To eliminate it from consideration because of an adornment is like "throwing the baby out with the bath water".

Besides, this is an OC forum, and the SuperTuck is an IWB holster made mainly for CC (or at least discreet carry). If you want to be really BOLD about OC, then wear a tactical thigh rig! Pax...
For some, it's not just the idea of it "being seen", but rather, supporting a company that outspoken about their religious preference. Kinda like why some would boycott a business that is outspokenly anti. All that needs to be said was said - don't like it, don't buy it. Plain and simple. (And I love my Comp-Tac.)

--
Peace. ~G

swinokur

Activist Member
look at

www.theisholsters.com

great CS, fast delivery, cheaper than a CB and the best part

His clips don't have those ridiculous crosses on them. This is sold as a concealment holster, Save the religious symbolism and evangelical pontificating and concentrate on making it conceal better.

Not bashing anyone's beliefs either.

T-Bone

I just received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 30 and I like it. I paid $79.00 for it. I just ordered another one that is similar off of E-Bay for $39.00. I don't know if I will regret it or not. I need it for my Glock 26 that I'm picking up tomorrow. I like the fact that I should receive it by the end of the week instead of waiting for almost 4 weeks. All in all I do recommend the Crossbreed holster.

Beretta92FSLady

[snip]
I'm not yet used to drawing it so I've inadvertently dropped the magazine and have trouble quickly getting a good grip. The combat cut would likely help with those problems but I'm not sure I'd like the decrease in comfort.

Biggest issue, IMO, is the mag dropping. I have a supertuck and it has done that a number of times. I think supertucks might be best for men; if you have some hips or booty, you might have an issue.

Also, with the supertuck, you can get a 10% discount if you are an NRA member.

Last edited: