• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More than 80,000 applications downloaded, 400,000 hits. CWLs issued Tuesday!

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

McNutty

I wonder how they track the number of "downloads." I mean I probably opened the application form from the DOJ website at least three times this morning.

I'm surprised to see them saying that they could start issuing permits this afternoon. Not that there isn't a reason as to why they couldn't - it just seems like it would be far too efficient for a government agency.

protias

I didn't think there'd be that many. I can see the $$$ in the state's eyes. I hope we can get off the money train and back to the Constitution.

wild boar

I thought they had to be mailed.

How can they start to issue, how many people were at the DOJ this A.M. anyway? boar out. oh ya, in the post office at 8:00, so shouldn't be long, if so, I can wait.:D

bmwguy11

How can they start to issue, how many people were at the DOJ this A.M. anyway? boar out. oh ya, in the post office at 8:00, so shouldn't be long, if so, I can wait.:D

You could go to the DOJ and get the application and fill it out and give it to them on the spot. So some people did that today, hence why some permits may be mailed out to recipients by the end of the day today.

mrjam2jab

You could go to the DOJ and get the application and fill it out and give it to them on the spot. So some people did that today, hence why some permits may be mailed out to recipients by the end of the day today.

and that's exactly why they should have just started issuing them on the spot as they were submitted. If they can be mailing them back out the same day then they could have just printed them and handed them over. Save all that postage. :rolleyes:

jpm84092

and that's exactly why they should have just started issuing them on the spot as they were submitted. If they can be mailing them back out the same day then they could have just printed them and handed them over. Save all that postage. :rolleyes:

That makes way to much sense for an agency staffed with Democratic appointees. However, I am impressed that any permits were actually issued "same day". My thought was that DOJ would take every one of the 45 days allotted to them by the law.

Outdoorsman1

I estimated about 20 - 30 were there by about 8:30... And I heard on the radio that the crowds kinda came in spurts thatformed a steady stream throughout the day... somethiong about 120 - 150 applications taken in persaon today....

jpm84092
That makes way to much sense for an agency staffed with Democratic appointees. However, I am impressed that any permits were actually issued "same day". My thought was that DOJ would take every one of the 45 days allotted to them by the law.

This...^^^^ I am EXCITED that they started processing and printing (sending) permits today.... What I thought was going to take 45 days could happen by the end of the week....

Did I say I was EXCITED.... no wait...

LETSDANCE....

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :banana:

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

Are you sure it isn't because he was trying to get his steeeeekin' permit? :p

you guys are murder. yes, i am going to get my permit, yes it is steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin.

Last edited:

donny

Congrats to all Cheeseheads ;)

You've waited a long time and in return ended up with (imho) a pretty decent statute, one claimed to be the fifth best in the nation.

Mlutz

Congrats to all Cheeseheads ;)

You've waited a long time and in return ended up with (imho) a pretty decent statute, one claimed to be the fifth best in the nation.

"If your not first... Your LAST!"

HandyHamlet

As of 3:45 p.m., 145 applications had been received by the Department of Justice and of those, 123 had been approved and 85 had been printed. Applications could not be submitted until Tuesday and by 9 a.m., 83,000 forms had been downloaded.

So I'll get mine before Van Hollen and Walker?

:cool:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
123 approved and 85 printed? I can print 85 pages in about five minutes. What are they doing, printing them by hand? Do they have one calligraphy artist handmaking your licenses? :D Congrats once again guys!

Last edited: